RMweb

'Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

Well, either way, I just bought an appropriate engine for a Batch 2 rake; now I just need to decide how many coaches to get for a plausible rake; I'm thinking five or six coaches, plus a luggage brake, but does that sound right?

Edited by NZRedBaron
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I ordered the set of four GNR coaches which arrived about ten days ago as requested. 

Finally got around to getting them out of their boxes and onto the layout.

IMG20230814235725_BURST000_COVER.jpg.9ac7822478ba5d551943ec3bdaafa34b.jpg

Very pleased with how they look and hope by the end of this week to have the wiring finished so I can have a good operating session.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

It is a bit late for me to say this, but I ordered 4 LNWR coaches which arrived ages ago.  A few weeks ago my son and his family came round, and a visit to the railway room was an essential part of it.  As befits the age of my grandchildren, Thomas and Percy were out plus others masquerading as James and Henry.  On the back of one of the sets of coaches was a Genesis LNWR Tri-composite, which when my son saw, said, "That is really impressive'" or words to that effect.

Edited by ChrisN
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I immediately ordered some GER coaches as the Genesis coaches look more like GER coaches than the Hornby offerings.  

I would have got the GER rather than the GNR had the GER not been in the second batch and being impatient decided the GNR would be close enough to the J70 BR livery and since it is a preservation line it didn't matter. Having got the coaches I think I made the right choice.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

10 hours ago, ChrisN said:

It is a bit late for me to say this, but I ordered 4 LNWR coaches which arrived ages ago.  A few weeks ago my son and his family came round, and a visit to the railway room was an essential part of it.  As befits the age of my grandchildren, Thomas and Percy were out plus others masquerading as James and Henry.  On the back of one of the sets of coaches was a Genesis LNWR Tri-composite, which when my son saw, said, "THat is really impressive'" or words to that effect.

If he like LNWR carriages, I wonder what he would think of this?

D1034.jpg.7605c338df93029373f32ac7f1afef93.jpg

• Like 18

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 01/09/2023 at 23:53, Chris116 said:

@Hattons Dave do you have any idea on when the batch three coaches will become available for pre order? Having just ordered a Met 1 from Hattons I am very keen to get the planned Metropolitan coaches.

Hi Chris, sorry for the late reply. We should have more news to share on Batch 3 after Batch 2 have hit the shelves. Cheers, Dave

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Batch 2 Decorated Samples Wave 2

Hi guys,

We are very pleased to share decorated samples for the following liveries:

• CIE/ Irish Rail
  • BR crimson
  • Midland Railway
  • National Coal Board

We have very limited stock remaining to pre-order on these so we recommend any orders are placed ASAP. See 360 photos and preorder yours: https://bit.ly/3RKW0oP

We hope to receive samples for the LSWR models shortly.

Cheers,

Dave

hattonsgenesisbatch2samples_wave2.png

Edited by Hattons Dave
LSWR Update
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Hattons Dave said:

Hi Chris, sorry for the late reply. We should have more news to share on Batch 3 after Batch 2 have hit the shelves. Cheers, Dave

Not a problem with the time taken to reply, you have far more important things to do. Very pleased with the GNR set of Genesis coaches and very sorry I had to cancel my BR Crimson set but Met 1 and coaches to go with it are more important.

• Like 1

I wonder if Hattons will, after they've worked their way through Batch 3, start all over again. Almost all of the liveries have sold out on pre-order and he who hesitated has lost. That doesn't include me--I'm very pleased with my LNER coaches. 

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Hattons Dave said:

Batch 2 Decorated Samples Wave 2

Hi guys,

We are very pleased to share decorated samples for the following liveries:

• CIE/ Irish Rail
  • BR crimson
  • Midland Railway
  • National Coal Board

We have very limited stock remaining to pre-order on these so we recommend any orders are placed ASAP. See 360 photos and preorder yours: https://bit.ly/3RKW0oP

We hope to receive samples for the LSWR models shortly.

Cheers,

Dave

hattonsgenesisbatch2samples_wave2.png

with the liveries, has there been any consideration to the brown livery in british rail  ? much like the tramway coaches carried on the Kelvedon and Tollesbury Light Railway ?

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 20/09/2023 at 09:55, JShow said:

I wonder if Hattons will, after they've worked their way through Batch 3, start all over again. Almost all of the liveries have sold out on pre-order and he who hesitated has lost. That doesn't include me--I'm very pleased with my LNER coaches. 

I would so love another run of LNWR Plum & Spilt Milk... a single 4-pack does not do my Bachmann Hardwicke justice!

The GNR teaks seem like they went like hotcakes the first two rounds as well. I imagine there'd be no shortage of demand for a third?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, RedTrain said:

I would so love another run of LNWR Plum & Spilt Milk... a single 4-pack does not do my Bachmann Hardwicke justice!

The GNR teaks seem like they went like hotcakes the first two rounds as well. I imagine there'd be no shortage of demand for a third?

Agreed there, as long as they come with different numbers compared to the first run?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

11 hours ago, RedTrain said:

Glad I bagged mine (GNR ones) at the time, to keep a certain Stirling Single company.

Eagerly awaiting the 6-wheel GCR ones to run with Butler Henderson. (Wish I had also ordered a 4-wheel all first too)

Hoping the Caledonian, Metropolitan and Longmooor ones see the light of day too!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, NZRedBaron said:

Counterpoint: Hornby's Gresley teak coaches have been using the same running numbers since 1978.

Is that the 'railroad' standard stuff or the newer tooling?

As far as I know even Hornby are not silly enough to duplicate running numbers on their premier product lines.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

The super detail Gresley teaks that I have seen are all different, with the exception that one of the brakes in the Olympic set has the same number as one of the early ones, though it also has an E prefix. So no exact duplicates that I am aware of. 

• Like 1