Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, scots region said:

My ROD example will be getting a Shedmate, they just need a shunting plank to run around on. 

Or a shelf..........here's one I made earlier and may well repeat.........

post-14122-0-69734200-1457728578_thumb-1-01.jpeg.e75ce4873d467cab49c611016024d545.jpeg

Rob. 

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• James Hilton changed the title to 16 hours left - £99 sale - Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...
8 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

And we are now into the last few hours of the sale …

And it might be a long time before these are produced again …

If ever …

The FOMO is strong … 

😵‍💫

Come on, you know you want to order another one don't you..... 😉 

• RMweb Premium

So far this 'bargain' £99 2nd Kerr Stuart Victory and etches (for 666/667) that PI have tempted me with has cost me another £250 .... firstly a book on railways in the Newport area ... a 2nd hand 42xx ... and very shortly a 15xx from my local model shop .... and I've seen 2 others that I'd like ... what's worse is I don't really model in 4mm .... I'm supposed to be building a West Highland layout in N and an S&DJR layout in 3mm !!!!

Think I'll be glad when they've all gone ! LoL

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Well I caved yesterday and ordered another one. That was about twenty mins before the one I ordered at the weekend, arrived. I'm up to four now, plan is to use one of the green ones to make LH&JC No.41 in its green LH&JC Livery phase with as-built bunker. Then the latest order, a plain black one, to make No.41 in its later years with the flat rear bunker in NCB livery. Hopefully I'll get the mechanical lubricator correct for the each particular period.

The other two, a red and a green. Will be left as made. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 03060 said:

So far this 'bargain' £99 2nd Kerr Stuart Victory and etches (for 666/667) that PI have tempted me with has cost me another £250 .... firstly a book on railways in the Newport area ... a 2nd hand 42xx ... and very shortly a 15xx from my local model shop .... and I've seen 2 others that I'd like ... what's worse is I don't really model in 4mm .... I'm supposed to be building a West Highland layout in N and an S&DJR layout in 3mm !!!!

Must be really good model to tempt you from the dark side.... 👍 😉 

• Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Paul_sterling said:

I'm up to four now

Anything railway related always looks so much better when collected/shown in odd numbers …

Just saying …

Steve S

PS

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on!*

* Two can play at that game! 😆

Edited by SteveyDee68
Missing words!!
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, 03060 said:

My wallet will be ecstatic! 🤣

Problem is that pesky thing called PayPal pay-in-3 which is interest free and splits payments over three months…

So £99 in one hit becomes £33 (for three months) and you barely notice the next two payments!

Of course, if you end up buying THREE of them in rapid succession then you are back to the £99 hit … but for three consecutive months!! 🫢

My name is Steve and I’m a shunting locomotive addict. It has been 5 days since I last purchased one…

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

44 minutes ago, Paul_sterling said:

Well I caved yesterday and ordered another one. That was about twenty mins before the one I ordered at the weekend, arrived. I'm up to four now, plan is to use one of the green ones to make LH&JC No.41 in its green LH&JC Livery phase with as-built bunker. Then the latest order, a plain black one, to make No.41 in its later years with the flat rear bunker in NCB livery. Hopefully I'll get the mechanical lubricator correct for the each particular period.

The other two, a red and a green. Will be left as made. 

Get some nameplates for the last two mentioned.

Port and Starboard?

🤪

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

It appears that my plain black example has landed.......at the second attempt. 

The postie, God bless him, just tried to hand me a rather odd shaped box and fortunately I checked and noted it was addressed to Kirsty. I'm not one of those, not even on Sundays and I obviously brought it to his attention. 

A return to the van, a quick rummage and a far more agreeably shaped box emerged, smaller and much better presented than Kirsty's rather odd looking example. 

I'm off to unwrap accordingly. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Well, first run suggests a bit of a growler in reverse.........but, dim problem as I reckon a drop of oil on the motor bearings will sort this, as per my first example. 

Otherwise splendid. 

Rob. 

• Like 3

• James Hilton changed the title to Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...
54 minutes ago, cornelius said:

Haha no not quite, that's the new high score. 

So, someone has one more model than there were prototype locomotives! 👏

The competitive part of my brain has heaved a huge sigh of relief - there is absolutely no point in trying to compete with that! 🤣

Also a relief to discover that someone has the Victory fever worse than me! 🤣

That Euro Lottery winner was on TV a short time ago - he’s not a railway modeller by any chance is he? 🤔😁

Thankfully the deadline has passed and I can no longer be tempted…

Oh, what’s this email message from your good selves I see in my inbox?

Noooooooooooooooooo!!

🫣

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3