Class 92, By Accurascale

14 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I think a drinking competition would be the fairest way to settle disputes. Whoever passes out first loses the argument. I know who I’d put my money on to win! 😉

There are some people in model railways who are big enough twits when sober!  

Edited by Torbay Express
Grammar

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

A manufacturers brawl thread, with each rep slugging it out at each other would be quite entertaining.

I'll take the bets; bookies always win.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

A manufacturers brawl thread, with each rep slugging it out at each other would be quite entertaining.

The one with the most likes wins.

😁

in an old company I worked for, they arranged a charity boxing match between competitors sales reps, that got exciting, most of our guys were cheering on the rival to give our man a battering, indeed they want to join in and help.

I have a feeling some other manufacturers would join forces to take us on to be honest. There is certainly that smell in the air 🤣

Still, a sign that we're going the right way.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Torbay Express,

Completely agreed on requiring certain items in our range. It is the approach we take to any new model we consider and as we have shown in recent times, we like to build trains and ranges (like 92s and Mark 5s, 50s and Mark 2Bs, as well as Powering Britain etc) as we go. 

Cheers!

Fran 

My Fort William mk5 sleeper pack is a bit bereft of traction…

unless I use a 92 as a barrier vehicle, and let a 66 drag it.. but I dont even think gbrf has gotten availability that bad yet.

just sayin.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Torbay Express said:

One large gap on the wagon front is you not having an intermodal wagon.  That would put some of your Irish Containers to good use, if Irish is OO (pardon my ignorance).  It would also make for a good Accuraload too!  Yummy Bell containers.....

Rubbish…

I mean.. Garbage.

I mean trashcan unadulterated stinking waste..

you know what I mean….

93DA16F0-EF74-4176-8C9A-A49A24BF526D.jpeg.9430ba1d781b082c40d733136e7dbbe7.jpeg325F9C3F-826F-4185-95CF-1D3341B85F98.jpeg.4e5a0398a1d8ffcbfa019129c78248cf.jpeg
never quite understood how waste was considered Railfreight Construction, yet 60009,60015 and 16 were put to Springs branch to deal with it.

no ones made rubbish, so someone eventually has to make some high quality c..p… just dont model realistic interiors please.

Binliner, Waste trains…you smelt them before you saw them, god help you if they got a red at the platform, we used to hide in the bogs from the smell.. pulled by everything from 25/37/40/47 in BR days upto 56/60’s in privatisation

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Wow.  That video brings the (mostly happy) memories flooding back from the 80s, Andy.

In the context of this thread, that would be Lima and Hornby duking it out at the time.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I have a feeling some other manufacturers would join forces to take us on to be honest. There is certainly that smell in the air 🤣

Cheers!

Fran 

You changed my buying habits from buy the model I wanted to buy it when AS make it. Both cost & saved me £££

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I would not like to be a bookie, when the odds of Accurascale doing a super model are pretty much a certainty, regardless of subject.  Besides Patrick and Fran are quite well built figures.   Suppose who had the advantage  would depend on the chosen weapon - product, zimmer frame or ego.    I know which 37 I have put money on.....  

As duplication continues, I doubt very much that any journalists will dare to compare competing products together ..... As I say at work on a Friday and Saturday night, 'Cowards live longer!' 

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran 

With all your Accurascale Exclusives that keep coming, its irrelevant.  Its not worth the fight!  Theres only the scraps on the bone left to spend on 'everything else'! 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

I would not like to be a bookie, when the odds of Accurascale doing a super model are pretty much a certainty, regardless of subject.  Besides Patrick and Fran are quite well built figures.   Suppose who had the advantage  would depend on the chosen weapon - product, zimmer frame or ego.    I know which 37 I have put money on.....  

As duplication continues, I doubt very much that any journalists will dare to compare competing products together ..... As I say at work on a Friday and Saturday night, 'Cowards live longer!' 

Coincidently, my mother is a retired bookie (well, you know jump racing and Ireland, and my home town isn't far from stud farm country) and she ALWAYS won in any debate I had with her back then. I was one too working with her for a short period of time. Hated it!

Anyway, I guess we better go back to Class 92s. Those sound fitted Stobart ones are almost gone BTW!

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran

• RMweb Premium

I've just fitted both my 92s with the pre programmed DCC chips from Accurascale. They work brilliantly, although one slight annoyance. They are programmed with the functions exactly as the sound version, so the lighting and pantograph functions are all in the 20s with most of the other functions empty. Not ideal, but fairly easily sorted if you have something like Decoder Pro. Might be rather difficult if you're just doing it via CVs though. All the different lighting functions are brilliant, and the pantographs are just amazing. 

One question. Are the Accurathrash speakers in the 92s the same as the ones that the Deltic take? I'm very unlikely to fit my 92s with sound, so I wondered if I could swap the speakers into my Deltics if I buy a sound chip for them. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

I've just fitted both my 92s with the pre programmed DCC chips from Accurascale. They work brilliantly, although one slight annoyance. They are programmed with the functions exactly as the sound version, so the lighting and pantograph functions are all in the 20s with most of the other functions empty. Not ideal, but fairly easily sorted if you have something like Decoder Pro. Might be rather difficult if you're just doing it via CVs though. All the different lighting functions are brilliant, and the pantographs are just amazing. 

One question. Are the Accurathrash speakers in the 92s the same as the ones that the Deltic take? I'm very unlikely to fit my 92s with sound, so I wondered if I could swap the speakers into my Deltics if I buy a sound chip for them. 

Hi Tom,

They're the same spec wise so should plant straight into the Deltic no problem at all.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

On 07/02/2023 at 13:07, adb968008 said:

Rubbish…

I mean.. Garbage.

I mean trashcan unadulterated stinking waste..

you know what I mean….

93DA16F0-EF74-4176-8C9A-A49A24BF526D.jpeg.9430ba1d781b082c40d733136e7dbbe7.jpeg325F9C3F-826F-4185-95CF-1D3341B85F98.jpeg.4e5a0398a1d8ffcbfa019129c78248cf.jpeg
never quite understood how waste was considered Railfreight Construction, yet 60009,60015 and 16 were put to Springs branch to deal with it.

no ones made rubbish, so someone eventually has to make some high quality c..p… just dont model realistic interiors please.

Binliner, Waste trains…you smelt them before you saw them, god help you if they got a red at the platform, we used to hide in the bogs from the smell.. pulled by everything from 25/37/40/47 in BR days upto 56/60’s in privatisation

Nearest sector in many ways.  No relationship to Coal, Petrol, Metals, and at least its to do with shoving something in the ground, possible use for disused quarries.  Construction also had Cement at Dunbar and Aggregate/Cement flows around most of the areas ie Bristol/Bath/Somerset, London, Manchester. Plus locos such as 56's to haul it at decent speeds along mainlines. In the early days of EWS, if it weren't for needing the wagons and containers back (and acute loco shortage requiring the use of rusting wrecks) could have just drove the train in the hole! 

So is some fit, plus if privatising why give something profitable to Railfreight Distruction? 

On 07/02/2023 at 09:44, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Torbay Express,

Completely agreed on requiring certain items in our range. It is the approach we take to any new model we consider and as we have shown in recent times, we like to build trains and ranges (like 92s and Mark 5s, 50s and Mark 2Bs, as well as Powering Britain etc) as we go. 

Cheers!

Fran 

So, you've just leaked that there's some unannounced announcements there Fran !

Let's see ...

...to go with the chaldrons,.... colliery engines, a working pit pony (with sound) .....

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, James90012 said:

Hello - is fitting the decoder a body off job?

Thought I would check before inevitably breaking something!

Yes. The body releases with four clips, no screws. The pantographs and cab lights use spring contacts so no wires need unclipping or anything. Just be careful as if the body gets flexed too much the grilles can pop off, but they’re easy to refit if that happens. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/02/2023 at 18:51, Michael Hodgson said:

Let's see ...

Depends how you look at it, but different to the usual 'Announcement of an Announcement' 

Then again other things in the pipeline with these guys is as 'sure as night follows day'. 

• Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 18:51, Michael Hodgson said:

Let's see ...

...to go with the chaldrons,.... colliery engines, a working pit pony (with sound) .....

So long as its only sound and not function too! don't want Pit Pony deposits all over the layout! 😄

• Funny 1