Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Mike Buckner said:

"DCC Ready" is a term widely understood within the industry to mean fitted with a DCC socket of some kind, a blanking plate, and No decoder at all.

Indeed, but others after me answered as if they thought it might be running with decoders, it just could have been taken differently.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Not got that far - can't see how you get the detailed buffer beam back into the loco - without knocking off bits of the details! After removing the coupling does the housing part also come off? Don't want to force it in case it's fixed.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

After removing the coupling does the housing part also come off?

Yes, take the NEM pocket off by pulling away from the loco rather than outward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Must have dimmed the street lights when @Andy Ywas doing the brick test and i have seen or dreamed him doing a coach test on the East Coast before he bins his steam fleet for Deltic power,or his is the unfixable return with the motor welded into the chassis.

As long as he didn't get any APT capacitors from Margate he may be alright.  Then again wouldn't be the first time a Deltic set on fire, so maybe just wanted to do total reality! 

Anyone who wanted to be clever at Margate.....could recycle faulty Capacitor's ex APT by using them in the next Railroad Deltic marketed complete with prototypical engine fires. 

• Funny 1

21 hours ago, 55020 said:

The decoder will "consume" whatever current the motor, speaker and lights are demanding.  At least the decoder is of such quality that it can support up to 1.5A.

I suggest the issue won't be the decoder.

@Tony Walker You could try taking the decoders out and fitting a blanking plug.  Then measure the DC load.  That way you will isolate where the "issue" is. 

Steve

Thanks Steve, Would try but have no DC equipment, so not able to try.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony Walker said:

Yes they are both factory fitted sound decoders. By the way, no sound turned on.

OK, well the ESU V5 are very good decoders but as I have said before I have found them to vary enormously on very slow/crawl running, some work fine and I have three that I just cannot get to crawl without stuttering, and two of the Loco are the same make and model, oddly the auto tune on the V4 worked really well but I find auto tune on the V5 to be almost useless in so much as it doesn’t seem to actually work most of the time.

Well everybody you can all rest easy in the knowledge that Accurascale have shipped by Deltic. I am most excited, and I can tell this news has made the day for each and every one of you.  I am sure your better halves will also be relieved at this momentous news. Standby for photos! I say again standby for photos!

• Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, wairoa said:

Well everybody you can all rest easy in the knowledge that Accurascale have shipped by Deltic. I am most excited, and I can tell this news has made the day for each and every one of you. 

That’ll be the most interesting railtour this year… are the models loaded on PFAs by any chance ?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Wow!!!!

image.png.a05b8f0176e4b2cfc06e08507dfd075c.png

Jesus! It’s only DCC ready too! 
Before people kick off, everyone had the same opportunity to pre-order the model for a good few years! If people are willing to pay that now then that’s the way it goes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Just a warning to AS customers…….

Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Investors should remember that the value of an investment and the income received from an investment can go down as well as up, and they may not get back the amount they invested. 

🤣

• Funny 7

43 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Wow!!!!

image.png.a05b8f0176e4b2cfc06e08507dfd075c.png

Impressive. I remember when we got back from Iraq in 2006 a mate of mine had ordered I think it was the Playstation 3 or 4. Anyway he had ordered 4 of them. When they arrived he paid $400 ea. for them. He then hocked them all off on ebay for $4,000 each. Some people want things pretty badly and have the money to pay for them I guess.

Edited by wairoa
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

£600 ?

wow

Time to stop my little one playing Deltic Jenga then.

At this rate someone will start making cheap Chinese accura-fakes in Red boxes.

Whats it going to be like when the 37’s come out ? Accuragold..

South Sea Bubble ? 

The mad thing is, theres an identical RSG with a buy it now of £395… not that is exactly a bargain either.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Just a warning to AS customers…….

Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Investors should remember that the value of an investment and the income received from an investment can go down as well as up, and they may not get back the amount they invested. 

🤣

Many a true word… Accurascale has already told us that there will be more runs in the future. Generally, re-runs cause a collapse in second-hand prices.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Many a true word… Accurascale has already told us that there will be more runs in the future. Generally, re-runs cause a collapse in second-hand prices.

For clarity, and what it's worth, we've never repeated a running number / livery on any run of anything. Every run of wagons, etc , is unique vehicles, so I expect none of the numbers / liveries / configurations in this run will ever be repeated like for like.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
On 10/07/2022 at 13:37, DLIBOD17 said:

Had to reattach a bogie chain after a neighbour’s daughter picked the model up roughly !! I wasn’t a happy bunny !! 

7BF117CE-6475-450F-AAE0-59AD65247BA5.jpeg

8107D843-5D16-4C29-9BCE-BB580291D9AC.jpeg

Nice . Might I enquire where you got headboards?

34 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Yes, and even non identical reruns make a difference IMO.

For example, prices of Bachmanns purple Northern 150/1 seem to have dropped significantly now they have done a 150/0 release.

30 minutes ago, McC said:

I expect none of the numbers / liveries / configurations in this run will ever be repeated like for like.

Regardless of that, unless somebody wants an exact loco from an exact time (which some will and there are plenty of celeb locos with one off runs that draw the extra money), reruns do tend to reduce the 2nd hand values in my experience. An example of yours was Castle PCAs, although nobody will be bothered about one particular wagon being one particular number like they might be with a loco.

4 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Yes, and even non identical reruns make a difference IMO.

For example, prices of Bachmanns purple Northern 150/1 seem to have dropped significantly now they have done a 150/0 release.

Regardless of that, unless somebody wants an exact loco from an exact time (which some will and there are plenty of celeb locos with one off runs that draw the extra money), reruns do tend to reduce the 2nd hand values in my experience. An example of yours was Castle PCAs, although nobody will be bothered about one particular wagon being one particular number like they might be with a loco.

Nowhere have AS stated that any of the models will be unrepeated.

I think its a firm bet that Gordon in purple will be repeated. It might be that other sell-outs are also repeated.

What is interested (and I am happy about) is the wishlist for a second run, in particular D9000 in 1990s/2000s green mainline condition. Clearly AS don't want all purchase to come from the first batch and then be left with stranded assets, but I do wonder if the apparent intention had not been to cover all 22 class members once (except for KOYLI), if this might have been a contender for including in the original release (i.e. producing D9000 in both 1981 condition and 1998 condition). 

I also wonder if part of the popularity of D9016 is that it is the ONLY model in the first batch that fits in for the early 2000s era (in addition to being controversial and very different)

Now back in UK, and trying to find time in my schedule to unbox and play with Deltic 2, and waiting for number 9 to arrive from DPS.