Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

A big shout out to our graphics man Tim on the box for these and our other models in recent times. He's doing some terrific stuff that just blows us away time and again. Other home runs include our Class 92 boxes for the Accura exclusives and Rails special editions which you may have seen and of course the Caledonian Sleeper boxes too. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

A quick rough shot!

IMG_6036.jpg.444f8b17e43e927b5cc02e766dd4f0b4.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

Does it come with sun glasses, or is it a glowing load for another Nuclear Release.... 

Very nice, really good attention to every part of the model as always.  Fabulous.  It just makes everything everyone else does look drab...... 

Edited by Torbay Express
Extra comment

On 05/12/2022 at 13:25, GWR 802006 said:

Wow now that is a box I like the colours on the box

I agree - it's much better than the cheap efforts of other companies who just place a bit of clear plastic across where the models sit inside.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Morning everyone!

Live scenes as our TPE sets get their glamour shots taken...

IMG_6067.jpg.561cd34a850415be7ce48205b2620f51.jpg

Once they're done and processed we will post them up.

Cheers!

Fran 

Now I know what the “broken screen” was down to….that crinkled foil reflector, and put the lens hood on properly 😂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 04/12/2022 at 13:52, thetrains said:

Bit harsh, footnote is funny.

Actually no.  I made a comment that was ridiculed for his own ego, or that was the interpretation.  And according to his footnote, may like to do it again if it offends.....

The lesson is, treat others as you would like to be treated.  You just don't learn.......'I always forget a sense of humour is often as lacking as common sense.'    Anyone can make a mistake, but Twice???? It's good to know that you do actually know something even if you sometimes forget? ,and don't have to assume everything - is that from personal experience?  I'd consider adding Mutual Respect too, it's pretty low on some agendas. 

Let's get back to something worthwile..... Those Mk5's really do look delightful and most definitely will be the talking point of many layouts.  Only negative is the box - such a shame to store an item of such beauty under the layout!  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Are the Accurascale colours a good match with the Dapol loco that pulks them?

To be, or not to be, that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles

And by opposing end them.

Words about the tpe written by someone better known than I.

• RMweb Premium

Many pages back Accurascale said they're colours are 100% accurate to the real thing. So whether or not Dapol's offering is also 100% accurate is the question, and if Accurascale live up to their own hype. Hopefully they'll be a good match. Felix is poised and ready to pounce when they arrive!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Are the Accurascale colours a good match with the Dapol loco that pulks them?

18 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Many pages back Accurascale said they're colours are 100% accurate to the real thing.

That is a very interesting question. As I understand it the Dapol colours are inaccurate and the Accurascale colours are accurate which means chances are we will have a mismatch.

OTOH, the photos suggest that the colours are reasonably close to the Dapol ones.

On 09/12/2022 at 21:53, TomScrut said:

That is a very interesting question. As I understand it the Dapol colours are inaccurate and the Accurascale colours are accurate which means chances are we will have a mismatch.

OTOH, the photos suggest that the colours are reasonably close to the Dapol ones.

I've already though about that and I am glad Accurascale have the colours correct as the Dapol colours detract from the 68. 

I shall be just running a DRS 68 on the front of my set. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Benjamin Brady said:

I've already though about that and I am glad Accurascale have the colours correct as the Dapol colours detract from the 68. 

I shall be just running a DRS 68 on the front of my set. 

Or a Class 70...

70016 5K66 Garstang

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
On 11/12/2022 at 08:05, GWR 802006 said:

@McC@Accurascale Fran Any news if the Caledonian Sleeper packs will be in the warehouse tomorrow as you said they should arrive tomorrow?

Hi @GWR 802006,

We've been advised by the freight company this morning that the sleepers will arrive with us on Friday this week.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Watto1990 said:

I suspect this has been asked and answered but after wrestling with search I figured I’d just ask - what kind of decoder will the TPE Driving Trailer require? I would like to make sure I’ve got one ready to go! 

Any good 21 pin docoder will work, if you just want directional and internal lighting, none will actually be needed (the magnetic wand will work) so you only need one for sound, or DCC control of the car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, McC said:

Any good 21 pin docoder will work, if you just want directional and internal lighting, none will actually be needed (the magnetic wand will work) so you only need one for sound, or DCC control of the car.

Surely the directional lighting won’t work on DCC without a decoder? How would it know which way it’s going? Or can you set the lighting direction with the wand (very clever if so)?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1