Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

5 hours ago, McC said:

All of the schedules are unmoved for the 37, including 37714

That's interesting. I thought it was meant to be part of batch 2? Which then leads me to wonder if batch 2 is just following on from batch 1, or if it got moved when batch 1 was delayed?

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

That's interesting. I thought it was meant to be part of batch 2? Which then leads me to wonder if batch 2 is just following on from batch 1, or if it got moved when batch 1 was delayed?

37714 is a comission so outside our launch programme but from the point of view of timings it’s in batch 4. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

On 12/03/2023 at 18:37, Krieghoff said:

B9ADAD9C-FC32-424E-A5CE-50C12B5DE135.jpeg.a0e970df44f1dc95ccd4f30f5938726f.jpegHow about this ROG class 37 800 as an Accurascale Limited edition. what a fantastic livery and on (i think) this locos 60th Birthday. 

😍😍😍😍

Yes this along with DRS 37716 Is a must! Absolutely love that livery! 😊😊

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 11/03/2023 at 15:15, Bucoops said:

Still showing 10+ at the moment. Could be 11 of course!

Darn wish you hadn't posted that ! Resisted these up to now. Resistance is futile! D6703 DCC ready ordered lol

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi All,

A little constructive feedback and a question from me.

Having taken a good look at the production prototype photos (https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-37) I’m noticing the variance between models with how the inner windscreen mouldings are fitted. The DRS one has them quite recessed, with the other 2 still having slightly overscale relief around the outer edges. They look to need to come forward by varying amounts.

One question I have is how is the windscreen moulding attached? If it’s held in with a little glue in the same sort of way as glazing normally is then it looks feasible to pop them out and set them back in to taste.

To me, the screens and their surroundings are the most noticeable an iconic feature of the 37s and 40s, being the first think I really noticed about them when I was a nipper. I run a smallish layout and part of the appeal is having things look as realistic as possible from close quarters. At this stage, it looks a quick and easy fix too.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 97406 said:

Hi All,

A little constructive feedback and a question from me.

Having taken a good look at the production prototype photos (https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-37) I’m noticing the variance between models with how the inner windscreen mouldings are fitted. The DRS one has them quite recessed, with the other 2 still having slightly overscale relief around the outer edges. They look to need to come forward by varying amounts.

One question I have is how is the windscreen moulding attached? If it’s held in with a little glue in the same sort of way as glazing normally is then it looks feasible to pop them out and set them back in to taste.

To me, the screens and their surroundings are the most noticeable an iconic feature of the 37s and 40s, being the first think I really noticed about them when I was a nipper. I run a smallish layout and part of the appeal is having things look as realistic as possible from close quarters. At this stage, it looks a quick and easy fix too.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

This link might help. 

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

This link might help. 

To clarify, the moulding of the recessed area containing the screens and the area surrounding them looks fine, but it look to sit a little deep in the front of the cab, so the raised lip around the edge looks exaggerated. Example below:

image.png.8dd6cf45d3dc65636b88f20c3aa38832.png

I see no need to replace the existing window frames with etchings looking at the production examples. 

Also the ones I have on order are the Scottish Headlight examples so they will have different inserts, but the principle is the same. I am looking forward to seeing the production samples of that batch as the earlier prototypes look OK..

I have Shawplanned (if such a word exists) all my existing 37s and 40s with the screens and backpates, but I don’t think there will be a need here, fingers crossed. If the inner windscreen moulding can be repositioned, then I think it will look perfect.

Edited by 97406

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tim,

It is a separate part which is glued in from behind, if that makes sense. On 423, it has become a little bit pushed in due to handling (We do bounce the production samples around a bit as you can imagine) so can be pushed into place again if the body was taken off. We will advise careful handling in this area. 

HTH

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tim,

It is a separate part which is glued in from behind, if that makes sense. On 423, it has become a little bit pushed in due to handling (We do bounce the production samples around a bit as you can imagine) so can be pushed into place again if the body was taken off. We will advise careful handling in this area. 

HTH

Cheers!

Fran 

Super, as I thought. I find with most models the fittings are normally lightly glued in and can be removed/adjusted easily. Once every so often I get a model that was assembled by somebody with shares in a Superglue manufacturing company - the glazing in the Heljan 86 being an example of this. Not that it beat me in that case, thanks to careful use of a small flat bladed screwdriver up behind the glazing bars after sticking the bodyshell in the freezer for an hour or so.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

For the attention of Fran and friends for when you research the Landore headlight bracketed 37s.  Peter Hall has worked on this list.

rcts.org.uk/diesel-dilemmas/class-37s-fitted-with-central-wales-line-headlights-1960s-1970s/& Travel Society (rcts.org.uk) 

Go on Fran.  You know we want you to

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, Covkid said:

For the attention of Fran and friends for when you research the Landore headlight bracketed 37s.  Peter Hall has worked on this list.

rcts.org.uk/diesel-dilemmas/class-37s-fitted-with-central-wales-line-headlights-1960s-1970s/& Travel Society (rcts.org.uk) 

Go on Fran.  You know we want you to

Hi @Covkid,

I've passed the link to Gareth, and it's entirely up to him what he does with it. :) 

Just an FYI everyone, D6703 is now sold out. Thank you to everyone for the pre-orders!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9

I’ve had the 97 on pre-order from the day it was announced, and I had decided that was all I wanted. 

However, I am weak and have now also ordered 37609 in DRS livery from Rainbow Railways. 

Got high hopes for these. 

Edited by Eden Road TMD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, Ryan91 said:

423 was all I wanted..

I ended up with 5 more 😂

Self control !!!!

I will be honest. I put the order together for a D6703 and pressed the button, but got an error message !!! It allowed me to scramble back from the brink because it is GSYP centres that i want.  Phew !!

• Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 16/03/2023 at 08:12, Covkid said:

It allowed me to scramble back from the brink

I ordered 409 from a retailer who accepted payment and confirmed my order.

A few days later I placed an order with the same retailer for 423.   I had no acknowledgment of this second order and been trying without success to contact them via e-mail and Facebook to confirm that my order was accepted.   Just received a message from Paypal this morning that my payment for 423 has been cancelled.  I messaged the Paypal rep and got a reply that they can't say why it has been cancelled as "the decision was automated".    Since I ordered 423 a couple of unexpected bills have come in so I now have an opportunity to scramble back from the brink.  Though I had been looking forward to this one as I have taken a few photos of the full size loco at Carlisle and Whitehaven, so if I don't hear back from the retailer within the next few days I will probably re-order from elsewhere.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

I ordered 409 from a retailer who accepted payment and confirmed my order.

A few days later I placed an order with the same retailer for 423.   I had no acknowledgment of this second order and been trying without success to contact them via e-mail and Facebook to confirm that my order was accepted.   Just received a message from Paypal this morning that my payment for 423 has been cancelled.  I messaged the Paypal rep and got a reply that they can't say why it has been cancelled as "the decision was automated".    Since I ordered 423 a couple of unexpected bills have come in so I now have an opportunity to scramble back from the brink.  Though I had been looking forward to this one as I have taken a few photos of the full size loco at Carlisle and Whitehaven, so if I don't hear back from the retailer within the next few days I will probably re-order from elsewhere.

As a hungry man once said,theres more to life than food,now we know what it its,Accurascales 37 fleet it seems.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

As a hungry man once said,theres more to life than food,now we know what it its,Accurascales 37 fleet it seems

Yes indeed.  This morning I have been visiting the websites of all the usual online retailers, Hattons, Rails, Kernow, Hampshire, Derails etc and all sold out of 37 423 on pre-order.  Found 37 423 was still available at Colletts, but last analogue one, so I got in quick and spent my Paypal refund.  I even saved 4.50 as Colletts were offering free postage.   For anyone else still searching for 37 423, Colletts still have one DCC version available for pre-order as of now.

Edited by cessna152towser
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, cessna152towser said:

Yes indeed.  This morning I have been visiting the websites of all the usual online retailers, Hattons, Rails, Kernow, Hampshire, Derails etc and all sold out of 37 423 on pre-order.  Found 37 423 was still available at Colletts, but last analogue one, so I got in quick and spent my Paypal refund.  I even saved 4.50 as Colletts were offering free postage.   For anyone else still searching for 37 423, Colletts still have one DCC version available for pre-order as of now.

Had no real interest in this one, now ordered from TMC (The Model Centre) who are still showing on pre-order 🙄

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Anyone still looking for options of preorders, colletts of Exmouth still have a few available - no connection with the shop just a satisfied customer! Also thought I’d drop the link to help any fellow modellers get their hands on what looks to be a superb loco thats pretty much sold out almost everywhere now! 
🙂

https://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk/?s=Accurascale+class+37&post_type=product

• Like 2