Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium

A (well-known) visitor once brought a G1 LNER 2-8-0+0-8-2 live steam Garratt to run on my line as he had been told it was G1 not G scale.  I hate to think how much it was worth, despite casting envious glances, Mrs NHN made sure its owner took it away with him when he left! 

It was actually a pilot model made for Aster to gauge response, but was never put into production.  It was.....stunning.  Must have a dig to find a photo of it, it was a long time ago.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Yes I knew Chequerfield well.  One day I will tell the story of the gent who burgled a lingerie shop one Boxing Day  night.

Jamie

Go on, please do. 

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the offer of a bit of applied skulduggery concerning the Y6B, HH, but I don't think it would get past the North Hipposhire SIC*. 

We're off in the morning to house, horse and cat sit for a few days for some friends who are currently doing missionary work in Jamieland. Hence there will be yet another interruption in the workshop schedule but next week Jill and a pal are probably going away for 72 hours or so and I'll be down to the workshop like a bear to an LDC factory.  

Dave

*SWMBO Intelligence Corps

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Like 5
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
Just now, simontaylor484 said:

Where is the wow button

Next to the 'how much - swoon' button!  :lol:

After I posted the same photo on the old G Scale Mad forum at the time, a gent approached me to try to buy it - he was into 5 figures.....but it was not for sale, its not mine anyway!  One can wish though.

• Like 7
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Next to the 'how much - swoon' button!  :lol:

After I posted the same photo on the old G Scale Mad forum at the time, a gent approached me to try to buy it - he was into 5 figures.....but it was not for sale, its not mine anyway!  One can wish though.

As a pilot model it's anybody's guess what it may make at auction now?

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Forget the Y6, go for an EM-1.

I suppose I could cast caution to the winds and get the Y6B, an EM-1 and a Big Boy then all I would need would be a good divorce lawyer to soak up what little cash I would have left.

Dave

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

I suppose I could cast caution to the winds and get the Y6B, an EM-1 and a Big Boy then all I would need would be a good divorce lawyer to soak up what little cash I would have left.

Dave

I've managed to smuggle a Big Boy, an FEF3 a 4-12-2 and a Pennsy n O1a over here without getting caught.......yet.  A G motor in tuscan red would look nice. Though Sunset keep sendi g me newsletters with a Milwaukee EP3 advertised.  However I suspect that French divorce lawyers could be expensive.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Dave

Well I suppose that's one way of hiding the assets. Plus now that HH has moved his  Golf engine he might let you kip in the garage.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

2 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I've managed to smuggle a Big Boy, an FEF3 a 4-12-2 amd an O1a over here without getting caught.......yet.

Jamie

Criminal activity from a former member of law enforcement. Tut, tut.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Was he stocking up on things and made a slip? And if Jamie made the arrest did he then basque in the glory?

Dave

Corset's all made up, the whole thong... 

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Stubby47 said:

Corset's all made up, the whole thong... 

But if it's true and our resident plod did make the arrest, all I can say is bra-vo.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Well I suppose that's one way of hiding the assets. Plus now that HH has moved his  Golf engine he might let you kip in the garage.

I wouldn't be so cruel, wot with all them spiders.

Dave could sleep in the workshop (once he'd tidied it up) and could be put to work finishing all my unfinished railway jobs.

There's a fridge, cake, whisky, cider and beer.

What's not to like?

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

I might as well tell the tale.  A Boxing day night with fresh snow on thd ground. As the duty Inspector I'd taken the Sgt out for a walk round Pontefract town centre. We discovered a broken lingerie shop window. I noticed fresh footprints heading away so left the Sgt to sort things out and followed the tracks.  The shift already knew that I did strange things.  Anyway I followed the tracks into, then out of the hallway of a block of flats, down to the main road then up past Baghill station heading  towards Chequerfield. Near the bridge over the railway, Simon will know where I mean, I found the miscreant, stumbling along rather slowly. Drunk as a skunk with a very fetching set of bright red bra and panties in his coat. Size 34B.  He was duly locked up and left to sober up till he could be questioned.  Two PC's were delegated to deal with him for burglary.  About 03.00 we had to go and tell his wife.  It was not a pretty sight that filled the doorway wearing a nightie and no teeth. Large was an understatement.  We duly told her that her dearly beloved was in the cells .  As we left, the PC that I was with remarked that the stolen bra might just fit round one of her assets. Ponte was never very politically correct.  I was then able to tease the shift that it was time that they went and found some burglars. All good fun.  

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 13