The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2019

MarkC

• RMweb Gold

While the world learns in horror of the atrocities in NZ, first practice at Albert Park may seem a mite trivial.

And when both Ferrari drivers complain about their cars, the season is not quite starting as many might have hoped. 

• Agree 3

Armchair and Remote booked for Saturday and Sunday on C4.

Saturday looks scheduled to start at 12 noon and last until 13-30, so pre Quali chat, a little bit of Quali, post Quali chat and don't forget the adverts, probably 5 x 5 minutes each, so just over an hour of F1 I recon.

Sunday looks to be 14.00 to 16.00, build up, max of 50% of the Race, post analysis and probably 6 x 5 minute adverts.

Form so far looks interesting, apart from the Williams and McLarens, but as Old Murry would often say; In Formula one, anything can happen, and often does. 

• Like 3

Well not as bad as I expected, IN FACT I enjoyed it.

Young Billy did O.K. for his first bit of TV Talk and seemed to fit in well.

Good to see Ferrari talking to the Media again.

Lando Norris was a revelation, and I hope he continues to improve over the season.

Yes far to many Add breaks, and didn't like seeing Sky advertising during C4's program, but I guess that is the power of the pound in advertising.

I can live with it, and save £195 a year for another Loco.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

50%?  No wonder I felt quali was cut to ribbons.

It was awful coverage IMHO, and Billy was OK and will develop, he's pretty cool for a young 'un, but I miss Karun's technical input.

What about Lando though - impressive.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I can live with it, and save £195 a year for another Loco.

And the rest... It's £22 Just for the basic TV package.  Plus £10 for F1 (assuming you don't need to pay £23-30 for the Sports channels as well).

So you have £384 at minimum for two new locos. :)

I was quite shocked at how badly cut the qauli was. They couldn't even show us the full 12 mins of Q3.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

I really felt for DR, the normally grinning Aus, especially as I don't think Gasley will cut the mustard, Marko doesn't take prisoners, as Kyvatt found out a couple of years ago.

But Gasley has one saving grace, and that is, that there is no one in the RBR / TR Teams that can step up to the plate.

Will they make a bid to buy back the talented Aus?

• RMweb Premium

So it wasn’t the red cars sandbagging then...

Merc bluffing in testing, or genuine surprise? Some big time gaps today. 

Williams really do look like having a torrid season. Kubica not quite fit enough? Interesting to hear DC commenting about his spatial awareness being off, or struggling to muscle to car at its limits?

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

36 minutes ago, njee20 said:

Williams really do look like having a torrid season. Kubica not quite fit enough? Interesting to hear DC commenting about his spatial awareness being off, or struggling to muscle to car at its limits?

I do agree that Kubica may not be fit enough, it will be interesting to see how and IF he manages a Race distance tomorrow. It's one thing doing the mileage in testing, but a different story when there are 21 other Cars all jostling for position, and lapping you I would think.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Agreed, although ironically Williams being so off the pace may actually help him out, easier being a moving chicane - there’ll be no expectations of overtaking/defending etc. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, njee20 said:

8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I do agree that Kubica may not be fit enough, it will be interesting to see how and IF he manages a Race distance tomorrow. It's one thing doing the mileage in testing, but a different story when there are 21 other Cars all jostling for position, and lapping you I would think.

5 hours ago, njee20 said:

Agreed, although ironically Williams being so off the pace may actually help him out, easier being a moving chicane - there’ll be no expectations of overtaking/defending etc. 

Thinking about the above, it wouldn't surprise me if at the Summer Break, and assuming that Kubica was under performing, that Mercedes might put a little pressure on Williams to swap Kubica for Estaban Ocon, to warm him up for a decent Race Seat in 2020.

• Agree 2

So how are we going to approach race results this year. I'd love to be able to discuss the results etc of a very interesting race but will no doubt get shouted at by someone who has decided to read the thread before watching the race?

Do we hold fire for however long it takes for people to catch up or just dive straight in and tough if you decided to read before watching?

Sorry if this comes across as a bit finger pointy/moany but every year this comes up.

• Like 3