More model ideas

7 hours ago, rprodgers said:

For steam

unrebuilt WC/ B of B 

8F

County 4-6-0

28xx

Modern

They'd have to be brave taking on a 319/321 with the Bachmann Class 319 in N gauge. That could easily be scaled up and appear in any quarterly update from Bachmann

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, rprodgers said:

For steam

unrebuilt WC/ B of B 

8F

County 4-6-0

Surely these have to be good contenders. All 3 are definitely showing their age. Not sure why you would think the 28xx though. That was redone, along with the 2884 for the first time, around the same time as the new Castle 2010-2011ish. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Surely these have to be good contenders. All 3 are definitely showing their age. Not sure why you would think the 28xx though. That was redone, along with the 2884 for the first time, around the same time as the new Castle 2010-2011ish. 

No no no. New prototypes please. 

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, reddragon said:

All this talk of 7 steam, my question so not to be too steamist, who many D&E locos and how many MUs

Well @Accurascale Fran you let slip on the steam side!!!

No I didn't, that was all @McC's doing! lol

Can confirm lots of cool stuff for everyone of all different eras to get excited about.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

No I didn't, that was all @McC's doing! lol

Can confirm lots of cool stuff for everyone of all different eras to get excited about.

Cheers!

Fran 

Got any jobs going Fran? Happy to work pro bono, just can't deal with the wait of what you're all working on... 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

If we're suggesting stuff..... (probably mentioned these before, but its been a while.)

IHA bogie steel carrier, at least 2 different diagrams, a couple of liveries.

MLA bogie ballast carrier in yellow and red.

KWA Warwell. I know Hattons and Oxford have attempted them, but they're not very good, and out of stock now. Hattons had ho scale bogies and lacked the widened decks.

All 3 wagons would sell in multiples.

• Agree 3

11 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I'm surprised these haven't been done already.

Would mix in well with the JNA Falcons and MCA and MOAs already available.

If you look back through the thread I have mentioned these a couple of times. Its hard to find a video of falcons on youtube which are not mixed with MLA’s… a real must for most modellers depicting the last 15 or so years. 

I have mentioned it (once or twice haha) to the guys on the AC stands at the last few shows in person and I got a (fairly) positive response. As they say anything yellow is pretty much a Gold mine these days! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

If you look back through the thread I have mentioned these a couple of times. Its hard to find a video of falcons on youtube which are not mixed with MLA’s… a real must for most modellers depicting the last 15 or so years.

MXAs are similar in this regard, they are all over the place although they do tend to be in rakes more than mixed in with MLA, JNA and MCA/MOAs.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, WCML100 said:

I have mentioned it (once or twice haha) to the guys on the AC stands at the last few shows in person and I got a (fairly) positive response. As they say anything yellow is pretty much a Gold mine these days! 

MLA. Another one that Dave Jones was going to do when he was at Dapol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Allegedly just about as useful as a Cadbury's kettle ! 🤭

I quite liked their kettle, first saw it at DRPS, rode behind it many occasions on GWRS.

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, WCML100 said:

a missed opportunity really when they seem to sell falcons by the masses… 

Whilst it may seem like a missed opportunity, a yellow MLA to most people looks very similar to a JNA Falcon, and therefore creates the sense of "I've already got some yellow wagons, I don't need any more of them". I'm by no means saying that some modellers wouldn't welcome them with open arms (me in particular), but from a business perspective, it probably isn't the most viable proposition.

Edited by Revolution Mike B
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

22 minutes ago, Revolution Mike B said:

Whilst it may seem like a missed opportunity, a yellow MLA to most people looks very similar to a JNA Falcon, and therefore creates the sense of "I've already got some yellow wagons, I don't need any more of them". I'm by no means saying that some modellers wouldn't welcome them with open arms (me in particular), from a business perspective, it probably isn't the most viable proposition.

A fair point, and one I hadn’t thought of, but if thats the outlook of those who aren’t rivet counters - if timed to release when no falcons are available or sitting on shelves - would the reaction not be the same in that case and they would buy it simply because it is yellow?

Edited by WCML100
  • Like 1