Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

I suspect Fran has spent the morning closely watching a ship tracker app, to see if the ship has left China before posting they are on the way!!😂
Bill. 

You mean arrived!! 🤞🏻

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McC said:

As a general ‘warning klaxon’ we would recommend dropping your email into the ‘email me if this becomes available’ box on any sold out items. As balances invoices are raised and tides move there is  always a trickle of models available once stock Is sorted and dispatched so there is always a chance to grab models (still at the original price) shortly after stock physically lands if you are quick!

The irony is, when that boat arrives - I'm sunk! (And possibly a few other mortal modellers souls will follow, and if the wife finds out, its Davy Jones Locker!)    

• Funny 6

On a serious side, which ones are due on this occasion? 

If I am correct it's 37/6 (Inc Rails L/E?) and 37/0 (excluding Original Builds and exclusive 37 D6700). 

So does the Network Rail Exclusive fit in this batch? 

Then 37/4 is another batch, with Exclusive 37402 enclosed 

With 37/0 Original builds to follow last but by no means least! 

That then leaves the Heavy Tractor Group 37/7 to follow with the next set of announcements,if we are not all bankrupt or devorced by then.... 

2 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

On a serious side, which ones are due on this occasion? 

If I am correct it's 37/6 (Inc Rails L/E?) and 37/0 (excluding Original Builds and exclusive 37 D6700). 

So does the Network Rail Exclusive fit in this batch? 

Then 37/4 is another batch, with Exclusive 37402 enclosed 

With 37/0 Original builds to follow last but by no means least! 

That then leaves the Heavy Tractor Group 37/7 to follow with the next set of announcements,if we are not all bankrupt or devorced by then.... 

The delivery schedule is as follows:

• Batch 1 is the Scottish Headlamp 37/0s and modern 37/4s. These are now in production and scheduled to ship at the end of August from China, arriving in stock in mid-October.
  • Batch 2 is the 37/6s and the Yellow 97/3. Planned shipment end of October, arriving in stock in mid December.
  • Batch 3 is the Blue/Green 37/0s. Planned shipment end of December, arriving in stock in February 2023.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, TomScrut said:

It would be an interesting thing to know what % (or any other metric) of employees at model railway manufacturers across the UK are into it themselves.

I manage a (design) engineering team at work, and I always look for those who are an engineer by state of mind rather than engineer by job. I expect in most industries (where possible) it is massively beneficial to have team members who are genuinely interested in the subject, work and/or fruits of the labour beyond making money.

18 hours ago, McC said:

We are possibly a little anomalous in (becoming) a larger manufacturer that’s been established in the first instance by modellers. Our philosophy has been to recruit the best possible talent to aid our mission who are also passionate about model railways. So far only one person, Marie in accounts, doesn’t personally collect or build so our ratio is good :) if you don’t have a passion for it, you certainly wouldnt do it for the money and plaudits 😄

Haha.   Just like on the big railway eh.   The majority of my colleagues are cranks of one kind or another and it is really ironic that an individual who is not apparently interested in anything and has no hobbies, not even following a footie team, tries to take the mickey out of the rest of us who do like modern, jsteam, model, narra gauge, buses, planes  etc etc and gets shot down every time for it. That individual definetely isolates himself !!!  

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

The delivery schedule is as follows:

• Batch 1 is the Scottish Headlamp 37/0s and modern 37/4s. These are now in production and scheduled to ship at the end of August from China, arriving in stock in mid-October

Holy smokes! I had forgotten these were about due! Well that has gotten me excited!

• Like 4

Thanks for the update Fran. 
working in an industry where the the shortage of semi conductors is still causing havoc with production schedules and customer order delivery times, I can completely understand your frustrations and what you are working against. 
At least there is now something to look forward to in what I normally class as the most depressing month of the year!!

More time to save up for a couple of extra sound chips for the non DCC 37’s on order and maybe an extra loco!

Regards. 
Bill. 

Edited by billywhizz
Typo
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

That’s just the way it is in todays world, it’s no drama. Looking forward to Jan 23 now.

It’s worked in your favour with me anyway. Thinking the first ones were imminent I ordered a 5th one before it sold out from one of your suppliers. Happy I did and now have longer to pay for it. #winning

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks guys. We absolutely hate letting people down and missing deadlines, and it is all the more frustrating when it's something beyond our control, especially when it's so close to the finishing line. But we're almost there.

6 minutes ago, slow8dirty said:

Thank you for the update, given all the current difficulties that's actually a fair bit of good news in there. It must be "such fun" running a model railway company 😉

It can be frustrating, but we had a meeting today with some of the team (and more next week) and with our team on board with their talent, creativity, drive, professionalism and absolutle love for railways, both prototypical and model form, we pinch ourselves and remember that we have a job that we would have over any other out there. 

Cheers!

Fran  

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Holy smokes! I had forgotten these were about due! Well that has gotten me excited!

53 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Apologies, latest news

Spoke too soon!

But I agree with what everyone else has said, better being right and it's only a couple of months.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Gives me a bit more time to save for Lord Hinton (assuming that’s a batch 1 loco?). It is just a symptom of the global IC shortage. Thanks for the update!

Where does the Heavy Tractor Group 37714 model fit? Presumably this time next year? 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the update @Accurascale Fran, along with the honesty and transparency.

In order for the Cl37 to get 2023 Model of The Year, we're going to have to wait until ..... 2023.

The world will keep on spinning and I will continue to support AS.  Simply the best!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Gremlin99 said:

Gives me a bit more time to save for Lord Hinton (assuming that’s a batch 1 loco?). It is just a symptom of the global IC shortage. Thanks for the update!

Where does the Heavy Tractor Group 37714 model fit? Presumably this time next year? 

Hi Gremlin99,

Correct, 402 is in the first batch. 714 was part of batch two next summer, which right now is still on course.

12 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Soooooooooo class 92 out first then?

mark

Sure is, we will have a more positive news update on our Dysons in the next week or two, but basically they're almost done!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, MoonM said:

Well, at least they didn't all fall off a pallet whilst being delivered to the warehouse 

Hi @MoonM,

I saw that this evening and well, my heart sunk. What an awful thing to happen and the rapido team have our deepest sympathy on that one. What an awful watch it was and thing to happen on such a lovely model (I do have one of the first batch myself)

Really hope the boxes did their job and protected the models!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Thanks guys. We absolutely hate letting people down and missing deadlines, and it is all the more frustrating when it's something beyond our control, especially when it's so close to the finishing line. But we're almost there.

It can be frustrating, but we had a meeting today with some of the team (and more next week) and with our team on board with their talent, creativity, drive, professionalism and absolutle love for railways, both prototypical and model form, we pinch ourselves and remember that we have a job that we would have over any other out there. 

Cheers!

Fran  

Very nicely said. 

At the end of the day, the wait is the wait.  Nothing can be done regarding external issues.  Main thing is to ensure that the production models are astounding and worth the wait. 

Yippee!  I'm not sunk just yet..... 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @MoonM,

I saw that this evening and well, my heart sunk. What an awful thing to happen and the rapido team have our deepest sympathy on that one. What an awful watch it was and thing to happen on such a lovely model (I do have one of the first batch myself)

Really hope the boxes did their job and protected the models!

Cheers!

Fran 

Not good.

As you say, let’s hope the boxes and packaging have done their job Fran!

• Agree 1