The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Premium

Bought a copy of Fretwork, by Chris Newman at his gig on Saturday night. Been on the CD machine and in the car ever since - absolutely stunning guitar work in a number of genres.

Also still listening to his album with his partner, Maire Ni Chathasaig, Firewire, which combines just as brilliant guitar work with very innovative use of the Irish harp (I neve heard one sound like a steel band drum before!)

• RMweb Gold

Dream Theater - Awake. One of their earlier (and better) albums, very dark and intense, with little of the self-indulgent widdly that's characterised too much of their recent output.

Dream Theater - Octavarium (Walk Beside You played on Planet Rock on Tuesday - so being playing in the car). Latest album Black Clouds and Silver Linings worth a listen. Fantastic live band.

Saw Dream Theater live a couple of months back on the Progressive Nation tour with Opeth (who were superb). Dream Theater were impressive except for some very ordinary vocal performances from James LaBrie - don't know whether I caught him on a bad night, or whether he's the weak link in the band.

NP - Samples from Karnataka's new album "The Gathering Light" from their website http://www.karnataka.org.uk/ Colin - you must get this album!

• RMweb Premium

Saw Dream Theater live a couple of months back on the Progressive Nation tour with Opeth (who were superb). Dream Theater were impressive except for some very ordinary vocal performances from James LaBrie - don't know whether I caught him on a bad night, or whether he's the weak link in the band.

NP - Samples from Karnataka's new album "The Gathering Light" from their website http://www.karnataka.org.uk/ Colin - you must get this album!

Tim, it's now on my list :icon_thumbsup2: . My offer of a copy of their 1st album still stands BTW.

OMS: Enya - Watermark