Penmaenbach 4mm Inglenook+ with Photo Album link on p9

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

Decent day at Thornbury. Layout went well and I was grateful to the support crew as I've not been firing on all cyinders recently. Reasonable numbers - I think the hosts were happy with the numbers. Layouts were well spaced out and a lot of masks were in evidence. We got a room to ourselves with opening windows so we were also well ventilated...

51693282238_b694f07d46_c.jpg

51693282338_8b454cc64e_z.jpg

51693692009_48a8b90ed2_z.jpg

Looking forward to tomorrow over a cold one...

Chris

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Looking good Chris. Really missing going to exhibitions, glad it seems to being done sensibly there. Hope day 2 goes well.

Cheers

It was well done. There was as good a one-way system as the buildings would allow and masks were definitely in use. I'm told one or two regulars actually said they prefered having fewer layouts better spaced out Covid or not.

Chris

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

A bit of action from Day 2 at Thornbury.....in other news we had a slightly different operating team line up today..we were in the presence of RMweb royalty.....more later no doubt...

51696285745_e158531d29_c.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, 37114 said:

Gutted I couldn't get to Thornbury this weekend, it is always a great show. You have done a great job with this layout Chris,looks great fun to operate. 

TBH it was just nice to be back at a show!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, 37114 said:

Gutted I couldn't get to Thornbury this weekend, it is always a great show. You have done a great job with this layout Chris,looks great fun to operate. 

Yeah, same here.

Looks like it was a good weekend Chris. Hopefully the shows will continue to return.

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My apologies for the late update, thoroughly side tracked once back at Chateau Sheep having spent the day at the show. 

Firstly, I must extend hearfelt thanks to Chris, Eric and Bill for looking after this here sheep and providing such good company. 

I had a splendid day out  and had much fun to boot. 

Never having operated a DCC layout, let along one whose locos made a noise, had kadees and traversed electric points, it was a real education and quite far removed from my usual M.O of pokey finger points and manual uncoupling. 

I left with much to think about.....Oh  and a Hornby class 08 acquired from Cheltenham   models who provided the trade support.  

Great day. 

Rob. 

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Layout performed really well ! There was a couple on the video before yours where they need driving lessons - ruins the illusion when they smack into wagons at 25 mph and immediately reverse out with them.

strangely I was watching in the man cave and this happened ..

image.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It looks to have been a super show and I love the layout (Penmaenbach), but I couldn't find the exhibition listed in the 'Exhibitions' section on RMWeb.

I always associate 'Thornbury' with the big show at the end of April, but has there always been a smaller show there at this time of year as well?

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

It looks to have been a super show and I love the layout (Penmaenbach), but I couldn't find the exhibition listed in the 'Exhibitions' section on RMWeb.

I always associate 'Thornbury' with the big show at the end of April, but has there always been a smaller show there at this time of year as well?

Yes - Its run by Thornbury and S Glos - always a nice event

Its in the events calendar but does not appear to have a topic.....

Chris

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Layout performed really well ! There was a couple on the video before yours where they need driving lessons - ruins the illusion when they smack into wagons at 25 mph and immediately reverse out with them.

strangely I was watching in the man cave and this happened ..

image.jpg

Superposition of VCAs! Some kind of quantum wormhole event....? :scratchhead:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

A few minor tweaks to help at future shows - a second throttle pocket and a better shelf for the shunting cards. All are attached with counter sunk M6 machine screws and wingnuts - easily removeable for transporting etc.

51701956553_b0a845d16d_c.jpg

51697921433_730f7e606d_c.jpg

and the original pocket now painted...

51700877242_27c0d7a929_z.jpg

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Hi Chris,

Nice idea with the throttle holders, I need to get round to sorting that for my layouts. I usually just rest my throttle (also NCE power cab) on the keg frames but it has dropped to the floor a couple of times at shows.

It'd be nice to hear a bit more about your card system, has it changed much from when I operated Dock Street at Thornbury?

Cheers.