Class 37, by Accurascale

12 hours ago, Alan Oliver said:

Help, my sound fitted 37051 doesn’t make sound, the motor works the lights work but when I tried to start it I got a second of startup then it cut out and nothing since, all I get is a crackling sound I have reset cv8 a few times and it makes no difference, I have asked Accurascale but all they could suggest is reset cv8. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reset CV63 (the volume setting) to 160 and all should be OK. I had the same problem with my first Accurascale 37.

On 16/04/2023 at 10:21, TomScrut said:

Quick question, has anyone noticed a tapping sound when the loco is running? One of mine does and it sounds exactly as my 55 did with a blob of glue on one wheel. The issue is I can't see or feel any glue! Just wondering if anyone has encountered similar. Thought I'd ask on here as I am away during the week when I could email AS's support but I might not see the reply.

Did you resolve this issue? I had the same problem with one of mine that arrived recently , been running them on code 75 bullhead and one of the sandpipes had come loose and was catching on the rail chairs

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, mallaig1983 said:

Sorry if this is a silly question Bill but have you run it round a curve with F11 actioned? It won’t work on the straight, rolling road etc.

Yep! And it's a Prodigy Advance 2.

Bill 

13 hours ago, mallaig1983 said:

It’s switch on the prodigy advance. That’s what I use. Which leads to another question for Bill and apologies again if it’s a daft one but you’re not using the Prodigy Express are you?  If it’s a Prodigy advanced does ‘F11’  display on the screen and stay on the screen?

No! Advance.

4 hours ago, mallaig1983 said:

Perhaps an email to Accurascale support then. I’m sure they’ll point you in the right direction.

I did contact them and they said send a short video. I have for the last 2 hours been trying to do so and each time I try to send it , tells me the file is too large and won't send.

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Dunmar said:

I did contact them and they said send a short video. I have for the last 2 hours been trying to do so and each time I try to send it , tells me the file is too large and won't send.

That'll likely be a limitation of your email provider.  Upload the video to a suitable website and send AS a link?

Steve

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Dunmar said:

That won't be Accurascale's fault, it will be down to your email provider.

As someone who works in IT support, my recommendation would be to upload to somewhere like Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive or similar then share it via a link.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Dunmar said:

If email is struggling try an alternative to reach the help desk…

Live Chat - click on the Chat button in the website 

Facebook Messenger - Click Here

Instagram DMs - Click Here

SMS Messages - +447893947172

The Live chat etc all support video upload 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sulzer71 said:

Just remember it's not just the rivets , the strapping needs to go to for a welded roof

Smooth roof 😊 now realising I will have to do the same with 324 (099) least it is within the removable roof section.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sulzer71 said:

Did you resolve this issue? I had the same problem with one of mine that arrived recently , been running them on code 75 bullhead and one of the sandpipes had come loose and was catching on the rail chairs

Yes one of my sand pipes is click, click, click on the sleepers.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

53 minutes ago, Melton Works said:

Yes one of my sand pipes is click, click, click on the sleepers.

I had that too. I just shaped it back up where it was supposed to sit.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, LNERandBR said:

That won't be Accurascale's fault, it will be down to your email provider.

As someone who works in IT support, my recommendation would be to upload to somewhere like Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive or similar then share it via a link.

Good suggestions. 😎

Other methods I have used include a Dropbox share (I only use the free version of Dropbox so there are file size limits there too, but still much larger than allowed in emails).

The other method I use is to upload to YouTube, and if necessary, set it to a private video so only those who have the link can see it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Dunmar said:

I downloaded WeTransfer to send a video to Accurascale support, to Simon, with a Deltic sound issue.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wirey33 said:

@Melton Works

Could you post a picture of the nose doors? I'm thinking about a welded doors conversion and a photo of both sides would be very useful.

Thanks

Your research on 37 roofs is immense! I totally overlooked that. Usually I will look for things like cast/fabricated bogies, bodyside windows/footsteps, tanks etc, unfortunately that was a "before" pic since refitting the doors. I had to repaint the whole yellow ends, as when filling the car headlight recess with milliput and repainting the doors, the yellow wasnt a perfect match. Should be able to sand the doors flat, or neatly cut plasticard into the door recesses, but will need painting whatever way. With flush front, I would just glue In thin plasticard in the door recesses and fill with milliput. 

All the best

Kev

Good morning all

I currently have 3 class 37s from Accurascale, one of which was factory fitted sound and for the other two I purchased sound decoders and Accurathrash speakers from Accurascale.

on running the locomotives I notice the volume on both the self fitted sound decoders and speakers are not as loud as the factory fitted one. I have checked CV 63 and both match the level set on factory fitted as 192.

Has anyone else noticed this difference and if so, have you managed to sort out the difference?

John

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Good morning all

I currently have 3 class 37s from Accurascale, one of which was factory fitted sound and for the other two I purchased sound decoders and Accurathrash speakers from Accurascale.

on running the locomotives I notice the volume on both the self fitted sound decoders and speakers are not as loud as the factory fitted one. I have checked CV 63 and both match the level set on factory fitted as 192.

Has anyone else noticed this difference and if so, have you managed to sort out the difference?

John

It might be worth checking the volume default values for sound slots 1/31/32.

You will find those on the DCC functions card on the line for F1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

It might be worth checking the volume default values for sound slots 1/31/32.

You will find those on the DCC functions card on the line for F1

Also ensure the accurathrash is securely held in place. Any looseness will absorb the sound. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, McC said:

Also ensure the accurathrash is securely held in place. Any looseness will absorb the sound. 

This quote could be used for so many other things...

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 8

1 hour ago, McC said:

As I had to buy the non sound version and retro fit too, could you explain or show a photo of how the speaker is secured on the sound fitted version? 

23 minutes ago, Lady_Farkham said:

As I had to buy the non sound version and retro fit too, could you explain or show a photo of how the speaker is secured on the sound fitted version? 

It has 2 white clips that sit over either end of the speaker and hook into the holes in the circuit board designed for the clips , Accurascale have said these will be available soon although I have removed mine and stuck the speaker down with black tack to get rid of the rattling/vibration I had 

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
On 29/06/2023 at 00:32, Melton Works said:

That is the thing, these Accurascale models have nothing generic about them. They are all unique. Yes I have to lose some roof rivets on the 109 I converted, but no issue if you dont mind the extra work. Reworked Alycidon into 2012 RSG and the amount of work involved, quarter light windows, position of ETH socket and a can of silver paint didnt sort. Anyway, awaiting x2 402 locos, missed out on 409 so easy conversion there, however the conversation to 424 needing alot of work, adding bodyside window, losing a lamp bracket, oval buffers at one end, square at other etc...

20230616_230746.jpg

20230616_230420.jpg

Nice Caroline behind there, is that a Revolution one ?