More model ideas

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, frobisher said:

Do they have the drop head Delner couplings fitted, that would be the deal breaker..?

I’m sure they do from memory and given 66’s are being used up front, that would suggest this to be the case. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

What about some new realistic model PTA wagons?

The ones done by AS, Hornby, Lima etc are pristine and even when weathered are pristine but dirty.

Real ones I see are battered, bend, twisted & dented. I'm sure AS could model in all those dents, bent sides and general battering with a generic range of damage types, weathered with empty & full loads.

Real trains!

Edited by reddragon

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, reddragon said:

What about some new realistic model PTA wagons?

The ones done by AS, Hornby, Lima etc are pristine and even when weathered are pristine but dirty.

Real ones I see are battered, bend, twisted & dented. I'm sure AS could model in all those dents, bent sides and general battering with a generic range of damage types, weathered with empty & full loads.

Real trains!

Just get yourself a Dremel and a selection of burrs. 😉

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Gold

Not totally sure why the 73/9’s went up this week.

it would imo my sense to use them as pilots infront of a CS 73/9 and spare a 66 for something else.. they can multi-together. They cant pull a CS alone as they dont have the electric supply or the coupling.

But as they sit around Tonbridge all summer with nothing to do, double heading with a CS 73/9 and sparing a few 66’s may make sense.

Aiui gbrf has a shortage of locos up there, an LSL 47 was hired in too… but again no sign of use.. the failed CS 73/9 is back out in service so the “catastrophe” has been resolved… A quick look last night saw 2x 73968/971 to Aberdeen, 66733+73971 to FW and 73966/66760 to IS, seems to be consistent all week… add to that 6x class 92’s on a daily basis thats 12 locos for 4 trains…

Perhaps the future is staring right at us…

Not my image../flickr url.

(note the dangly thing between the buffers).

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

it would imo my sense to use them as pilots infront of a CS 73/9 and spare a 66 for something else.. they can multi-together. They cant pull a CS alone as they dont have the electric supply or the coupling.

But as they sit around Tonbridge all summer with nothing to do, double heading with a CS 73/9 and sparing a few 66’s may make sense.

Aiui gbrf has a shortage of locos up there, an LSL 47 was hired in too… but again no sign of use.. the failed CS 73/9 is back out in service so the “catastrophe” has been resolved… A quick look last night saw 2x 73968/971 to Aberdeen, 66733+73971 to FW and 73966/66760 to IS, seems to be consistent all week… add to that 6x class 92’s on a daily basis thats 12 locos for 4 trains…

Wouldn't mind one of those in CS Teal!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Problem is those don’t have ETH, so would need modification. The coupling is to allow for hauling units around as GBRf have a lot of contracts for unit deliveries. 

One of the old Nightstar generator vans (ex Mk3 sleeper) has been refurbished and repainted into CS teal. It’s used at Inverness to power the carriages during the daytime as they couldn’t reach agreement with Scotrail to use the depot supply. There’s a possibility it could be used instead of a 73/9 to power the sleepers, just like in the 90s, whilst a freight loco does the pulling. 

• Informative/Useful 1

10 hours ago, reddragon said:

The count down clock has vanished but AS announced they'd be at Staffold Barn model exhibition this weekend.

Something NG?

Good point. Why would Accurascale be going to Statfold unless narra gauge was involved ?

I believe there is at least one standard loco there, but given the bonanza Bachmann are having with Fairlies and Hunslets at the moment, it must be a lucrative marketplace. There are loads and loads of opportunties from all around the world, but are there any Irish subjects at Statfold ?

Thinking about it the Burton & Ashby tram at Statfold would be an interesting project, although which gauge ? 

Edited by Covkid

• RMweb Gold
On 31/03/2023 at 00:01, wombatofludham said:

A Class 37 with a conservatory for the cab, in the hope lots of windows will make at least one of them the right shape.

A Northern Irish 80 class DEMU in fictional Network Southeast livery (if Rapido can do fictional, then there must be a market).
209001.jpg.4007b3d18e868debcaad6de31d34a0eb.jpg

LOL  Too many front windows 😁

• Like 1

Did anyone think the countdown clock was the April fools? Maybe there isn’t an announcement at midday?

It would be nice to have an announcement but again I can’t see the countdown clock currently.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, XChris said:

Did anyone think the countdown clock was the April fools? Maybe there isn’t an announcement at midday?

It would be nice to have an announcement but again I can’t see the countdown clock currently.

Chris gets it 😉

Sorry folks, a cheap one this year, but our original idea didn’t work out so we had this instead. We promise a return to form next year.

We’ll have a small announcement next week though, promise!

Cheers!

Fran

• Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Chris gets it 😉

Sorry folks, a cheap one this year, but our original idea didn’t work out so we had this instead. We promise a return to form next year.

Cheers!

Fran

It's before midday still so this post could be an april fool?

Just sayin'

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

23 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Chris gets it 😉

Cheers!

Fran

You can’t mess with modellers like that! 😂

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

The announcement was for an Electrostar…

it was so fast at selling out that you missed it… gosh all gone in 3 minutes 77 seconds.

You’ll have to wait for run 2…

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 4