The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Premium

Barclay James Harvest - Live Tapes.

Played in car to SWMBO while en route to visit old friend. I enjoyed it but she did not seem particularly impressed.

Mostly Autumn's "Carpe Diem" sung by Olivia Sparnenn.

Mobile phone-quality recording from a gig in Holland in May last year, when Heather Findlay had to return home for family reasons, and Olivia Sparnenn stood in for her. But it shows what the band will sound like now Olivia is taking over on a permanent basis. If she can do that song justice, the music is safe in her hands.

• RMweb Premium

Breathing Space - "Below The Radar"

Not exactly "prog" as such, but nice melodic rock beautifully played - I've read one or two IMHO unjustified criticisms of Livvy Sparnenn's singing (I think it's lovely!)

Mostly Autumn, Live 2009. Got as far as "Half the Mountain" and got a serious lump in the throat. God knows how I'll feel at her farewell gig in April. Or Livvy's farewell Breathing Space gig two days later.

Colin - You going to Breathing Space at The Riga in Southend in March?

• RMweb Premium

Mostly Autumn, Live 2009. Got as far as "Half the Mountain" and got a serious lump in the throat. God knows how I'll feel at her farewell gig in April. Or Livvy's farewell Breathing Space gig two days later.

Colin - You going to Breathing Space at The Riga in Southend in March?

Tim,

I've not looked at the bands websites lately - is Ms Sparnenn quitting both outfits?

Actually I didn't know BS were playing in Southend in March - so long as it doesn't clash with Jethro Tull at Ipswich (on the 11th) I'll try to get along.

OMS: Coronatus - "Lux Noctis"

Colin - Breathing Space are playing Southend in Saturday 20th March. Livvy is leaving Breathing Space to take over from Heather in Mostly Autumn at the beginning of April. Heather is leaving MA to go solo. All been a bit of a shock, and it's hit me far harder than I would have thought.

• RMweb Premium

Colin - Breathing Space are playing Southend in Saturday 20th March. Livvy is leaving Breathing Space to take over from Heather in Mostly Autumn at the beginning of April. Heather is leaving MA to go solo. All been a bit of a shock, and it's hit me far harder than I would have thought.

Blimey, that's a bit of a shock! I'm just really annoyed I'll never see MA with Heather now.

Given that half of BS also play in MA, at least there's some continuity!

I can't help but wonder just who will be playing in Heather's band......... ;)

Thanks for the heads up anyway!

Colin,

Yes, it did come as a big shock; I've seen Mostly Autumn live many times over the past few years, and met Heather quite a few times. She's not only a great live performer who puts absolutely everything into her performance, but she's also a very lovely person. She even sent me a very nice email a few days ago asking if I was OK.

Heather is doing one last gig at Leamington Spa on Good Friday, April 2nd. It's really worth the journey for, in my opinion.