Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

If you consider that now and indeed the last couple of years Bachmann have manufactured sound models to be compatible with dc running and publicise the fact,albeit with limited capabilities,you get the picture. I have zero knowledge of how this operates. But it does. Now Accurascale,without actually publicising or maybe without even the actual knowledge or experience of it are perhaps unwittingly offering a similar capability. The electronics I cannot explain.If it works then that’s fine for me.As I have said,I have a nearly new Gaugemaster Combi . In your case,it will depend upon the suitability of your controller and is age & electronics

Thats really interesting to know . I run DC . I had contemplated a Sound fitted Deltic but one of my friends told me speed would be severely impacted . He had a Bachmann sound 37 (not the current release but the previous one) which he said had sound but crawled round the layout . 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

That will teach me to read stuff ref the DC Compatible, presumably not requiring the selection of the DC Functionon the Loco chip, from a DCC  Handset?

Most, if not all decoders (sound or non sound) come with DC running enabled by default. AFAIK this has always been the case.

When using DCC it is recommended this option is turned off as it can have some odd side effects under certain conditions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, foggyjames said:

Well clearly I've also been living under a stone, because I had no idea that DCC-chipped models would move on DC, never mind sound-equipped ones doing their thing on that front, too. Every day's a school day!

Hi James, all Bachmann Locksound models play sound on analogue including  v3.5, v4.0 and v5.0.  I have also just picked up a couple of Bachmann Class 24s with Zimmo sound chips that also play sound on analogue.  Hornby TTS is a diffent system and will NOT work.  Not all models will play sound straight out of the box!  You will probably need to purchase a SPROG and set up a wee programming track to tweak the settings on the chip.  Certainly in the case of the older v3.5 and v4.0 chips these were sent out expecting to operate on 18v AC and one of the CV settings will need lowering to run on 12v DC.  Some of the newer chips seem able to sense voltage levels automatically and make their own internal adustments.   A word of caution, sound chips are triggered by changes in track voltage.  If you have poor electrical connectivity for example, bad rail joints or faulty point blades, sound chips will re-set and the locomotive will stop and start.

My scenery has increased and I should really remake this video.  However this is an example of what can be achieved with sound on analogue:

Edited by Silver Sidelines
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, melmerby said:

Most, if not all decoders (sound or non sound) *come with DC running enabled by default. AFAIK this has always been the case.

When using DCC it is recommended this option is turned off as it can have some odd side effects under certain conditions.

*That I did know as on programming there is the select DC option. However, all this other running on DC is totally new to me. That's probably because I run DCC and have done for yonks. 

Maybe I should change my Test Track that can be DCC OR DC; (& change power source, from an old H & M to one of these modern Gaugemaster things?)

Thanks all. 

What I have discovered is that I can use a DC Power input and run DC only Engines on my layout at the moment but only one circuit really, as my layout is not really divided up, (forgotten what that sectioning is called now) so I could use two DC Controllers to run two Engines in opposite directions! 

I have separate DC control Point Motors except for a couple of Juicers at complex Crossings.

I suppose this shows that I can have fun without huge knowledge of how stuff works BUT I can miss out on certain interesting items?

Phil

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, ChristianA432 said:

Does anyone know when 7818 is going to start being despatched?

On 14/08/2023 at 17:01, AY Mod said:

Are we there yet type posts will be removed.

Unfortunately you have asked the forbidden question.

Your retailer has been informed and your order placed on the naughty shelf.

A 2 week delay has been added to your depatch.

Thank you for shopping with us :-)

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 6
  • Funny 9

2 hours ago, Silver Sidelines said:

Hi James, all Bachmann Locksound models play sound on analogue including  v3.5, v4.0 and v5.0.  I have also just picked up a couple of Bachmann Class 24s with Zimmo sound chips that also play sound on analogue.  Hornby TTS is a diffent system and will NOT work.  Not all models will play sound straight out of the box!  You will probably need to purchase a SPROG and set up a wee programming track to tweak the settings on the chip.  Certainly in the case of the older v3.5 and v4.0 chips these were sent out expecting to operate on 18v AC and one of the CV settings will need lowering to run on 12v DC.  Some of the newer chips seem able to sense voltage levels automatically and make their own internal adustments.   A word of caution, sound chips are triggered by changes in track voltage.  If you have poor electrical connectivity for example, bad rail joints or faulty point blades, sound chips will re-set and the locomotive will stop and start.

My scenery has increased and I should really remake this video.  However this is an example of what can be achieved with sound on analogue:

Thanks!

cheers

James

• Like 1

Sadly there is no sign of Erlestoke or Torquay Manor being sent out to me yet. However, the good news is that I have had a delivery from Fox Transfers ready to change the ID of Torquay Manor when it arrives!

IMG_0782.jpeg.2527939e6b427643b3838aae723c6a96.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Silver Sidelines said:

That video is ace! Loved the sound through the tunnel especially! :)

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Just received 7802 today.  The first time I have ever pre-ordered a model and also my first Accurascale loco.  I'm delighted with everything - looks wonderful, especially the front end, nothing broken or damaged etc.  I agree with other comments that it is super-heavy to hold (feels like diecast metal) so it should have no problem taking 7 BR(WR) chocolate & cream Mk1's over Talerddig!!  Can't bring myself to add white paint to the buffers, smokebox etc just yet but looking forward to a running session soon!  Well done Accurascale - it's been worth the wait.  Looking forward to seeing what your next steam loco will be!! 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, JST said:

Sadly there is no sign of Erlestoke or Torquay Manor being sent out to me yet. However, the good news is that I have had a delivery from Fox Transfers ready to change the ID of Torquay Manor when it arrives!

IMG_0782.jpeg.2527939e6b427643b3838aae723c6a96.jpeg

Those plates look very nice

I have had some 3D numberplates from Railtec and they really are a huge advance from the stuff we used to see from etchers. 

Lovely stuff

4 hours ago, Northmoor MPD said:

1. Maybe they have told you Monday as a worst case scenario?

2. Maybe they only have one person packing and dispatching? 
3. Maybe they are packing and sending in relation to when they received the order? (Mine arrived yesterday but I ordered on the day they were announced).

4. All above could be incorrect but keep complaining on a forum isn’t going to speed up delivery to you.

Yes your right , I should mind my manors . 

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

On 16/08/2023 at 13:23, Sam*45110*SVR said:

My DC Bradley Manor has arrived today in a nice lined green box. Will add pictures shortly.

Edit: pics added

20230816_132935.jpg

20230816_133115.jpg

20230816_133134.jpg

Treasure this model. I have just been informed that there is a problem with the production run and my order has been cancelled. It doesn't say how many will not be delivered but this is very disappointing having paid the deposit very quickly after they were announced (a couple of days) and paid the full balance within half an hour of the request for it. Hornby Magazine have said that they will provide a full refund as well as a gesture of good will voucher.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

3 minutes ago, B15nac said:

Mine has been cancelled to! I paid my deposit all that time ago when it was first announced an paid in full a few weeks ago within a hour of being asked! So disappointed. How has this happened.

Same here! 

Absolutely gutted. Also paid deposit immediately on release and full balance quickly after.

Would love a bit more detail on the reasoning, will have to follow up with Key publishing :-(

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

My Bradley Manor also arrived today 

I echo what most have already said - a stunning model with some nice weight to it.

One thing I appreciated  that I don't think has been previously mentioned here (and I have not seen other manufacturers doing)  is that the supplied list of DCC (Sound etc) functions includes the CVs for setting the volumes of each sound function along with the original values. Very useful info that you often have to work out for yourself (usually with a detailed hunt through a lengthy online document to identify the CVs and then reading each CV back to make note of the original values before you make any changes

• Like 1

I've replied asking whether there is any chance of some being added to any future runs of manors with those who had an order cancelled being offered a first refusal. It sounds like it affects more that I thought it may if some who ordered one immediately haven't got one. Such as shame.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Ben7820 said:

Same here! 

Absolutely gutted. Also paid deposit immediately on release and full balance quickly after.

Would love a bit more detail on the reasoning, will have to follow up with Key publishing :-(

This is very disappointing and a little surprising as they were available for pre order on the Hornby Mag site until pretty recently (I know because I kept hovering over that button but in the end thought 1 Manor is enough for a 'north of England' themed layout!!)

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

13 minutes ago, B15nac said:

Mine has been cancelled to! I paid my deposit all that time ago when it was first announced an paid in full a few weeks ago within a hour of being asked! So disappointed. How has this happened.

Really weird situation, especially to only find out once other people had already received the exact same model. Presumably one of the Accurascale lads can shed some light, quite quick to reply I find which is refreshing!

• Like 1

I received the same email as well.

Gutted of course but there are worse things in the world to be upset about in my opinion. Perhaps it'll make a reappearance as an Accurascale Exclusive in the next run? (Wishful thinking I know) May those who have received their models enjoy them with much enthusiasm!

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2