Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

10 minutes ago, 97406 said:

They almost certainly will given my experience with the Deltics. It makes sense to hold a large stock of spare components given the number of small parts that can come adrift with handling.

Hope so , makes more locos 'doable' then

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I'm still waiting on an email from TMC to say my other one is on it's way , saying that I'm contemplating cancelling it seen as I couldn't wait and ordered the one I got yesterday from Peters Spares

I’ve got 026 and 043 on order directly from Accurascale. I did ask for the order to be split and the sound chips I ordered last month to be combined in the parcel with 026. 
027 is coming from Colletts in Devon, not expecting it to arrive until later next week. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 14/06/2023 at 19:38, Vecchio said:

The race is on. I got dispatch messages from Accurascale and Rails, so the decoder and the loco are on their way. What I didn't hear about is the speaker...

Finally I have it on my desk. The winner was Accurascale (the decoder arrived yesterday), Loco and speaker arrived at the same time (both brought by the postman today) 

I do like the little booklet that came with the loco. At a first look I could see that one of the buffers was in the box instead of on the loco, 

52978801113_0328b14e51_n.jpgIMG20230616114211 

while I am writing this the glue is setting. So not a big deal. 

The packaging is improvable, first of all the size of the box is enormous, second the plastic holding the loco is so tight in it's sleeve that it was hard to get the sleeve off. Well some scissors surgery will cure that. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

The packaging is improvable, first of all the size of the box is enormous, second the plastic holding the loco is so tight in it's sleeve that it was hard to get the sleeve off. Well some scissors surgery will cure that. 

On the first point I am one of those that love the big box. These locos are not cheap and the added protection afforded by those boxes is great. 

As for the second point, one of my Deltics was tight, the other two ok, my 37 is also ok. It is a problem I have also had with other manufacturers who package similarly. 

Roy

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

39 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I could have sworn mine worked with sound on

Mine certainly do , on my Z21 F2 is directional lighting on/off , F17 taillights off , F18 headlight off , F19 drivers desk , F20 cab light and F21 engine room lights 

Also I've noticed that the directional lighting/cab light dims when starting the sound and the cab light goes out when moving off

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

If it helps, the box size is both to standardise all locos from our range, and the result of many many hours of drop, ship and crush tests (bearing in mind our locos average twice the weight of those that have gone before) to ensure they can arrive with you safely. The packaging is 100% recyclable too, so the whole thing can happily go into your green bin or local recycling centre.

Edited by McC
  • Like 7

Had a wonderful time playing with operating my 37051 at the club last night. Very impressed with the flange squeal functionality. 

The Drive Lock feature was also very nice. Allowing me to set a speed then play with the engine thrash. Oddly, I couldn't find any mention of running in amungst the info sheets. However, I gave it 30mins in each direction to be sure.

I've had no issues with parts coming off of my model. Just need to work out if I'm fitting ploughs when I fit the buffer beam detail and do some weathering then it will be perfect. Part of me thinks I ought to fit crew tho.

I assume everyone will get emails about leaving reviews.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

Finally I have it on my desk. The winner was Accurascale (the decoder arrived yesterday), Loco and speaker arrived at the same time (both brought by the postman today) 

I do like the little booklet that came with the loco. At a first look I could see that one of the buffers was in the box instead of on the loco, 

52978801113_0328b14e51_n.jpgIMG20230616114211 

while I am writing this the glue is setting. So not a big deal. 

Tight sleeve is normally duen to the way the tray has had its flash trimmed off. Start with reducing the height of the tray before you mess around with sleeve itself

1 minute ago, LNERandBR said:

Had a wonderful time playing with operating my 37051 at the club last night. Very impressed with the flange squeal functionality. 

The Drive Lock feature was also very nice. Allowing me to set a speed then play with the engine thrash. Oddly, I couldn't find any mention of running in amungst the info sheets. However, I gave it 30mins in each direction to be sure.

I've had no issues with parts coming off of my model. Just need to work out if I'm fitting ploughs when I fit the buffer beam detail and do some weathering then it will be perfect. Part of me thinks I ought to fit crew tho.

I assume everyone will get emails about leaving reviews.

If you see my pics on the previous page you'll see I have fitted crews (at both ends) and i's definitely worth doing , I now need to order some more for the next loco arriving

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the quick reply McC. Problem is the average house size in the UK. But never mind, the box is very nice

Actual situation in Vecchio's loco cabinet... 

52978422776_d969dbe777_z.jpgIMG20230616124841

52978792070_aeb9d69007_z.jpgIMG20230616124849 

Well - not all my continental stuff fits that easy - some boxes are too long for the cabinet. Also I own a Hattons 66, which also had to find a different storage location... 

Jokes aside, my own fault. Too many locos. The running number of this one in my database is 81... 

What I am missing more is a CV list for the loksound 5 decoder. Normally this should come with the decoder, but wasn't in the box. Could anybody be so kind and send me an electronic copy? 

Well I know sound on is F1, a horn is normally F3, Headlights F0, but as a proud owner of a Z21 I would like to know all of them (without trial and error games.... ) 

Thanks

Vecchio

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Tight sleeve is normally duen to the way the tray has had its flash trimmed off. Start with reducing the height of the tray before you mess around with sleeve itself

All done. Just cut 2mm of the tray, fits very well now. 

Thanks anyway

17 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

Thanks for the quick reply McC. Problem is the average house size in the UK. But never mind, the box is very nice

Actual situation in Vecchio's loco cabinet... 

52978422776_d969dbe777_z.jpgIMG20230616124841

52978792070_aeb9d69007_z.jpgIMG20230616124849 

Well - not all my continental stuff fits that easy - some boxes are too long for the cabinet. Also I own a Hattons 66, which also had to find a different storage location... 

Jokes aside, my own fault. Too many locos. The running number of this one in my database is 81... 

What I am missing more is a CV list for the loksound 5 decoder. Normally this should come with the decoder, but wasn't in the box. Could anybody be so kind and send me an electronic copy? 

Well I know sound on is F1, a horn is normally F3, Headlights F0, but as a proud owner of a Z21 I would like to know all of them (without trial and error games.... ) 

Thanks

Vecchio

Try here

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0019/3957/0801/files/IMG_0214.png?v=1681920625

And here

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0019/3957/0801/files/IMG_0215.png?v=1681920633

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

Thanks

Vecchio

Assuming it's one of ours, its in the loco manual under the DCC functions chart,

31 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

Just make sure you have the latest firmware otherwise you won't be able to apply any functions above F28 :)

So ‘Loch Ell’ was dropped off by the postie curtesy of Rails of Sheffield. I saw the warning for the running switches and thought I’d just make sure, popped off the roof and…

IMG_1159.jpeg.d8d77044bc61eaf2bfe2c97096e1c464.jpeg

Have I been sent a sound version by accident, or do I just not know what a blanking plate looks like? 

6 minutes ago, scots region said:

So ‘Loch Ell’ was dropped off by the postie curtesy of Rails of Sheffield. I saw the warning for the running switches and thought I’d just make sure, popped off the roof and…

Have I been sent a sound version by accident, or do I just not know what a blanking plate looks like? 

that deffo looks like a LS5 decoder. Plus the none sound dont have the big speaker fitted

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Eddie the dog said:

Looks like sound alright, Shhh ! 😂

The end of the Box, should have a Sound ICON and the SKU will end in DCC if it's sound fitted (which it is from your photo!)

1 minute ago, meatloaf said:

Yes thats what im saying i think you have a sound fitted version but the decoder has arrived loose for some reason.

Sorry, I misread your initial response, it wasn’t loose it was fully fitted, I took it off to get at the switches, when I saw there was no blanking plate, things went click. Weirdly, I don’t think this is a stuff up by Rails, there’s nothing on the itself to say that it’s sound fitted. I think someone at the factory genuinely put the wrong model in the wrong box. 

4 minutes ago, McC said:

The end of the Box, should have a Sound ICON and the SKU will end in DCC if it's sound fitted (which it is from your photo!)

IMG_1160.jpeg.3137ae98cca2c4b9b292de5379b94455.jpeg

This is all that’s on the end, nothing obvious to me. Also, my order at Rails was very much a last minute affair. So it’s not crossed wires as far as I know. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

24 minutes ago, scots region said:

I would say you have received a sound fitted one

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, scots region said:

Bonus!

• Like 4