Class 37, by Accurascale

5 hours ago, 55020 said:

F22 and F23 do not do anything on the D6704, or any of the other models from the same batch.  As the name suggests, they only work with the WIPAC fitted models e.g. 37216, 37423 and the 37/6s.

However F17 to F21 obviously should work.

@Smudge617 The AS decoder will discount my initial thoughts, which were he'd fitted a generic Loksound 5 and not mapped the AUX functions.

I had the same thought, but it's a factory-fitted sound decoder, I'm wondering if one of the switches under the decoder is in the wrong position, not that it helps me, I don't have the switch card for D6704 but I'm assuming (wrongly, probably) that the switches should be set the same as my 37409 I've asked him to remove the decoder and send me a photo.

On 21/12/2023 at 19:20, GordonC said:

With the way TMC is discounting DMUs and EMUs to 40-50% at the moment and they're still in stock with more than 10 after several weeks, does it not make you wonder how viable some of the less common liveries or niche types are in model form?

The key is anticipating the right quantity. A hundred either way can mean the difference between sell-out and sale price with models made to such specific variations

• Like 2

On 27/12/2023 at 17:10, andyman7 said:

The key is anticipating the right quantity. A hundred either way can mean the difference between sell-out and sale price with models made to such specific variations

I can see what you mean, but I think there's a big difference between more 'normal' sales levels of perhaps 20-30% and 30-50% that we've been seeing. Of course it could be retailer's trying to clear space and shift stock, but quite a few of the models aren't that long released so perhaps earlier in the year rather than sitting on shelves for a while.

I think that indicates a more fundamental problem of products missing their target rather than just quantities misjudged and will probably see an effect in less similar models being produced in future.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I just think the cost of living is taking hold of a lot of things,not so long ago everything was sold out in a few days at times,on a brighter note and its got lots of 37,s in heres a great video ive been watching on you tube,give the guy a like.

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello folks,

I have what I suspect is a really obvious question about D6704 but as I can't find it in the previous 300-odd pages, I'm going to ask anyway: I bought a DCC ready version of this loco and fitted a Dapol Imperium 3 decoder. Should I expect the various lighting functions to be on the same function keys as the chart that comes with the loco, which is for the sound version? The reason I ask is that I can only get the head codes and tail lights to work. I can't get the cab lights to work nor any of the other lighting modes. However, I'm not sure whether it's an incompatible decoder, a fault or I'm just using the wrong instructions!

As an aside, this decoder isn't a particularly good fit, being slightly wider than the space between the various connectors on the PCB. Whilst the loco works ok, lighting possibly excepted, I'm not overly keen on this arrangement and so the question then becomes, is there a better decoder for the space? I'm not looking for sound.

D6704Decoder.jpg.ce907a63ced96d27c366b51e4407c111.jpg

Anyway, any advice gratefully received.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, BluenGreyAnorak said:

Hello folks,

I have what I suspect is a really obvious question about D6704 but as I can't find it in the previous 300-odd pages, I'm going to ask anyway: I bought a DCC ready version of this loco and fitted a Dapol Imperium 3 decoder. Should I expect the various lighting functions to be on the same function keys as the chart that comes with the loco, which is for the sound version? The reason I ask is that I can only get the head codes and tail lights to work. I can't get the cab lights to work nor any of the other lighting modes. However, I'm not sure whether it's an incompatible decoder, a fault or I'm just using the wrong instructions!

As an aside, this decoder isn't a particularly good fit, being slightly wider than the space between the various connectors on the PCB. Whilst the loco works ok, lighting possibly excepted, I'm not overly keen on this arrangement and so the question then becomes, is there a better decoder for the space? I'm not looking for sound.

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories/products/class-37-lokpilot-dcc-decoder

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, BluenGreyAnorak said:

Hello folks,

Makes me wonder if the Dapol decoder doesn't match the DCC specs as that includes the size of the decoder itself?

But yes, for the price, using one setup specifically for that model is a no brainer really :)

• Like 2

Have pre ordered a Class 37, and will need to convert it to EM. I know there are drop in wheel sets available but wondered if the existing wheels can be pulled further off the axles to give 16.5 mm B2B, are the axles long enough and are they 3mm dia.?

Only ever converted one diesel before, a Heljan Class 23 and did this using the existing wheels and axles.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Was there ever a solution to the failed startup routine?

There's a chap on YouTube who has fixed the start-up failing problem on 37419 by turning the volume cv down to 150.

Edited by KDG
Add loco number.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Was there ever a solution to the failed startup routine?

It depends on the version of ESU chip you have (there were issues with components around the pandemic) as well as the sound project version. The 'easy' fix is to drop the max volume down to about 165 (from 190ish) and/or to allow the loco a moment on the powered track before activation of the sound, to allow the super capacitors time to charge up, before adding more current demands. As always, drop our wonderful support team a line (fb dm, message, live chat, email, sms) if you need any details.

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Thanks ive dropped the volume to 150 and its done the job.

Wasnt going to get another but a visit to trident trains this morning and hed got a sound fitted 37001 that a customer hadnt collected.

Needless to say the green class 20 with FYE that i had originally gone in to buy has to wait to next week now lol

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone had a problem with the removable roof section warping slightly?  I’ve got 37423 and I’ve noticed that the roof section has a slight, but noticeable warp at the fan end, causing it to lift slightly.  I’ve cured it by adding a tiny amount of black tac, but wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Has anyone had a problem with the removable roof section warping slightly?  I’ve got 37423 and I’ve noticed that the roof section has a slight, but noticeable warp at the fan end, causing it to lift slightly.  I’ve cured it by adding a tiny amount of black tac, but wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem?

Might be worth checking clearance with the edges of the speaker?

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Might be worth checking clearance with the edges of the speaker?

Done that first, but then put it on a glass shelf and it didn't quite sit square.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Check the magnets haven't detached from either the roof or the body. That might account for the lifting. 

Rob

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Check the magnets haven't detached from either the roof or the body. That might account for the lifting. 

Rob

As I mentioned earlier, I put the roof section onto a glass shelf, and one end had a tiny upward warp.  With the black tac applied, it’s settled nicely.

38 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

As I mentioned earlier, I put the roof section onto a glass shelf, and one end had a tiny upward warp.  With the black tac applied, it’s settled nicely.

Contact the chaps at Accurascale. They should carry spares and the removable roof section certainly shouldnt be warped. 👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Contact the chaps at Accurascale. They should carry spares and the removable roof section certainly shouldnt be warped. 👍

Seems like he got the special model they made for Sir Patrick Stuart,he would prefere it to have warp capability,its not D1701 by any chance is it?

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Seems like he got the special model they made for Sir Patrick Stuart,he would prefere it to have warp capability,its not D1701 by any chance is it?

Wouldn't D1701 be a class 47?

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Warp drive would be a bit of a unique selling point, with Coaxial gears.

Genuine Klingon couplings.

Vulcan foundry prototypes goes without saying.

of course the model is already here, hidden behind a cloaking device

Boldly going where no model has ever been before.

just what exactly am i rabbiting on about… oh beam me upto scotland.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Warp drive would be a bit of a unique selling point, with Coaxial gears.

Genuine Klingon couplings.

Vulcan foundry prototypes goes without saying.

of course the model is already here, hidden behind a cloaking device

Boldly going where no model has ever been before.

just what exactly am i rabbiting on about… oh beam me upto scotland.

There was a Voyager episode titled "The 37s".

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1