Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Gloucester Road said:

Driver swapping ends for the return trip.

These days, with DCC (although possible with DC) we have lights etc. operating according to the direction of travel. I wonder, has anyone set up a driver in the direction of travel? I imagine pop-up / pop-down figures in each cab...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

These days, with DCC (although possible with DC) we have lights etc. operating according to the direction of travel. I wonder, has anyone set up a driver in the direction of travel? I imagine pop-up / pop-down figures in each cab...

Interesting idea, I suppose it would be possible on a loco but harder in a dmu where there is less space under the floor.  Another solution might be an inflatable driver that the air is sucked out of when you inflate the driver at the other end and vice versa (sorry, that's given me the mental picture of the auto-pilot in Airplane, which still has me in stitches every time I see it).  This would be useful on Cwmdimbath for auto-working, if I ever go in for DCC, which I intend to when I win the lottery.

Now, somebody is probably going to be along soon with all sorts of dodgy inflatable activities for passengers.  You are all very bad people for thinking this.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Boleyn Road said:

Stanier stunner 46245 'City of London' rolls onto shed

They were something special indeed and 46245 was my favourite too although in my more mischievous moments they remind me slightly of Mr Creosote....

Kind regards,

1 hour ago, Andy Healey said:

Can you all just stop with the Real Photos!

OK then, I'll lower the standard.  9F pulling into Goatland. 

20240508_174732.jpg.c1422f7add71a6a35ea72d1c36bd5277.jpg

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, GRUNFOS said:

This came from the other direction.

100_0056(2).JPG.8d76083ddd6c66c8e36fc2b388815fc1.JPG

All the way from Newport, presumably with an Old Oak driver who signed the traction.  My best memory of 1200 was watching it with loaded 35ton loose-coupled iron ore hoppers flat out through Newport High Street at about 20mph on the up relief middle road on a Newport Docks-Llanwern, ground trembling under me, proper thug of an engine.  Impressive!

• Like 3