Class 37, by Accurascale

A question please to anyone on here who may have the know how, having had 37423 out the box tonight I thought I would attempt to add as much detail as possible to the Number 1 end Bufferbeam. First off I went for the ploughs, I got the middle section on no problem at all however I found the 2 outer sections to be very wobbly so took  it off altogether. I then looked at the fixed (Bachmann type) plough but couldn't for the life of me work out how to fit it, I've looked on the Support page on A/S's website & only found details about the 3 piece plough. So if anyone has fitted the other type & knows how to do so please could they pass any information my way? Kind regards & many thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, vanbasher said:

A question please to anyone on here who may have the know how, having had 37423 out the box tonight I thought I would attempt to add as much detail as possible to the Number 1 end Bufferbeam. First off I went for the ploughs, I got the middle section on no problem at all however I found the 2 outer sections to be very wobbly so took  it off altogether. I then looked at the fixed (Bachmann type) plough but couldn't for the life of me work out how to fit it, I've looked on the Support page on A/S's website & only found details about the 3 piece plough. So if anyone has fitted the other type & knows how to do so please could they pass any information my way? Kind regards & many thanks in advance.

Does it not fit into the NEM pocket on the bogie?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, vanbasher said:

1 hour ago, PieGuyRob said:

Does it not fit into the NEM pocket on the bogie?

I think the single piece plough clips over the NEM pocket, as it fitted when I took a look.

I have fitted the 3 piece ploughs, the outer ones were glued into the holes, but a couple were still a bit loose, so I applied more superglue on the join with a cocktail stick, and used a little spray of activator to help it cure quickly. I also removed and stored the kinematic coupling apparatus on mine, but I have a depot layout and don’t intend to couple the loco to anything else.

Incidentally, the other new 37 with the not-so-good snowplough arrangement also has holes beneath the bufferbeams that look like they will accept the outer Accurascale ploughs. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/04/2023 at 16:00, Melton Works said:

Good Afternoon all!

There isn't anything more I could say that hasnt been mentioned on this thread. The 37s are spot on, detailed to the exact prototype and the more you look at them, the more detail you see.

Anyway the only issue I have (asked Accurascale customer services about this too awaiting response) is double heading/top and tail. A must as I'm modelling DRS GA "short set", both locos will pull away fine work nicely together, then either one of the locos (randomly) will go in "wheelslip mode" (F8 not used) then either the set will separate (magnet couplings) or the coaches will come off, as one loco is then running quicker than the other. 

For the lighting, I have pulled the plugs for the inboard lights, unless there is a way to adjust the CV settings to operate them in top and tail mode other than just disabling the taillights. 

Anyway no criticism of Accurascale or the model itself, actually the Accurascale customer service are excellent, but if anyone has any suggestions, it would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks

Kev (Melton Works)

20230426_132004.jpg

I recall reading somewhere that when double-heading in DCC back-EMF can cause issues.  Have you tried turning it off in one, or both, locos?

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 30/04/2023 at 00:57, meatloaf said:

Ive ordered the sound decoder and the speaker. Daft question but soes the speaker come with the bits to fix the speaker into the loco or will i need to black tack it down.

I can answer this one, having just had the speaker arrive rather promptly.

There are no fittings so will need to be black tacked down. It fits pretty snug without it mind!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, uk_pm said:

I recall reading somewhere that when double-heading in DCC back-EMF can cause issues.  Have you tried turning it off in one, or both, locos?

It does, I have found they fight each other unless perfectly speed matched.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Super-Sloth said:

With round two now hitting peoples door steps, do we have any news on the likely time scale(s) for rounds 3 and 4?

TIA.

Sloth. 

I dont think the round two are in the country yet? If by that you mean the Scottish headlight variants?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Super-Sloth said:

With round two now hitting peoples door steps, do we have any news on the likely time scale(s) for rounds 3 and 4?

TIA.

Sloth. 

14 minutes ago, MP40058 said:

I dont think the round two are in the country yet? If by that you mean the Scottish headlight variants?

Here’s a line to McC’s past from last Friday

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/149301-class-37-by-accurascale/?do=findComment&comment=5160733

Hopefully it works :)

I’ve added a screen grab as the link took me further back in the thread.

F2AD674A-E829-41D2-858D-0621D4770EF0.jpeg

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, vanbasher said:

Hope this helps you @vanbasher I found it easier to remove the nem coupling from its socket, clip the 3 piece plough to the coupling then gently push it back into its socket 👍 job done!

image.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Shoey said:

Hope this helps you @vanbasher I found it easier to remove the nem coupling from its socket, clip the 3 piece plough to the coupling then gently push it back into its socket 👍 job done!

image.jpg

That's a massive help many, many thanks Shoey.

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, fortesejunction said:

I can answer this one, having just had the speaker arrive rather promptly.

There are no fittings so will need to be black tacked down. It fits pretty snug without it mind!

If you look on the parts diagram there are two specific clips (light grey) that clip down the speaker. They are a part that can be ordered 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, uk_pm said:

They run really well together, until you go above speed step 10, not always, but one of them will randomly go into wheelslip mode and they will get separated or one will shove the other one off the track. It's very hit and miss.

Kev

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

If you look on the parts diagram there are two specific clips (light grey) that clip down the speaker. They are a part that can be ordered 👍

When I asked I was told they aren't available :(

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

If we all ask i guess our mates will help us out with stocks at Accuraspares,if they are common to all the sound models.

The spare parts stockpile is in transit with the next batch. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

If we all ask i guess our mates will help us out with stocks at Accuraspares,if they are common to all the sound models.

Do it, do it 😁

Poor Patrick doesn't know what's coming lol

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

They are listed as specific parts on the exploded diagram service/parts sheet so they should be available !

edit

just seen Stevens post. 

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Melton Works said:

They run really well together, until you go above speed step 10, not always, but one of them will randomly go into wheelslip mode and they will get separated or one will shove the other one off the track. It's very hit and miss.

Kev

Whilst the sound file is absolutely brilliant it definitely doesn’t alter the acceleration settings when it goes into wheel slip. So your problem is mismatched consist, not the wheel slip, which is only sound only and not motion.

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, McC said:

The spare parts stockpile is in transit with the next batch. 

Great stuff. May I suggest sending the speaker retaining brackets out with a purchased speaker, especially for the ones who have purchased non-sound version models from the first batch like I have. I have since pre-ordered the sound modules and matching speakers (i caved in big time) for both of my initial purchases

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, MP40058 said:

Great stuff. May I suggest sending the speaker retaining brackets out with a purchased speaker, especially for the ones who have purchased non-sound version models from the first batch like I have. I have since pre-ordered the sound modules and matching speakers (i caved in big time) for both of my initial purchases

It depends on the model you’re installing in. The 37 for example doesn’t use brackets but the 55 does etc. We also sell a lot of accurathrashes for third party locos since apparently we’re rather good value for money. Simply drop our wonderful parts and warranty team a note (warranty@a..com) and we can send you any parts needed (free too)

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, McC said:

It depends on the model you’re installing in. The 37 for example doesn’t use brackets but the 55 does etc. We also sell a lot of accurathrashes for third party locos since apparently we’re rather good value for money. Simply drop our wonderful parts and warranty team a note (warranty@a..com) and we can send you any parts needed (free too)

For the next loco, perhaps…. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, McC said:

Morning :) That's what I did but got told it would be brought up at your next planning meeting. My Bob is packed away at the moment - what parts are needed to hold a 37 speaker down please? :)

• Like 1