Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
On 05/06/2023 at 11:29, PaulRhB said:

One slightly odd thing is I received this notification just over a week ago saying they’d take payment soon. Today I logged in and still it said due to ship in 1 day but payment not taken. So I logged into the main site to ask what it was waiting for and that gave me an option to manually pay now, so I did. 

There was nothing in the email or the link from it that prompted you for the need of authorising the payment. You might have others say waiting for your system to auto collect too. @McC @Accurascale Fran

IMG_4761.jpeg.5b5fa4f143bf787f0843aa730f9e48f1.jpeg

I had the same issue with my order for D6703. I had an e-mail from Accurascale in mid-Sept saying I would be charged the balance within 72 hours, but nothing happened.  Seeing the recent messages here on RM Web I contacted Accurascale this morning and was told I had to make the payment myself.  So 1/10 for an incorrect message in September and 10/10 for quickly sorting out the situation this (Sunday) morning.

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, MikeB said:

I had the same issue with my order for D6703. I had an e-mail from Accurascale in mid-Sept saying I would be charged the balance within 72 hours, but nothing happened.  Seeing the recent messages here on RM Web I contacted Accurascale this morning and was told I had to make the payment myself.  So 1/10 for an incorrect message in September and 10/10 for quickly sorting out the situation this (Sunday) morning.

You ‘should’ have received a follow up mail once the system failed to complete your payment and asking you to authenticate it (which may have ended up in your spam) so apologies about that. You can ‘whitelist’ %@accurascale.com which can help ensure nothing gets missed. 

• Informative/Useful 1

51 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Yes they are. I glued mine back on one end as detached on arrival. Easy fix, but it is best to have the body off to glue on the inside. Having said that, the body removal is relatively simple.

I wasn't referring to the ease of fit. 

The edge of the door moulding is radiused (for manufacturing reasons) and I expect the adjacent body edge is also radiused, for the same reason. Consequently, the gap between door and body looks huge.

I think doors moulded as part of the body, with a feature line, would have been better.  

• Like 1

As mentioned earlier, two further class 37/6 models arrived on my doorstep on the day my wife and I left for Brisbane. Five weeks later, with over 4600 km clocked up on the car's odometer. we're back. After unloading and unpacking, I was able to sit down and fit both locos with LokSound decoders.

DRS 37 609 now has Jamie Goodman sound and an Accurathrash speaker fitted, while ROG/EuroPhoenix 37 608 has ESU HiFi sound fitted, but as yet no speaker. there are lighting and function anomalies with the ESU sound file, and last time I tried this sound file in an Accurascale class 37, I found the lights worked more correctly if I switched the dip switches to the non-ESU settings.

I will be trying out a different speaker combination in 37 608, but that will require a bit of soldering, and I had no intention of doing that today.

I have grabbed a couple of photos of the new pair, though, with 37 609 posed with 37 602 on a short nuclear waste train, and 37 608 posed on the programming track.

20231112_201822.jpg.fa1d087484c4c3711f29c45cb27eaf2c.jpg

20231112_201828.jpg.75b1590d6de8f63593ca080f5bf5afd7.jpg

20231112_203205.jpg.a92834d1a342221e4039bf7494ac34dd.jpg

20231112_203250.jpg.ce9157d4d9f54ad19d8193d26270d485.jpg

• Like 8

Got my green one yesterday. Popped a temp decoder in it ( Dapol imperium 1 ) whilst i wait for the proper accurascale one that ive ordered. 

Runs fine but upon powering off the layout ( plug out from mains ) the loco shoots off and travels about 2ft. Im guessing this is just the stay alive discharging?

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, meatloaf said:

Got my green one yesterday. Popped a temp decoder in it ( Dapol imperium 1 ) whilst i wait for the proper accurascale one that ive ordered. 

Runs fine but upon powering off the layout ( plug out from mains ) the loco shoots off and travels about 2ft. Im guessing this is just the stay alive discharging?

The only thing that would set the loco off is a DCC instruction to move or a power spike that the decoder misinterpreted as such. Might be best to power off the controller or remove the loco from the track rather  than pull the mains. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

32 minutes ago, McC said:

The only thing that would set the loco off is a DCC instruction to move or a power spike that the decoder misinterpreted as such. Might be best to power off the controller or remove the loco from the track rather  than pull the mains. 

Its a prodigy dcc01 so it dosent really have an off switch so it has to be unplugged. I'll park it in a siding so its isolated.

Hopefully the proper decoder arrives next week so i can get that fitted. Then hopefully the retailler i had it from has a customer that wants the blue one he has in but dosent want the sound in it. As i originally wanted a sound version the retaillers asked if id like the sound chip and speaker out of the blue one so he can sell it as dcc ready to his other customer.

2 hours ago, 45125 said:

Those horn grills are green and the buffers heads should be light grey not silver. but  its your model.

Prototypically the buffer heads are polished metal (not black as modelled). Once weathered they will look fine.

The horn grilles are not green. Aside from the fact a difference in colour can be observed under scrutiny, countless period photos support the fact that as built, and in the early days (this model being circa 1963) they were brass. Further proof can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/david_christie/5427224989

- James

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, McC said:

You ‘should’ have received a follow up mail once the system failed to complete your payment and asking you to authenticate it (which may have ended up in your spam) so apologies about that. You can ‘whitelist’ %@accurascale.com which can help ensure nothing gets missed. 

I DID receive  both as McC mentions and just Authenticated as requested, but I then went on and paid it off anyway, just in case ! 😁 ( didn't  want to inadvertently  miss out 🙀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SRman said:

DRS 37 609 now has Jamie Goodman sound and an Accurathrash speaker fitted, while ROG/EuroPhoenix 37 608 has ESU HiFi sound fitted, but as yet no speaker. there are lighting and function anomalies with the ESU sound file, and last time I tried this sound file in an Accurascale class 37, I found the lights worked more correctly if I switched the dip switches to the non-ESU settings.

I would expect that.

A generic sound file could well have been compiled before a model is available & in the case of a 37, you could choose to fit it to an Accurascale, Hornby, ViTrains or Bachmann one.

These have different lighting options. Using Bachmann's as an example, it has gone from having front lighting only to front & rear together, then separately operated front & rear, then with an extra high intensity light, then with extra lighting like cab & engine room. These are too new to be standardised so manufacturers will have gone about enabling them in different ways, especially when they are both working on them separately & concurrently. The project will need to work differently to enable them, which is why the DIP switches are there.

• Like 3

Is there any way if obtaining spare multiple working cables? I've just spent over an hour trying to fit one to the No.1 end of D6703 and have successfully snapped both of them. It seems they are inherently the wrong shape (why is the pipe molded in such a way that the bufferbeam end is further away than the bodyside end, when on the loco the bufferbeam sits further back?) 

- James

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Jammy2305 said:

Is there any way if obtaining spare multiple working cables? I've just spent over an hour trying to fit one to the No.1 end of D6703 and have successfully snapped both of them. It seems they are inherently the wrong shape (why is the pipe molded in such a way that the bufferbeam end is further away than the bodyside end, when on the loco the bufferbeam sits further back?) 

- James

Out of all of the bufferbeam detailing pieces, this is the one I have struggled with each time.  I've found it slightly easier to attach to the bufferbeam first; then bend, flex, swear and repeat until I get it to seat in the body.  I agree, it is simply the wrong shape.

Steve

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Visually I’m struck by how similar the Bachmann and AS versions are - even down to the same headcode on the No1 end!  Both brilliant models imho.

Similar but prototypically different as well - not like the old days of one size fits all and with both being of such high quality your choice of models is nicely expanded.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2