Class 37, by Accurascale

5 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

What the hell is going on with all this positivity? I don’t know about you but I want to see comments like “this model is, objectively, the best RTR model I’ve ever seen, but as I’ve had to wait a couple of weeks longer for it to arrive than I was originally told,  I now hate it and have just given it to a tramp to sell for food…”.

It’s not all good mate. It’s shown up I have a dodgey point that they refuse to stay on the track for so the civil engineers will have to pay a visit.

Also it shows that my Prodigy Advanced won’t play any functions above F11. Fortunately F11 is the flange squeal which is superb. As others have noted there are lots of lovely little noises that play beyond the engine noise as you operate it. Heavy train mode is a roof slate rattler. I’m totally blown away with the quality of them. 
Sorry I’m gushing 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mallaig1983 said:

It’s not all good mate. It’s shown up I have a dodgey point that they refuse to stay on the track for so the civil engineers will have to pay a visit.

Also it shows that my Prodigy Advanced won’t play any functions above F11. Fortunately F11 is the flange squeal which is superb. As others have noted there are lots of lovely little noises that play beyond the engine noise as you operate it. Heavy train mode is a roof slate rattler. I’m totally blown away with the quality of them. 
Sorry I’m gushing 😀

My prodigy goes up to F28. Off top of my head its Shift + the number you want, so F20 would be Shift then 20

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

41 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

My prodigy goes up to F28. Off top of my head its Shift + the number you want, so F20 would be Shift then 20

Do you mean press ‘Shift’ then ‘2’ then ‘0’ meatloaf?

Just taken delivery of Loch Eil in basic DC form and I have to say that it is stunning. The level of detail and finish is superb. Next step is to add a spare ESU decoder but I’m tempted to upgrade to sound to really do this thing justice.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

My crew arrived today - the local DHL chap appears to be on a mission as he's always about an hour before the estimated delivery window.

Decoder due tomorrow so nearly time to get busy with Bob - assuming I can remember what I did with the speaker!

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, young37215 said:

37027 got run in yesterday spending an hour or so trundling around the loop on my west highland line layout. Everything about the locos performance served to confirm what an excellent model Accurascale have produced. I'll also commend their customer service people who have been first class in responding to a couple of my requests. 

The loco has been run straight from the box. The headcode lights brightness need adjusting as do a number of the acceleration related CV's. DHL delivered my loco crew which I need to work out how to fit where a quick glance at the guide indicates that I need to remove the whole bodyshell to access the cabs. I'll get around to these and learning more about the various sound features over the next few days. Ultimately I intend to lightly weather 37027 but that will have to wait for now. 

130623(20).JPG.c2ee05b068870dac6475ee11b100ca19.JPG

130623(21).JPG.5b041d31cef7e4c1b8ab8a7b5c958919.JPG

Gosh that layout is very cool.

have you done a cab ride camera video on it ?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Bucoops said:

My crew arrived today - the local DHL chap appears to be on a mission as he's always about an hour before the estimated delivery window.

Decoder due tomorrow so nearly time to get busy with Bob - assuming I can remember what I did with the speaker!

Maybe he doesn't believe in Summer Time and sticks to GMT 😀

• Funny 4

10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @billywhizz,

No, we are still powering though! Hope to be finished dispatch by Friday.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks @Accurascale Fran. I guess when I modified my original order (which meant cancelling and creating a new order) and having the initial W for both 1st name and surname means I am at the bottom of the dispatch list!!😂 trying to be patient while reading all the positive posts from those who have received theirs!!

Cheers. 
Bill. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

That did cross my mind!

Due between 11:30 and 12:30 today so we shall see!

And it's here at 10:50 😆 He just shrugged when I mentioned he's always early.

Edited by Bucoops
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, 97406 said:

The payment for Shapfell has just gone through at Rails of Sheffield

Looking good here as well. The payment for Loch Eil has been taken a few minutes ago. Who will win the race? the loco, the decoder or the speaker.... 🙂

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

Looking good here as well. The payment for Loch Eil has been taken a few minutes ago. Who will win the race? the loco, the decoder or the speaker.... 🙂

You're ahead of me on the Loch Eil front, perhaps they work backwards as Shapfell was a recent order for me after seeing the production samples, whereas I ordered Loch Eil a while back.

Spoke to TMC this morning about my 027 and they said they have had some of the Accurascale 37s in but they were coming through in small batches , was on ebay and Peters Spares had a sound fitted 027 listed so I just had to click buy it now so if they did physically have it in stock then it should be here by the weekend which means I'll have one to renumber/repaint/sell on when the one from TMC arrives