Class 37, by Accurascale

6 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Hes not called Pinnochio by any chance...................

6 hours ago, Damo666 said:

And a friend of mine bought all the other ones, and didn't have to send any back!

And another friend ......

I don't think it's fair to mock those who have had issues. Yeah, 7/9 is really bad odds but it could happen, and it's evident that these motor issues do exist. 

I have 4 Hattons 66s, two came with broken lighting, one of the replacements also had broken lighting. It was some of the logic level lighting that didn't work. A problem that at the time seemed to be unique to me on here. I needed to handle 7 locos to get 4 that worked with a problem nobody else seemed to have. 7/9 with a problem that quite a few people have had (myself included) doesn't sound that ridiculous in that respect.

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I don't think it's fair to mock those who have had issues. Yeah, 7/9 is really bad odds but it could happen, and it's evident that these motor issues do exist.

Sorry Tom, I wasn’t mocking those who have had issues, it’s the anonymous ‘friend’ I was reacting to. My belief is fight your own argument on its merits, don’t invent a friend to back up your case. But the poster didn’t seem to want to engage with Accurascale, just post here. See McC’s reply.

11 hours ago, McC said:

Morning Robert,

To be fair, you logged a PayPal complaint, after refusing to simply use our excellent, free, return process. As the team clarified in your ticket of the 9th October last year, the chip you bought the previous may didn't include a cold start and the horn was recorded from the real thing. You then logged a PayPal complaint on the 7th November having made no further replies or contact with the team. Had you simply logged a return, replied to the team, got your free return label, we could have simply replaced the decoder for the version with cold start, or refunded you through our normal process.

Accurascale have acknowledge these issues and have been, by all accounts here on RMWeb, actively resolving them.

• Like 4
  • Agree 6

8 hours ago, Damo666 said:

Accurascale have acknowledge these issues and have been, by all accounts here on RMWeb, actively resolving them

I don’t fully agree with that… the sound issues have only just been admitted to unless I missed something (turning the sound CV isn’t admitting it)? And that wasn’t on this thread, the motors seem to be another “send it back and we’ll look (and say it’s your controller, tweak CV’s… )” but not actually coming out with the answer of what’s gone wrong with them… sadly it’s not something that’s going to go away anytime soon…

there’s enough feedback about issues outside of RM and even if people don’t want to send things to Accurascale towers (for whatever reason that is!)  the feedback is still out there… plenty of posts on social media / YouTube if you go looking… 

that being said the fact that the Accurascale team do try to engage on here, even if it sometimes doesn’t come across as positively (I’d imagine there’s some amount of hair pulling over the motors and sound issues - even if ESU did design it!), the fact they’ve not gone and hidden in a corner denying their existence is great!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

You cannot 'admit' to something unless you have the data to back it up. This is why reporting it to them so they can actually diagnose the issue is important. It's impossible to 'come out with an answer' if you don't know what that answer is. Posts on social media don't actually give the data that they will need, having models back so they can test and evaluate in a controlled setting will. 

My advice to anyone sending their models back and then finding they are waiting is to keep following up. IMO there is no issue with sending a message daily asking for an update.

I've mentioned I work in a support based role, having people actually respond to me and push the case forward is actually a big help. It allows tickets to be escalated faster as you have the evidence there that the customer is actually caring about their problem. Too many just sit back and expect a magic resolution to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

At the end of the day, if you bought a new car, and the engine blew up, how would you go about getting it resolved? Would you post on social media, or take it back to the dealership where you bought it? 

Email us, tell us, let us make it right for you.

When looking at one particular users post history, there is at least one poster on here who really hasn't done much besides moan about 37 motors for months.

maybe he has more 37’s than BR and does nothing else all day than service them ? - i dunno, but it seems odd to harp on about it and little else.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

When looking at one particular users post history, there is at least one poster on here who really hasn't done much besides moan about 37 motors for months.

maybe he has more 37’s than BR and does nothing else all day than service them ? - i dunno, but it seems odd to harp on about it and little else.

Hi John,

It's funny as the CEO of one of our rivals pops on here to "react" to any post on here that is in anyway negative towards us under his RMWeb pseudonym. You'd think he would have better things to be doing and not be so cunning, but I guess it says more about his company being so irritated by what we are doing than us personally, so we take it as a great compliment.  

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

For anyone how hasn't contacted Accura, they have a proper system that logs and tracks customer service 'events'. This is why Accura were immediately able to address the issue I raised within minutes, and why when others post 'incomplete' explanations of their experiences Accura are able to provide the missing detail. It does work, I experienced a slight glitch mostly due to a 3rd party and which Accura responded to immediately.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi John,

It's funny as the CEO of one of our rivals pops on here to "react" to any post on here that is in anyway negative towards us under his RMWeb pseudonym. You'd think he would have better things to be doing and not be so cunning, but I guess it says more about his company being so irritated by what we are doing than us personally, so we take it as a great compliment.  

Cheers!

Fran 

Isnt that exactly what your CEO does Fran?

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Isnt that exactly what your CEO does Fran?

Hi Rich,

I must have a look, but hadn't noticed it when it was a post where someone was issuing a grievance about a rival company before. I have seen him trying to help someone who had an issue with 3rd party products before though, which is above and beyond really. 

Edit - He also doesn't hide behind a pseudonym.  

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

My money box is enquiring about when we might expect to see an RSH built version as originally delivered to the WR?

Hi Mike,

Ah all in good time (sends link of your comment to Gareth)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I wonder how many of the thousands sold have never been out the box or ran on a track and how much impact that has on the reported faults.

Or even how many are used on shunting layouts where I don't think the motor surging issue would be as easily noticed.

Just some idle thoughts while I wait for my new motor 🤔

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Kaput said:

I wonder how many of the thousands sold have never been out the box or ran on a track and how much impact that has on the reported faults.

Or even how many are used on shunting layouts where I don't think the motor surging issue would be as easily noticed.

That could be said about any model made by any manufacturer, and becomes mute for that reason.

All this comment does is make this problem tiresome. Which isn’t helpful to the individuals that maybe having a problem that needs help with.
Yes some people may be having an issue. But most are not It also gets worse when the same people are repeating there problems on multiple platforms rather then contacting Accurascale themselves and hopefully finding a solution. If I was a sceptical person I would think there’s an agenda afoot. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 7
  • Round of applause 2

56 minutes ago, Kaput said:

Mine has had very little use on my end to end but is currently up for sale as it no longer fits my plans but if I end up keeping it I also have 2 x spare complete chassis so hopefully if there did turn out to be any issues with the motor fingers crossed at least one would be a good one

10 minutes ago, farren said:

That could be said about any model made by any manufacturer, and becomes mute for that reason.

All this comment does is make this problem tiresome. Which isn’t helpful to the individuals that maybe having a problem that needs help with.
Yes some people may be having an issue. But most are not It also gets worse when the same people are repeating there problems on multiple platforms rather then contacting Accurascale themselves and hopefully finding a solution. If I was a sceptical person I would think there’s an agenda afoot. 

Not really. I am in exactly that position. Bought a sound fitted D6703, mostly for sentimental reasons (those that know me will know why!) having not bought a model "train" for over 30 years! But with a nod to one day having a means with which to exercise it both physically and aurally. The worry bead has now been sown, unfortunately, that when this day comes, very much out of warranty, that I could be sorely disappointed.

Hopefully not. But that possibility cannot be denied, can it?

So. If there is anyone reading this in a half hour radius of Honiton, or even Coventry (a different story!) that would be willing to give my Girl a workout, I'd really appreciate the chance to put these worries to bed.

Martin.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Mine has had very little use on my end to end but is currently up for sale as it no longer fits my plans but if I end up keeping it I also have 2 x spare complete chassis so hopefully if there did turn out to be any issues with the motor fingers crossed at least one would be a good one

Hi @sulzer71,

If a motor issue developed we would replace the motor for you. It's as simple as that. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @sulzer71,

If a motor issue developed we would replace the motor for you. It's as simple as that. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Fran , that's reassuring to know , unfortunately if it doesn't sell and I end up keeping it it's not going to see any use for some time as the current layout build is at a standstill while the railway room gets renovated and the layout is also undergoing a complete rebuild , well , redoing what I started last year anyway lol

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, farren said:

Since I am one of the ones with an issue I'm failing to see how it's unhelpful.

It's simple maths, you sell 1000. 500 never see much/any use. Means your only hearing feedback from half your sales 

Then there's the habit of modellers to just fix things themselves (and moan on YouTube about it) and the manufacturer hears nothing until said YouTube video 

I've only commented on it here and in messages to Accurascale support so I'm not getting involved in any conspiracy stuff about agendas.

Ultimately I'm on my 4th one with a motor issue which if it wasn't for preferring the Accura version I'd have gave up and went Bachmann.

Admittedly I never contacted them about number 3 because I wrongly interpreted them as having no support for second hand purchases. This has now been clarified hence awaiting new motor for number 4.

Hopefully Accurascale can get to the bottom of the issues and we can all get back enjoying their products.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Martin37 said:

Not really. I am in exactly that position. Bought a sound fitted D6703, mostly for sentimental reasons (those that know me will know why!) having not bought a model "train" for over 30 years! But with a nod to one day having a means with which to exercise it both physically and aurally. The worry bead has now been sown, unfortunately, that when this day comes, very much out of warranty, that I could be sorely disappointed.

So. If there is anyone reading this in a half hour radius of Honiton, or even Coventry (a different story!) that would be willing to give my Girl a workout, I'd really appreciate the chance to put these worries to bed.

Martin.

I disagree, most people are happy with their models, yes there’s a chance a model might be a lemon. But this can happen with any electrical purchase.
it’s up to the buyer to check it’s ok. There’s a warranty to help cover this. Also an occasional run is always a good idea. I mean you wouldn’t buy a car or in my case a motorcycle and then stick it in the garage for five years.  then just decide to go for a ride and be surprised if it doesn’t work. 

so I’d suggest find a friend club or get a yard of track and a cheap transformer. Have a play and I hope you find that the model runs perfectly. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, farren said:

so I’d suggest find a friend club or get a yard of track and a cheap transformer.

That might cause problems.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Kaput said:

Presumably those that display instead of using will be of the same ratio no matter who the manufacturer might be? 
I bought an ex display 20 odd year old Bachmann A4 that was unopened but faulty last year. No great shakes to me as it was mint and cheap so I didn’t mind cracking it open to address the issue myself.
Ultimately, If it’s just going to sit on a shelf it may as well not have a motor at all. 

i always contacted accurascale with my 37s issues one is still with them, , if i go over certain bar on my controller sound will cut out on my 97,  tbh i got small layout at moment i no need to go to that speed were it cuts out,  so hopefully i been logged by accurascale to help them out,

also im sure fran said in the 66 thread they done improvements to the 66 and run 2 of 37s with esu to counter sound cut out

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, newbryford said:

That might cause problems.

Quicker to do a Sam's Trains and crank up the voltage - that'll soon find any issues in the loco and your domestic wiring 🤣

Just need one of these bad boys

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Martin37 said:

Martin.

I'd certainly hope that as this is likely to be a long term and frequently produced product for Accurascale that in time ample (motor) spares will be available long into the future.

• Like 1