Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Manor Announced for 00

meatloaf

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear! Chimneys everywhere! fat short, skinny & tall. Come on down, we've got them all! I hate to tell you this, but everything front of the front tubeplate was a consumable item. Bluntly, you've got 2 batches of Manors, plus spares. At most, that'll be 33 chimneys.

Best bet is to find a picture of your favourite one, and model on that.  I still can't find a photo of 7835 Jubilant Mano....

On 09/12/2021 at 16:38, tomparryharry said:

Oh dear! Chimneys everywhere! fat short, skinny & tall. Come on down, we've got them all! I hate to tell you this, but everything front of the front tubeplate was a consumable item. Bluntly, you've got 2 batches of Manors, plus spares. At most, that'll be 33 chimneys.

Best bet is to find a picture of your favourite one, and model on that.  I still can't find a photo of 7835 Jubilant Mano....

That reminds me of a photograph I saw of one of Kirkby Stephen shed's 2-6-0s, either a Standard or Ivatt 4MT.  I think it might have been in Railway Bylines.  This loco had had its chimney come detatched while working over Stainmore and it had disappeared into the distance down the hillside somewhere near Belah viaduct, never to be seen again.. It ran with a length of pipe inserted into the gap (presumably welded in place) for some time until "higher authority" spotted it...

Les

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Les1952 said:

That reminds me of a photograph I saw of one of Kirkby Stephen shed's 2-6-0s, either a Standard or Ivatt 4MT.  I think it might have been in Railway Bylines.  This loco had had its chimney come detatched while working over Stainmore and it had disappeared into the distance down the hillside somewhere near Belah viaduct, never to be seen again.. It ran with a length of pipe inserted into the gap (presumably welded in place) for some time until "higher authority" spotted it...

Les

Some metal detector fan will get a bit of a surprise one day.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 18/12/2021 at 12:52, rembrow said:

Hattons issued an update yesterday, advising the sound fitted versions were now available to order and still advising delivery of the dc versions is expected in Jan 22

Interestingly the sound option is dearer than the Accurascale model but the base model is around £30 cheaper.:scratchhead:

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Rails have some good images now of the Manors and the various liveries. Take a look ,particularly at the lining on the tenders which don’t look correctly placed to me. See what you think.

Ian,

A good comparison can be made with this pre production version posted on YouTube earlier in the year.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Yes it’s the same here. Still doesn’t look right to me .Looks to be shaping as a fine model however.

In addition to which,as has been pointed out to me elsewhere on this forum,there is an issue with what is perceived as too exaggerated a slope on the top of the firebox which was missed on first glance at the images above. Too late for correction? Hopefully not.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I've noticed the whole top row of rivets on the front footplate curve are missing. Looking back, it seems they weren't on the EP either.

7820-Face.png.1180fb7d7cb0e5601c90f42cda38e734.png

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, 57xx said:

The Accurascale one looks to have exactly the same problem...

No one seems to have noticed on the Accurascale Manor thread.  I hadn't.

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Forester said:

That interpretation of BR green is such a ghastly colour. It's not as if there were not scores of decent BR green locos in current steam out there to check it with. Such a shame.

I have no problem with the BR green. As one of the fiercest critics of Hornby’s version,this doesn’t raise a flicker on my radar. 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, 57xx said:

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I've noticed the whole top row of rivets on the front footplate curve are missing. Looking back, it seems they weren't on the EP either.

7820-Face.png.1180fb7d7cb0e5601c90f42cda38e734.png

There seems to be some tealeaf out there stealing them

35.jpg

1335168380_CookhamManor.jpg.8274917fa6cddfa14e45a82c61a25ce1.jpg

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, confused said:

No one seems to have noticed on the Accurascale Manor thread.  I hadn't.

A lot of people seem to be too busy being sycophantic to notice things... (not implying you, just a general observation across the board)

I did notice and dropped Fran a message, he came back with a nice detailed explanation why (mould release basically). If you look on the Dapol Mogul and Prairie that do have that line of rivets, you then see there are none facing up on the flat part behind the buffer beam. You can have one or the other.

Edited by 57xx
Speeling
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1