Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Hammer1988 said:

I have had mine on pre order also from kms 409 dcc sound so im guessing it will be the same outcome for me then ill have to ring them on Monday i think most places would be sold out now real shame after pre ordering for so long. 

There was a 409 on RM Classified for £170 yesterday - not sure if its still available but worth a look

• Like 1

We have both in stock

i think 3 x 043s and 2 x 409s DCC ready, and 2x 043 with sound remain.

by phone or in-person please

they aren’t online

we also still have 2 in Railfreight Distribution and one in Metals - DCC ready (those are on our website)

Edited by Trains4U
  • Like 4

Holly moly the 37402s they just released on the website sold fast!!! Was 8 mins late reading the email as was busy weathering 409. Dashed for my card (as much as you can in a leg brace!) And there were 6 left, by the time I'd entered the details and paid they were sold out again 🫣

Edited by Markn

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, bazil31 said:

Just got one as well

looks like they have sold out now.

Stock was just synced up which did result in a small number of sales. No further stock will be released for a few more days to ensure any late retail orders have reached their respective shops first. After that there may be some additional stock available (but a quite small number, given demand for these) Hope that helps!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks McC. Can you confirm when Durham Trains will be sent theirs ? They paid you on invoice and customers including me had paid them in full. As of CoB yesterday, they were still waiting for any information as to what's happened to their order

Got my 37043 yesterday. I used to watch the real thing go past my primary school on a 1 in 58 gradient. Accurascale have done a phenomenal job of this. The detail is superb it looks amazing. And despite that they have managed to keep the prices reasonable. I absolutely love it. Even if the lads from Accurascale are slowly bankrupting me. Can't wait for the class 50s and class 89s. 

Hopefully they will have a shot at the class 08s at some point in the future......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Alas my 37402 is probably having to go back (awaiting word from support).

Seems to have developed a hatred for the bemf on its Loksound decoder and surging on curves as if the motor compensation is overcompsenating 😞

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, tlm said:

Thanks McC. Can you confirm when Durham Trains will be sent theirs ? They paid you on invoice and customers including me had paid them in full. As of CoB yesterday, they were still waiting for any information as to what's happened to their order

Hi @tlm,

I can confirm that we have been in touch with Durham Trains of Stanley they will be receiving their order. This has been confirmed with them. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kaput said:

Alas my 37402 is probably having to go back (awaiting word from support).

Seems to have developed a hatred for the bemf on its Loksound decoder and surging on curves as if the motor compensation is overcompsenating 😞

I do hope the guys at Accurascale are keeping some 37402s behind as unfortunately mine went back last week for exchange.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, amarr40 said:

I do hope the guys at Accurascale are keeping some 37402s behind as unfortunately mine went back last week for exchange.

As we’ve often stated , we keep warranty cover and spare parts for everything we sell. If you bought direct just use our completely free returns process if through a shop they can sort you with a replacement  

• Round of applause 2

On 29/07/2023 at 09:23, zoomer1979 said:

I'll be controversial and say, I'm disappointed with the sound file for the unrefurbished 37. Multiple horn versions instead of just two slots that are playable is just wasteful. And the horn samples are rubbish, a real squeaker, not the normal 37 horns I'm used to. The real tragedy is no wheel slip effect, a key part of the 37s soundscape and something that other chips for 37s have in abundance. I've tried to use the throttle in a way to replicate wheel slip but the delay between shut off and power up is too long and unrealistic. The rail joint noise is another waste as it only works visually for a certain speed. Another missing sound is the distinctive compressors that you hear in the nose ends, it may be there in the randomised sounds, but I would of liked it to be selectable. Not nearly enough spirax valve noise either, it would be good to be able to select and leave it on for a long time as it's sitting between duties.

Am I being too picky? I wanted the sounds to match the attention to detail of the model?

The model itself I cannot fault. Best 37 produced hands down.

Neil.

Further to this, today I visited my Dad who decided to download the free ESU Class 37 sounds. Unbelievably they have sounds a plenty that some would argue should have been on these unrefurbished Accurascale chips. Things I would of liked that appear on the ESU suite include selectable compressor and spirax valves. And most interestingly a sound for the steam heating boiler! Surely we should have had that instead of some rail joints and multiple different horns?

Needless to say with two Accurascale sound fitted 37 and a Bachmann with the ESU files it was a very noisy afternoon today!

Neil.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I guess this is a question for @Accurascale Fran or @McC, I see on your site you have BR Era crew figure sets for the Class 37's that appear to be sold out. Do you have any idea when they will be restocked? While I wait on my 37043 winging its way across the Atlantic from Rails, I would like to get the Crew Set for it. I have family visiting the UK at months end and that's the type of item that makes more sense to ship to pickup in the UK than across the Atlantic at postal/package rates.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen Gardiner

Toronto, ON

Well, after waiting for four days refreshing the computer and my iphone and nothing being announced on Stephen Middlemore DCC Sound, I gave up. Only to find that the only day (Saturday) that i had given up, they became available for a few minutes. I must admit i was angry but then balanced this against the fact that i had the opportunity to secure one of these several months ago......and i didnt.......my fault. 

To all those who secured one on the eight minute slot, well done guys. 👍

i am a little disappointed that we were told they would be available last Monday and Tuesday but this never materialised so two wasted days sat by the computer and another two days wasted after that hoping that they were just a little late.......to no avail. Four days sat like a leper🤣!

the moral of the story......

1. if you see an accurascale exclusive and you have any doubt about buying it.....BUY IT!

2. dont waste time on refreshing computers because someone will beat you to it. 🤣🤣

3. the 'Notify me' is a waste of time as i never received anything at all. 

its not a moan, albeit it may seem so but ive now ordered the 66 exclusives Evening Star and Prostate Cancer 37. 

i AM NOT missing out ever again. 

🙏🙏. 🤣🤣🤣

happy to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Research Dept Accurascale if i can have one 😃😃👍👍👍🤣🤣

Edited by Krieghoff
Rypos
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, sjgardiner said:

I guess this is a question for @Accurascale Fran or @McC, I see on your site you have BR Era crew figure sets for the Class 37's that appear to be sold out. Do you have any idea when they will be restocked? While I wait on my 37043 winging its way across the Atlantic from Rails, I would like to get the Crew Set for it. I have family visiting the UK at months end and that's the type of item that makes more sense to ship to pickup in the UK than across the Atlantic at postal/package rates.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen Gardiner

Toronto, ON

Hi Stephen,

More crews are currently being produced and will be in stock in a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Butler Henderson said:

After a week one footstep kick plate has fallen off, found and reglued and three of the four bogie chains have broken☹️

Hi @Butler Henderson,

Very sorry to hear that. Please reach out to our warranty team support@accurascale.co.uk and they will assist you. Please note that the chains are friction fit if they simply need to be reattached, if it’s more than that the support team will assist you. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Well, after waiting for four days refreshing the computer and my iphone and nothing being announced on Stephen Middlemore DCC Sound, I gave up. Only to find that the only day (Saturday) that i had given up, they became available for a few minutes. I must admit i was angry but then balanced this against the fact that i had the opportunity to secure one of these several months ago......and i didnt.......my fault. 

To all those who secured one on the eight minute slot, well done guys. 👍

i am a little disappointed that we were told they would be available last Monday and Tuesday but this never materialised so two wasted days sat by the computer and another two days wasted after that hoping that they were just a little late.......to no avail. Four days sat like a leper🤣!

the moral of the story......

1. if you see an accurascale exclusive and you have any doubt about buying it.....BUY IT!

2. dont waste time on refreshing computers because someone will beat you to it. 🤣🤣

3. the 'Notify me' is a waste of time as i never received anything at all. 

its not a moan, albeit it may seem so but ive now ordered the 66 exclusives Evening Star and Prostate Cancer 37. 

i AM NOT missing out ever again. 

🙏🙏. 🤣🤣🤣

happy to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Research Dept Accurascale if i can have one 😃😃👍👍👍🤣🤣

There have been a few times over the last week where I have seen a few of the 37s back in stock - in very small numbers. Couldn't tell you off-hand if it was the one you were looking for, or on those days.

I think the Accurascale guys have said the notify emails are sent out in order of signing up for them, and in batches - so if the stock all goes no more are sent, but if there is still some, the next batch are sent. It's how I got my Concrete Bob so I know they work.

But you are absolutely right - the best time to buy is when the item is announced - make use of the spread payments if need be.

I had a sudden desire to pick up one of the Revolution Carolines and whilst I've now found (with help from RMWeb) one, there's no guarantee it will materialise. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Butler Henderson,

Very sorry to hear that. Please reach out to our warranty team support@accurascale.co.uk and they will assist you. Please note that the chains are friction fit if they simply need to be reattached, if it’s more than that the support team will assist you. 

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran - looking at it afresh its only one that is broken immedaitely after the fixed link - will contatct the warrenty team

Edited by Butler Henderson