Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

East Midlands has the majority of Cargo for the area. That's where it will be hiding.

Is Accurascale in Ireland? If so then Dublin Might be the one to watch?

P

Not much from the Far East goes to East Midlands, mostly parcels from Europe plus one or two from the USA.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Pendennis said:

Not much from the Far East goes to East Midlands, mostly parcels from Europe plus one or two from the USA.

Yes but please don’t shatter my hopes ( er….delusions ) I can even read the DHL logo on the aircraft as it passes over my house down towards EMA…to the extent that occasionally I witness the undercarriage lowered. I mean..how close is that ? 

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Correction
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Ian Hargrave said:

Yes but please don’t shatter my hopes ( er….illusions ) I can even read the DHL logo on the aircraft as it passes over my house down towards EMA…to the extent that occasionally I witness the undercarriage lowered. I mean..how close is that ? 

all we can confirm is that it’s coming direct cargo rather than general airfreight due to the volume. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

What is general cargo?

General cargo are items that do not fall into the Special Cargo categories and that do not require any extra precautions or special handling during air transport. These types of items are retail and most consumer goods (with the exception of mobile phones, tablets and laptops) , dry goods, hardware, textiles, and more. Think of your average, everyday objects; most of those would fall into the general cargo area.

https://www.iata.org/en/publications/newsletters/iata-knowledge-hub/what-types-of-cargo-are-transported-by-air/#:~:text=General cargo are items that,hardware%2C textiles%2C and more.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, McC said:

all we can confirm is that it’s coming direct cargo rather than general airfreight due to the volume. 

i.e. dedicated cargo aircraft so not belly load of passenger flight.

Does this include including DHL/UPS/Fedex etc (nominally bulk movement of aggregated smaller consignments delivered via company's own logistics chain)

Or dedicated transport (non-logistics) operator i.e. Cargolux, Cathay Pacific freighter or similar bulk transport of shipments arranged/contracted/chartered by others.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

So why don't those who are so, so keen to get theirs asap hire a hot air balloon and hover over the airport, watching the eastern horizon with bated breath?

Why do that when you can just track on Flightradar24???

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Why do that when you can just track on Flightradar24???

Slight issue with that - we don’t know which flight / airline / arrival airport… once we have that, we can track to our hearts content 😎

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Neal Ball said:

Slight issue with that - we don’t know which flight / airline / arrival airport… once we have that, we can track to our hearts content 😎

If you were up there in a hot air balloon, or possibly a Sopwith Camel, you could identify the aircraft immediately by the GWR roundel on the fuselage.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

Received a e-mail from Key Publishing  dispatching pre-ordered 7802 exclusive model  from August the 7th.

Like wise for mine and all paid for. Glad managed to get a Sound one ordered as well to. As forgot how few were going to be. 

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, McC said:

Is the aircraft coal fired, does it need watering stops ?

Perhaps its fitted with a Water scoop ?

• Like 2
  • Funny 3