More model ideas

17 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Hmm, I think maybe not for this weekend but If I may drop a subtle hint for Warley…

I think theres an Achilles heel in this Superb range, which is a Bulwark of an idea if you have the Temeraire to ask. Perhaps a Hercules with a Valiant effort might Thunderer through in Defiance at some point with another solution ?

Ive been waiting in Exeter with a Centurion called St Vincent, and his friend Sir Edward Elgar in Dreadnought fear that a Renown Eagle, Lion or Tiger might need to be Repulse with a Glorious Leviathon of an effort. Another fella known as Rodney Howe was Fearless, as was a Conquerer of a Monarch in Agincourt seeking Revenge and got a Resolution a long time ago, such Indomitable spirit. He had a friend, Anson Benbow who was also Warspite with a Furious temper after he was left behind to clean up an Implacable mess without Ajax in Royal Oak, though a scientist called Neptune Collingwood helped him, so they werent much use in this suggestion.

i’m hoping my Illustrious, Swiftsure, Dauntless effort of this prose will some day lift a Hood and bring a Furious Vanguard that will be Victorious for my Courageous effort lifting an Ark Royal in Triumph.

It would be Formidable if you can figure out which 1 Barham did I miss (Dont worry, many of us did as it was an early casualty)?

I think my hint is subtle enough….

Are you looking for a Class 42?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

5 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Heading to 100 pages... so just referencing the obvious. 

One of these in 00 gauge please... 

hornbyclass50_proto1.jpg.60ddd7bfd369326de527516900d82364.jpg

A 50 would be very nice, though I have a special request for that. Not sure if a sound file exists that features the 'hoover' sound, but having that as a feature on the sound file would be a nice addition.

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Delta_Who said:

Not a model suggestion, but imo, there should be a section on the website for retail/partner exclusive items aswell. Some offerings I never really find out they exist unless I trawl through that retailers specific website e.g  Stobart 92.

Solid point, we'll look into options!

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Intrigued that the loco with dumb buffers hasn't appeared. Must be a Warley job!

Also was completely wrong on jumping on a bandwagon for a prediction of a set of TTA wagons for today!

Edited by E100

1 hour ago, StuAllen said:

Think their FB post has TT:120 covered

We can never accurately predict the future and we might get surprised with how popular it might be (or might not be), if theres money to be made most companies are going to give it a serious consideration. Of course they probably have plenty on their plate atm, but down the line, who knows?

Heljan seems to be quite keen on it though, though they're pricing higher than Hornby are which might be interesting to see how it pans out.

Anyway, back to the suggestions...

How about the first nuclear flask wagon, from the 60s, would look impressive alongside the KUA in a old vs modern thing. That or of course a 501 unit (and other 57ft stock of course).

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Kelly said:

We can never accurately predict the future and we might get surprised with how popular it might be (or might not be), if theres money to be made most companies are going to give it a serious consideration. Of course they probably have plenty on their plate atm, but down the line, who knows?

Heljan seems to be quite keen on it though, though they're pricing higher than Hornby are which might be interesting to see how it pans out.

Anyway, back to the suggestions...

How about the first nuclear flask wagon, from the 60s, would look impressive alongside the KUA in a old vs modern thing. That or of course a 501 unit (and other 57ft stock of course).

I reckon I could even justify the early flask wagon as a rule 1 on the west highland in the 60’s

2 hours ago, E100 said:

I reckon I could even justify the early flask wagon as a rule 1 on the west highland in the 60’s

funnily enough I was just thinking the earlier flasks would be the next logical step seeing we have the FNA by Bachmann, KUA and FNA-D by Accurascale covering modern day operations.

The next question is how far down the glowing rabbit hole do you want to go?

looking at the train formation handbook by rail express it lists the following TOPs coded Flask wagons and build date

XKV - 63

XKB - 70

XKB - 76

XKB - 78

XKB - 82

FPA - 84

FNA - 86

FNA - 88

XJB -72/75

XPW - 59

PXW - 59

KXA - 58

KXA - 77

XIB - 49

KYA - 82

IQB - 81

IQA - 89

KYA - 92

There are also more modern additions missing from this such as the FNA-D and KXA-C, but yeah there a few of them to choose from! 

• RMweb Premium

I'd certainly like a couple of KXA-C, maybe even more if the price was good. Very limited scope of operation, so whilst they seem an obvious extension from the KUAs and FNAs, they're maybe not a viable wagon. But then who would've thought that the KUA would be a viable proposition. 

1 hour ago, nightstar.train said:

I'd certainly like a couple of KXA-C, maybe even more if the price was good. Very limited scope of operation, so whilst they seem an obvious extension from the KUAs and FNAs, they're maybe not a viable wagon. But then who would've thought that the KUA would be a viable proposition. 

They are ace wagons I think. But they just go between Sellafield and Barrow don't they?