RevolutioN Trains announce "Caroline" Inspection Car in OO gauge and EOI for one in N gauge

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Just an update to say we’ve been working our way through the dispatching but there are still lots of orders to be sent out. 

We’ll let people know once we think all have been sent - if you’ve not received your model after that please contact us directly. 

Also, our customer service agent has been on leave but he’s back on Tuesday to begin answering support emails and helping anyone with issues. 

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

Are all 21 pins perfectly aligned - they can easilly get bent which means  a decoder or blanking plug will not fit properly - check that all 21 pins are visible in the decoders sockets.

I checked all the pins, and they are all perfectly aligned but I’ve since contacted @Revolution Ben and he’s suggested that I contact support for help, which I will do.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I checked all the pins, and they are all perfectly aligned but I’ve since contacted @Revolution Ben and he’s suggested that I contact support for help, which I will do.

If they are all aligned and it were me I would put the slightest of bends on the pins to endure it held the decoder. Bend one half one way and the other the opposite (very small amounts though and with needle nose pliers or tweezers).

• Informative/Useful 1

Caroline on track inspection work today, pushed by Accurascale 37419. Runs really well, but have had to do a few mods to get things running like this. I've taken out the kinetic coupling mechanism both ends. Isolated the pads at one end of the circuit board, so there's no "engine end" lights on at all. I tried ESU Lokpilot, Imperium 6 and 8 output decoders and had no joy with any of them when trying to get the lights working. Purchased the Lais decoder as recommended on here and all worked straight away.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

i'm using a lais decoder and i think all lights are working, is their a complete list of light functions and what output they are on/f number?

i need to figure out how to remap function 2 to another so its locking (for the rear lights when been pulled)

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

Caroline on track inspection work today, pushed by Accurascale 37419. Runs really well, but have had to do a few mods to get things running like this. I've taken out the kinetic coupling mechanism both ends. Isolated the pads at one end of the circuit board, so there's no "engine end" lights on at all. I tried ESU Lokpilot, Imperium 6 and 8 output decoders and had no joy with any of them when trying to get the lights working. Purchased the Lais decoder as recommended on here and all worked straight away.

Great looking layout Tony. Thanks for video of Caroline. Can I ask what couplings you've used on your Dapol MRA's?

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

Can I ask, what model number Lais decoder are you using as I think I’ll use that instead of struggling with a Dapol Imperium.  Many thanks

• RMweb Premium

It would be useful if  Revolution could confirm which decoder, make and version, will fit and operate all the lighting functionality without any need to reprogram or re configure to make all the lights work correctly. Also I do not think you should need to remove the circuit board to isolate some lighting function to get the correct lighting arrangements as mentioned in a previous post

1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

Can I ask, what model number Lais decoder are you using as I think I’ll use that instead of struggling with a Dapol Imperium.  Many thanks

As referenced earlier in the thread Lais 860019 which is rebadged by Dapol as their Imperium 1. Other decoders will work provided there are 6 function including two logic outputs, or 4 function (plus two logic outputs) as the Bachmann 36-557 rebadged ESU Lokpilot gets described. This is contrary to the advice Revolution put out even earlier in the thread that 6 full functions were needed and will explain wny a number of decoders do not work all the lights,

Edited by Butler Henderson

1 hour ago, KDG said:

Great looking layout Tony. Thanks for video of Caroline. Can I ask what couplings you've used on your Dapol MRA's?

KDG, thanks for the comment. The MRA's are coupled using West Hill Wagon Works magnetic MRA couplings. They work very well on the Dapol MRA's.

• Thanks 1

I've used the Lais 860019 in the end, as per Butler Henderson above. As I said, I tried several decoders to try and get the upper lights and step lights to work, but they never did. So, I get the Lais 860019 and everything worked first time, I'm glad to say. The body now flies off it's been off and on that many times!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

i'm using a lais decoder and i think all lights are working, is their a complete list of light functions and what output they are on/f number?

i need to figure out how to remap function 2 to another so its locking (for the rear lights when been pulled)

I used this table to make changes to the Lais decoder. Hope it helps.

https://dccwiki.com/Function_Mapping

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

KDG, thanks for the comment. The MRA's are coupled using West Hill Wagon Works magnetic MRA couplings. They work very well on the Dapol MRA's.

Hi All,

I have also replaced the couplings on my Dapol MRA wagons to the West Hill Wagon works magnetic couplings & can confirm all runs well.
It also makes uncoupling a lot easier…..

Edited by Going2theDogs
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

Thanks Tony. I've tried those, but they keep uncoupling on curves (radius 3 and 4). I bought them when they first came out, perhaps they've upgraded the magnets since then.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

I've used the Lais 860019 in the end, as per Butler Henderson above. As I said, I tried several decoders to try and get the upper lights and step lights to work, but they never did. So, I get the Lais 860019 and everything worked first time, I'm glad to say. The body now flies off it's been off and on that many times!

Stupid question time again, but where did you get the decoder as I’ve tried looking it up and I can’t find anyone who stocks it.

Stupid question time again, but where did you get the decoder as I’ve tried looking it up and I can’t find anyone who stocks it.

I bought some recently on e—y ( 860019 motor + 4 Function DCC Decoder onboard MTC 21-Pin Plug ) but there are very limited stock around now, must be all these people with a Caroline or 3!

8 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Why do you say struggle? I’ve gone with the Dapol decoder, I thought it was identical to the LAIS?

Lokpilot Decoders;

For anyone interested, I have all lighting functions available using a Lokpilot 5 Basic (product code 59029) with thanks to @TomScrut for pointing me in the right direction.

f0 - Headlights (directional)

f1 - Interior cabin lights

f2 - Tail lights (directional; requires f0 on)

f5 - Stairs light

f6 - Search light (directional; requires f0 on)

I think that covers it.

ta!

Bob

IMG_2089.jpeg

Edited by NTrains
Mistake in function 5. Stairs lights do not require F0 = on.
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Why do you say struggle? I’ve gone with the Dapol decoder, I thought it was identical to the LAIS?

If its the 8 function Imperium 3 that has not worked for another user. Not sure if that is a Lais decoder. Unclear why it does not work as according to Dapol aux 5-8 are logic outputs.  The Imperium 1 (Lais 860019) they however have Aux 3-6 as logic outputs when in fact its Aux 5 & 6. Maybe then the Imperium 3 is only logic on 7 & 8. The simple soluton is a Lais 860019 from Digitains and save a better performing decoder for a loco.

Edited by Butler Henderson

I finally unboxed my NR Green Caroline, purchased through Rails, today. The model is absolutely lovely with incredible details. Even the GSMR, video camera, and OTMR equipment in the cabs have been faithfully reproduced!

She's missing a horn, with no trace of it in the box. I've already sent an email to Revolution with every confidence they'll sort it out.

It seems the Hornby HM7000 21-pin chip is not compatible with the model. The decoder connects to the app but none of the functions operate any of the lights. Bit of a shame but until I'm allowed a permanent railway room, the HM7000 control system is my only option. 

The lights work with the blanking plug fitted, so I've used the dip-switches to turn off the ones I don't want on all the time. Annoyingly, I realised that I've wired up my plank in a way that the lights illuminate on the wrong end, and I don't have a way to switch them. D'oh!

3 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

If its the 8 function Imperium 3 that has not worked for another user. Not sure if that is a Lais decoder. Unclear why it does not work as according to Dapol aux 5-8 are logic outputs.  The Imperium 1 (Lais 860019) they however have Aux 3-6 as logic outputs when in fact its Aux 5 & 6. Maybe then the Imperium 3 is only logic on 7 & 8. The simple soluton is a Lais 860019 from Digitains and save a better performing decoder for a loco.

Well, yes, obviously. Nobody is suggesting the Imperium 3, are they? I was referring to the Imperium 1.