Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

26 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I quite like it but don't model " contemporary ". One of the main reasons is , what the fudge can you pull behind this esp on a small plank ? Scrap stock transfer ? wagon going for maintenance ?

However I have faith that the boys will get to required liveries from the older days soon , there's decades worth to go out .

This legacy will be passed on to accura babies to continue pumping them out well into the 2030s, 40s, 50s i'd imagine 

None of these photos are mine and I suppose might not be suitable for an end to end, but here's the tango 405 with...

Autoballasters

Preston Tractor Tango 1

RHTT

37405 passing Hereford Signal Box

With NR 97 and logs

97303 & 37405 6C55, Shrewsbury

Surely won't be long before it appears on a Colas operated test train aswell. They all seem to after a while!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Markn said:

None of these photos are mine and I suppose might not be suitable for an end to end, but here's the tango 405 with...

Autoballasters

Preston Tractor Tango 1

RHTT

37405 passing Hereford Signal Box

With NR 97 and logs

97303 & 37405 6C55, Shrewsbury

Surely won't be long before it appears on a Colas operated test train aswell. They all seem to after a while!

That's why it's easier in the blue period - couple of 16 T minerals and a van .

Certainly wouldn't fit on my new project which is 2 x B&Q floating shelves 

• Agree 1

On 06/04/2023 at 13:00, Accurascale Fran said:

Acc-37405-HNRC.jpg.785c2ec6e2873917d02a45f4a30462af.jpg

That's nice, but just missing a proper logo.... !!!

IMG_1391.jpg.0be903cfa6d90edff872e243d6c5a7d4.jpg

I have asked Gareth, yet no reply :( so could Fran et al on Rmweb confirm whether 'run 2' shall have working fans on DCC? 

This was originally mentioned by your boss back in Aug 2021 as something you have designed for the future...

On 09/08/2021 at 21:29, McC said:

When originally evaluated, the existing technology was expensive and we felt a £200 dcc ready loco was beyond what customers would find fair. 

With the class 92 (deco sample updates very shortly) we gained huge experience with the motor technology required to seamlessly and silently operate the  pantographs which ended up being translatable into working fans, louvres, vents, you name it. 

We since then retro-tweaked the fittings and sound projects to accommodate a future fan module that may be an option or no cost feature of a very slightly more expensive model in a future run and may well become a standard feature in all the other diesels we are busy making behind the scenes.  We’d hope to offer the fan module to first run customers at cost if it works out. 

If you are to include, have you come up with a working solution to retro fit the 'run 1' locomotives with a working fan? I reduced my orders for 'run 1' right back to only 37409 and 423 as I was happy to wait for a couple of years for the 37/6s to be produced again with such features! 

Still, I have ordered CP inspired 37405 direct and Colas 116 with my usual retailer, in the faith their fans shall work! In the meantime, Bachmann 37175 Sound Fitted Deluxe shall keep me entertained. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, 159220 said:

I have asked Gareth, yet no reply :( so could Fran et al on Rmweb confirm whether 'run 2' shall have working fans on DCC? 

This was originally mentioned by your boss back in Aug 2021 as something you have designed for the future...

If you are to include, have you come up with a working solution to retro fit the 'run 1' locomotives with a working fan? I reduced my orders for 'run 1' right back to only 37409 and 423 as I was happy to wait for a couple of years for the 37/6s to be produced again with such features! 

Still, I have ordered CP inspired 37405 direct and Colas 116 with my usual retailer, in the faith their fans shall work! In the meantime, Bachmann 37175 Sound Fitted Deluxe shall keep me entertained. 

As per the specifications none of the 37’s announced so far have working fans. Our focus has been on delivering the delayed models and producing more to meet demand before embarking on the retooling required (for the motor mounts ) and changes in prices that may be needed. These 37’s are identically highly specified as run 1, with dual speakers, extensive lighting, built in stay alive etc. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 159220 said:

Pass the port….🤣

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Orange…

why does it have to be orange…

i dont know whats worse, Orange, All over yellow or Purple.

The orange looks quite nice, I spent Monday afternoon chasing 37607 around.

37607 stainforth.jpg

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Orange…

Some people think WCRC is an awful colour. There’s no accounting for peoples taste 😂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Some people think WCRC is an awful colour. There’s no accounting for peoples taste 😂

It takes all sorts ,

That WCRC have painted their locos the same colour as a stool sample is up to them 

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Personality preferred the old livery that 087 and 375?? had.  Just too orange and such a thin black line too.  Definitely needs something towards the bottom, even just a reflective silver strip. 

This perchance? I rather liked that! Image off David Burrell's Flickr page.

HNRC Class 37/5 37515 - Barrow Hill

Edited by 97406
  • Like 6

Fran

is the new 37 tango going to have its own specific sound file or are you going to use existing ones ?

just asking as it would be really good, as its an exclusive, to have its own original sound file to make it that bit more exclusive !😁😁😁

Edited by Krieghoff
Typo

• RMweb Gold
On 07/04/2023 at 20:26, adb968008 said:

Orange…

Because orange is the best colour*

It's between this and Colas, can't make up my mind... which is probably a sign that I need both.

* all colours are equally lovely, of course - we embrace diversity here at the Fjord

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, JamFjord said:

Because orange is the best colour*

It's between this and Colas, can't make up my mind... which is probably a sign that I need both.

* all colours are equally lovely, of course - we embrace diversity here at the Fjord

But can you afjord both? :P

• Funny 3

It happens that I've photographed 37 422 back in 2017 at Kents Bank. My first photo of a 37's still in service. So I had to order this one as well.
It seems there's always a reason to order a 37:
37258: Dutch livery. I live in Holland.
37405: It's orange. I like orange.

🤷‍♂️

51605298239_3ca4f34263_c.jpg

Please do not announce 37800 in ROG livery soon 😂

Edited by Ryan91
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Fran

is the new 37 tango going to have its own specific sound file or are you going to use existing ones ?

just asking as it would be really good, as its an exclusive, to have its own original sound file to make it that bit more exclusive !😁😁😁

As much as I like this idea, surely the cost of such a project will not be justifiable? 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Fran

Why? Does it sound any different to other 37’s? Should the exclusive class 50’s have their own as well? Turn the sound on and a hoover starts? 

Edited by Hilux5972
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Fran

Does orange have it's own sound? Smell - yes, taste - yes, feel - yes, not sure about sound, unless its the pips you can hear.

• Funny 3