Class 37, by Accurascale

17 minutes ago, Iskra said:

And how do they get their information?

From the 1979 Combined volume of Ian Allan's "locomotives, multiple units and infectious coronaviruses"??

That's where I get most of my info......

Anyway, did someone say something about a class 37?

Edited by The Ghost of IKB
  • Like 1
  • Funny 5

3 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Yes, I was joking, I didn't really think pouring water over my trainset was a good idea.  It's not Sam's trains here! 😁

Or Jennifer's attic, for that matter...

12 hours ago, 37501 said:

37262 in LL would be very nice. A personal favourite as I got a cab ride during the run round at Kyle of Lochalsh. 

Plus 37260 and 37261 PLEEEEEEEEASE

In fact ALL Inverness based 37`s

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

On 13/01/2023 at 17:16, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chris,

Thanks, appreciate the support. It's killing me not announcing the next batch, as there is some really exciting ones included. We just want to get these closer to the finish line first. But they're beautiful, and I reckon will really take excitement to a whole new level.

Cheers!

Fran 

This is the only thing frustrating me at the moment , waiting to see what is coming in the next batch , just in case something changes my mind before I lay any track on the newly built baseboards 

• Like 3

37216 would be cool, BR Green with Small Yellow Panels, but then I’m slightly biased.

26s and 27s seem like an interesting proposal for a new tooled product one would think. 
However, I would argue that some more steam would be nice before a lot more in terms of diesel traction

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

However, I would argue that some more steam would be nice before a lot more in terms of diesel traction

You could certainly try, but of course you'd be wrong 😉😂

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

37216 would be cool, BR Green with Small Yellow Panels, but then I’m slightly biased.

26s and 27s seem like an interesting proposal for a new tooled product one would think. 

45 minutes ago, 55020 said:

You could certainly try, but of course you'd be wrong 😉😂

I'm sure he meant to say 'steam heat' 😉

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

13 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

37216 would be a good choice and IIRC it was an SF loco so would have worked the Nuclear FLASKS to Sizewell etc.  However it had plated headcodes and headlights so wouldn't be suitable for the 1960s look.

As for steam.  Yes.  Loads of options available and one of the most suitable choices in my view would be the Midland 2F 0-6-0. Accurascale's approach to a project normally means "all variants" which would mean different cab shapes etc, although not sure whether different sized wheels would be achievable.  This is a Flickr example 

Johnson designed Midland 2F 0-6-0 58128 at Bescot..many of these locos achieved phenomenally long lives this particular one clocking up 86 years from its introduction in 1876 until withdrawal in Oct 1962

Midland Class 2F No3561 0-6-0

From an earlier period with an older cab 2F 3561 in LMS condition

Edited by Covkid
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

Heljan have a new tooled 26 in production , the 27 will follow at some point I have been assured

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sulzer71 said:

Heljan have a new tooled 26 in production , the 27 will follow at some point I have been assured

Indeed.

17 minutes ago, Covkid said:

However it had plated headcodes and headlights so wouldn't be suitable for the 1960s look.

She’s in that livery currently and will be for a few years yet.

22 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

No, there's no need for any more steam....at all.😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, thetrains said:

I'd like a blue WR numerical centre head code box one in next run, but fear that as Bachy have one coming out that won't happen, and at Bachy's prices I ain't going over my-self imposed £180 limit for a loco.

Bachmann haven't actually announced one yet though, they've just shown the EP of that body style at the launch. Even when they do get round to using that tooling, it might just be in green and we'll have to wait a while longer for a blue one. For all we know, Accurascale have one lined up too!

• Like 1