Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, meanach said:

Time to chime in with the original 37/4s , 1980s style , Dogs & stags… stuck record? , yes ! 

Yes, and the 37/5s and 37/7s from that time, especially the ex-split box ones in original and red stripe Railfreight. It was an interesting time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

If we're wish listing 37s we want from Accurascale, then I'll join in.

EWS 

EW&S

Intercity swallow pair for the highland sleepers

EPS 37/6 pair (as converted before they went to DRS). 

Railfreight triple grey - petroleum markings

Although if Accurascale make all those that's a lot of money they'll be taking off me. 

The EPS 37/6 is a variant never to appear before… yes they never really saw their intended use but ran around the network a bit in this state including up the West Highland Line on hire to Freightliner!!  

• Like 3

My final Accurascale 37 arrived today. This is a sound-fitted D6704 and the photo is as it came out of the box. I did a quick test on the programming track and changed the address, but nothing else ... yet. 

20231213_163847.jpg.4561db983f3842bf73881c29fec89e97.jpg

I posed all of my class 37s on Newton Broadway: there are 10 altogether, of which six are Accurascale models. DRS 37 423, 37 602 and 37 609 are on the left, Europhoenix/ROG 37 608 in the foreground in the siding, Railfreight Distribution 37 026 is on the right in the other triple formation, and D6704 is on the lower level on the programming track.

The remaining ones are three Bachmann and one ViTrains: Bachmann 37 693 in Railfreight grey, 37 698 in Railfreight Minerals livery, and 37 038 in engineer's Dutch livery at the back, while ViTrains BR large logo blue 37 428 is in the foreground in the siding with the ROG/Europhoenix example.

They represent several different eras and will not normally be on the layout all at the same time! 😁

20231213_123118.jpg.c633a0c5d8ef6d4f229675a194bdb238.jpg

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Everyones had Loch Rannoch…

it was the 37/4 that never changed its spots… Large Logo until August 1998… Angry Bob was on its way to a third livery since l/l by then.

Then there's always this Loch Rannoch (flickr pic)

image.png.b3f34cf3c7e3af47bce4b887ac2cf493.png

I could be tempted to do West Highland layout just as the Lochs were named along with the likes of 37111/112.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, newbryford said:

I could be tempted to do West Highland layout just as the Lochs were named along with the likes of 37111/112.

nooooo you want 37408 large logo with the scotty dog lol,  i remember it all the time as a kid with 5 coaches,  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newbryford said:

111/112 “more yellow” livery Mick? I wouldn’t have thought it would be enough yellow for you? I’d like to see a WHL layout to your standards. Most I’ve seen are based around the stations but I think something based on part of horseshoe curve with steep and dramatic landscape around the track would be special albeit limited operationally. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matt said:

111/112 “more yellow” livery Mick? I wouldn’t have thought it would be enough yellow for you? I’d like to see a WHL layout to your standards. Most I’ve seen are based around the stations but I think something based on part of horseshoe curve with steep and dramatic landscape around the track would be special albeit limited operationally. 

Probably worth you checking the WHL4 thread on here then.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

hi all,

has any one had any issue with their 37 slowing down like the track or some one has hold of it then zooms off?

i cleaned the wheels and track  but it still wants to stick at different places,  decoder is getting warm    

Yep - there's been a thread before that was closed - is your's a DCC ready one or a DCC Sound, and what controller are you using out of interest?

Edited by adamvb
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 10/12/2023 at 11:19, The Stationmaster said:

How on earth does a factory produce an intricate livery like that in 4mm scale?  The subtle transfer between shades of blue (ir shades of anything) is - so I heard from one manufacturer (not A/S) - one of the most difficult things to achieve to a high standard.  Maybe someone should be offering 4mm scale 'vinyls' to copy 12":1' scale vinyls?

They did the DRS 37609 just fine - and i’d argue thats a harder livery in terms of colour reproduction.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Awes0mesauce said:

They did the DRS 37609 just fine - and i’d argue thats a harder livery in terms of colour reproduction.

Hi @Awes0mesauce,

The livery on 609 took two attempts to get right and was indeed the most tricky of the lot to do. We're very proud of that one, as was the factory!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Meerkat said:

i had 97301 back for 2nd time but when lifig it out of the box the chain and bit black plastic hanging off,  im not blaming Accurascale just want to know were it goes to glue it back on 

Hi @Meerkat,

The chain on the 37 is made to be push fit to go back into the chassis, so just look at the other end for guidance and replicate it on the side where it has come out.

Regarding your running issue, just drop us an email via support@accurascale.com and we will sort you out.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Meerkat,

The chain on the 37 is made to be push fit to go back into the chassis, so just look at the other end for guidance and replicate it on the side where it has come out.

Regarding your running issue, just drop us an email via support@accurascale.com and we will sort you out.

Cheers!

Fran 

hi Fran thank you for the tip on the chains,

regarding rog 37 i had returns label as  the AS team want to have a look at it on their programmer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

if all else fails there’s a member on here who has the replacement motors to a differing spec…

I have used this member to replace the motors in two of my Accurascale class 37s and now they run perfectly, no slowing down or speeding up.

They are now a pleasure to run.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 minutes ago, Geordielad said:

I have used this member to replace the motors in two of my Accurascale class 37s and now they run perfectly, no slowing down or speeding up.

They are now a pleasure to run.

luckily I’ve not had one die yet… but I know a colleague who has… so he’s got me some motors in stock ready for when mine fail👍

31 minutes ago, SulzerPeak said:

Should motors be expected to fail?

I certainly shouldn't have thought so in the time that Accurascale locos have been around for. There is always a chance of a dodgy or faulty motor, but the number of those should be pretty low

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

luckily I’ve not had one die yet… but I know a colleague who has… so he’s got me some motors in stock ready for when mine fail👍

Out of interest why was this not directed to Accurascale Support? Surely thats a warranty issue which they will address?

apart from the expense saved on replacing a motor under warranty for your colleague, they are kind of doing other fellow modellers a bit of a dis-service too - why? Well, you stop Accurascale from fully understanding their failure rates, which in turn means they cannot look to better their product.

Judge a company not by said mistakes, but how they deal with them and improve moving forwards.

if there is a motor problem, i’d rather find out before its used in more of their products as a customer. I can also assure you, from a cost perspective and brand reputation basis, that Accurascale do too.

Edited by Awes0mesauce
  • Like 4
  • Agree 4