Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
On 27/04/2024 at 12:31, Michael Hodgson said:

If you've beaten the wire flat, shouldn't you be drilling a nice square hole?😀

Not if you keep a nice round 'unbeaten tail' on the end for fixing into a round hole. (I must admit to having problems when it comes to drilling rectangular, or even square, holes.)

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Not if you keep a nice round 'unbeaten tail' on the end for fixing into a round hole. (I must admit to having problems when it comes to drilling rectangular, or even square, holes.)

No longer a problem. ;-)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

A heads up on an article in the latest MRJ 303 where GWR modeller deluxe Gerry Beale converts the Manor to EM gauge.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

On 19/04/2024 at 19:14, exmoordave said:

I have done as suggested by McC above and look forward to a positve response. Many thanks in anticipation.

Unless there's a problem with my PC, my grandson has been deleting items accidentally or I've been overdoing the Peruvian beaujolais, , I havn't heard back from Accurascale Re: my query above?

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, exmoordave said:

Unless there's a problem with my PC, my grandson has been deleting items accidentally or I've been overdoing the Peruvian beaujolais, , I havn't heard back from Accurascale Re: my query above?

Did you actually send your email? I've had that memory blip before

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Did you actually send your email? I've had that memory blip before

And get a confirmation? There’s an automatic response once any email reaches us. If not try one of the other methods of contact?

I got home  late from a long flight on Sunday and  was only able to skim MRJ 303 with Gerry Beale’s article . I’ve had more time this morning to take it in . I’m reassured by the actual conversion to EM and equally inspired and daunted by the other works carried out by Gerry . The quality of the design , the product and Gerry’s further work shine though ! Just got to wait for Ultrascale to deliver their beautiful wheels now .

Thanks to all concerned .

Ken 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, McC said:

And get a confirmation? There’s an automatic response once any email reaches us. If not try one of the other methods of contact?

I did not receive an acknowledgement, so I have just now sent an email outlining the problem. Many thanks & I look forward to a positive response. Many thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, McC said:

Nope, I meant did he forget to send his email and I'VE forgotten (mind blip) to send ones too.

Phil

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Had my 7808 out today to look at CVs for @Pierre Le Brun. Also set it up properly on ECoS which means the functions are clearly identifiable. It really is a superb model both looks and sounds. Just need to get a sound chip for 7812 to bring it up to spec …. 

• Like 2