RMweb

Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, BVMR21 said:

She’s supposed to be running next year as well. 14” Barclay 0-6-0ST would be cool.

Deffo. Proper loco if P.I do it, fab.........and if EFE re-issue the J94 as Mountain Ash's No.8*.........whoop, whoop ! 

*Yes, already done by Hattons as L.E. 

Rob

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Wasn't that the same class as the Bagnalls at Preston Docks?

Yes it was. Earlier thread HERE although sadly lacking photos.

Preston Docks ended up with 7 of the 18 or so built, although not all delivered in one order.

There is one of the ex Preston Docks locos preserved, B2682 'Princess' which is on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway. There is a Bagnall 16" loco at Ribble Steam Railway in Preston masquerading as Preston Docks 'Courageous,' but it's actually an ex NCB loco.  Details here.

https://ribblesteam.org.uk/exhibits/steam/bagnall-2680-1942-birchenwood-no-4/

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

51 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Llantarnum Abbey provides a little less variety in possible liveries as she has the 'modern' cab, therefore is 'late', 1939 IIRC.  I think she may be bigger in the cylinder than Horden, but either would be nice!

It could be done so that 2 cabs are produced within the tooling, I am not sure if there is a 16” cylinder 0-6-0ST but if there is maybe do some 16” cylinders to replicate those variants. Think they’ve got about 16,000 lbs of tractive effort the 14” cylinder 0-6-0ST Barclays, as they’re virtually identical in terms of tanks and cylinders to the 0-4-0ST versions.

Edit:

I have been doing a quick bit of research and have since found at least 3 0-6-0ST Barclays with this “later” cab that are preserved. Llantarnam Abbey, Swordfish and Salmon.

Edited by BVMR21
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

You do all realise that Steve & James probably did their wishlist two or three years ago and are just looking for enough of you to coincide? 😉

I still need to work out some names for my pair before I worry about how they’re going to deprive my wallet next!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

With all due respect, the original subject of this thread hasn't appeared with the other - as built - cab yet ! .... any news of a conversion kit, guys ?

A Lambton profile may have crossed my CAD screen today. 

Paul. 

• Like 1

Loving most of the wish list items being raised here … and succumbed to the new Rapido Hunslet loco now, too! (Will be an interesting contrast between that and the four (count them!) Victories I have in my collection!)

Still, I’d really like the MSC locos as mentioned earlier!! 😆

Steve S

• Agree 1

I suppose the time to do a Lambton would have been at initial tooling, when it could have been provided for, but it likely would have been too expensive to do at the time. It’s a shame because I would be greatly tempted by one. A conversion kit would be beyond my skills. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

James has been working on the Lambton conversion kit - we should have some progress in the near future.

It would unfortunately have been prohibitively expensive to tool it as a RTR variant as it's a bit of a niche interest.

Where’s the emoji for slapped forehead?! 🙄

Yes, I succumbed to buying a Rapido Hunslet loco after being contacted by two big box shifters by email, but am absolutely kicking myself that I forgot that Light Railway Stores are selling them!

I would much rather have sent my modelling tokens in their direction so as to assist in the continued existence of LRS and hence Planet Industrials … annoyingly, LRS are out of stock of the other livery version I fancied!

I suppose what I am saying here is - please buy your Rapido Hunslet models from Light Railway Stores and help support their business so that they can keep developing lovely industrial locos for us to buy from them in the future!

But then, like many a politician, I am encouraging RMWeb members to do as I say, not as I do 😆

Steve S

PS

Seriously, though, please do it! Rapido get the sales but LRS (hopefully) gets the mark up.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Remember I said there was one other livery I was interested in but the Light Railway Stores were out of stock?

Well, I had a couple or three of late night ciders last night …

I don’t remember doing it but it seems that I purchased “Alex” from RoS at some point last night, too …

So, that’s two Rapido locos purchased not from Light Railway Stores

As if that isn’t bad enough and requiring a double face palm emoji, guess who has just had an invoice direct from Rapido for the balance of payment for the “Alex” liveried Hunslet loco that I paid a deposit of £25 for sometime in the distant past and completely forgot about until the email arrived?

Go on…

Guess!

😳

What to do? What to do!!

I could complete my order from Rapido and then try to sell my second “Alex” as brand new, unopened etc etc

Or I could cancel my order with Rapido and forfeit the £25 deposit!

(If only it was as easy to see what I have paid deposits upon with Rapido as it is with other companies, I might not have forgotten I had done so!)

All I can say is, Planet Industrials please announce your next loco so I can focus upon buying your products!!

HOURS OF … WHO AM I KIDDING? I AM SENDING MYSELF BARMY!

Edited by SteveyDee68
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 26/01/2023 at 10:43, cornelius said:

James has been working on the Lambton conversion kit - we should have some progress in the near future.

It would unfortunately have been prohibitively expensive to tool it as a RTR variant as it's a bit of a niche interest.

Was that the 3d print mock up you had on one of the locos in the cabinet at warley?

I really liked the look of that variant 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

I would suggest that what you need is some name and number plates to replace those on the model as supplied.

Yes!! And who can supply those? Narrow Planet/Planet Industrials/Light Railway Stores, of course!!

Got a set of plates from them for one of my Victories to wear - “Lillibet”, after our late Queen Elizabeth II - so I guess I need to either (a) find out if “Alex” had a stablemate (and thus a genuine name) or (b) find a suitable partner name for “Alex” (assuming I keep that name and get matching plates)

Otherwise, suitable “paired” nameplates on a postcard …

Bill & Ben?

Torvill & Dean?

Laurel & Hardy?

Burke & Hare?

Bit more train related …

Flanders & Swann

HOURS OF FUN!

• Like 1

On 28/01/2023 at 16:15, big jim said:

Was that the 3d print mock up you had on one of the locos in the cabinet at warley?

I really liked the look of that variant 

Indeed it was… I’m expecting the test etch for the spectacle plates imminently - if all fits as expected I’ll order the production parts. These have been produced from photographs, not drawings and with input an help from a number of kind modellers who have shared their collection with me. That said, I welcome more feedback, if you don’t think it looks right when you see it please let me know before we order a bucket load of the printed parts.

For anyone interested, Steve and I will be at Doncaster a week on Saturday so come and say hello!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, willjam39 said:

HI, has anyone had a squeaky Victory? I finally test ran my silver one and it has a quite audible squeak that hasn't gone away with running in. 

Sorry to hear this! If you haven't already done so I would recommend trying a drop of oil on the bearings at each end of the motor - you'll need to carefully detach the speaker enclosure above the gearbox to access the rear bearing. In our experience this clears up the majority of noise issues with the Victory.

If you would prefer not to attempt this or are still having problems afterwards drop us a line to info@planetindustrials.co.uk and we can take a look at it for you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

45 minutes ago, Paperlad said:

Hi all,

Is there any update on delivery schedule for the sound fitted models? I appreciate that there are difficulties with decoder supply but any info would be appreciated.

Many  thanks.

PL

With Zimo sound chips being available might it be better to re-jig the sound onto a Zimo?

Just a thought.

Les

I'd go for Victor and Vulcan if only because I once drove Victor at Longbridge. Well, you know, I held the regulator.! They were big, powerful beasts and moved trains of car flats and 16-ton mineral wagons full of metal swarf. The machine oil on the swarf kept the wagons in better nick than coal did, so most of them ended up at the GCR in the windcutter rake. There was also some smaller 0-6-0STs named Austin 1 etc, which would also make nice models. (CJL)

• Like 1