Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

1 hour ago, McC said:

Speaker retaining clips are on the way 

Will the speaker retaining clips be available to order on the website? I have 2x 37’s to fit Accurascale sound chips and speakers to. 
Cheers. 
Bill. 

• Agree 1

On 13/06/2023 at 18:47, mallaig1983 said:

It’s not all good mate. It’s shown up I have a dodgey point that they refuse to stay on the track for so the civil engineers will have to pay a visit.

Also it shows that my Prodigy Advanced won’t play any functions above F11. Fortunately F11 is the flange squeal which is superb. As others have noted there are lots of lovely little noises that play beyond the engine noise as you operate it. Heavy train mode is a roof slate rattler. I’m totally blown away with the quality of them. 
Sorry I’m gushing 😀

Hi

If it's the guagemaster prodigy you are referring too then you should be able to press shift - 2 then 0 (F20) etc, to go above F13. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 14/06/2023 at 07:44, adb968008 said:

Gosh that layout is very cool.

have you done a cab ride camera video on it ?

There are a few videos of the layout on Youtube under the young37215 user name

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Will the speaker retaining clips be available to order on the website? I have 2x 37’s to fit Accurascale sound chips and speakers to. 
Cheers. 
Bill. 

Hi Bill,

Yes indeed they will. When they arrive in a few weeks we will put them on the website and put the link here to let everybody know.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Of course the "proper" solution would be to buy sound fitted ones in the first place but sometimes either you need to spread the cost, or you change your mind and decide to go DCC sound later on so just having the ability to buy the decoder and speaker is most helpful :)

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Of course the "proper" solution would be to buy sound fitted ones in the first place but sometimes either you need to spread the cost, or you change your mind and decide to go DCC sound later on so just having the ability to buy the decoder and speaker is most helpful :)

DCC Sound 37027 is as rare as hens teeth for us down under. I cannot find anyone willing to send one overseas...

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

Its probably easier to go straight to sound if you're buying for immediate dispatch. If you're committing to a purchase many months in advance not being quite sure how prepared the wallet is when they come into stock, its not always easy to commit to full fat sound!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

When. I ordered 37043, DCC and sound was but a pipe dream. I have ordered the bits for this as Large Logo is probably my favourite livery on them so it is only right to give it the gift of sound. The remaining 37s will be non-sound (unless I change my mind that is!).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 97406 said:

When. I ordered 37043, DCC and sound was but a pipe dream. I have ordered the bits for this as Large Logo is probably my favourite livery on them so it is only right to give it the gift of sound. The remaining 37s will be non-sound (unless I change my mind that is!).

I've a feeling you're gonna be looking at getting some Accurathrash in your others before long :)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I've a feeling you're gonna be looking at getting some Accurathrash in your others before long :)

I tried sticking on in one of my 40s, but there is no room, alas. Another good reason for Accurascale to do a 40! 😄

I ended up going for a round speaker with fair bass, but not up to the ‘Thrash!

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I'm probably the only person on here who isn't happy about the delivery of their 37. Mine's been delivered and thrown over a 7 foot fence and I'm 270 miles away. I did hold the delivery and had confirmation that it would be held, but it's still been sent. Just hope it's not been damaged! 

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

I'm probably the only person on here who isn't happy about the delivery of their 37. Mine's been delivered and thrown over a 7 foot fence and I'm 270 miles away. I did hold the delivery and had confirmation that it would be held, but it's still been sent. Just hope it's not been damaged! 

The loco's fine but there's now a small crater in your garden 😄

• Funny 9

Just somehow found a slot for a pre-order of 409 and paid a despot at a model shop. Hopefully it sticks

Probably shouldn't have done with a manor on the way as well. But given that this particular loco is now semi-preserved with LSL it seemed a safe bet for a long future life (albeit probably in a different livery).

Just need to flog my two 2010-ish era Bachmann models now...

I presume the Scottie Dog logo shown in the livery samples on the AS website is an error/photoshop from the 37402 model?

I've love a Dog, but from what I can see its not prototypical.

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 2

Received my two Scottish 37's today. Just out of this world in terms of livery, detail and just about everything else. These are simply awesome and will be run in later this evening. Complimenting three i already have with a few more to come including the Heavy Yellow one!!! 😂😂

Accurascale have yet again, knocked these straight out of the park. My only regret is not getting loch Eil in DCC SOUND 

well done chaps. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I presume the Scottie Dog logo shown in the livery samples on the AS website is an error/photoshop from the 37402 model?

I've love a Dog, but from what I can see its not prototypical.

Correct, has been mentioned a few times above but (holy moly) we're on 202 pages!! Large logo final photos are being done at the moment - and my they look good, even if I say so myself! 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

No, surely the next after the class 37 would be a class 38 !

So if Accurascale build it, perhaps Network Rail will follow suit?

Class 38 was a contender as a new medium power locomotive in the 80s, but if I recall correctly they canned it in favour of a larger Class 60 fleet.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

No, surely the next after the class 37 would be a class 38 !

So if Accurascale build it, perhaps Network Rail will follow suit?

That's one hell of a coincidence! Earlier today I was reading through an old copy of Model Rail from December 2007 and there's an article on Class 37's with reference to the Class 38 project - when it was 'shelved indefinitely' it gave rise to Class 37/4's, 37/5's, 37/7's  and 37/9's being developed

4 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

That's one hell of a coincidence! Earlier today I was reading through an old copy of Model Rail from December 2007 and there's an article on Class 37's with reference to the Class 38 project - when it was 'shelved indefinitely' it gave rise to Class 37/4's, 37/5's, 37/7's  and 37/9's being developed

I don onder if we're due a class 38 a life extension re engine project like the 69s but with greater route availability.