RMweb

How to settle the 00/EM/P4 war.......

newbryford

• newbryford changed the title to How to settle the 00/EM/P4 war.......
39 minutes ago, LBRJ said:

Scary thing is that 87 people have bought one

:(

Presumably if it was for 4mm scale only 76 people would have bought one... :jester:

Considering the thread title it’s amusing that it’s actually H0 scale and thus sidesteps the 4mm scale gauge debate entirely...

As it’s supposedly ‘in the Western style’ perhaps it could be used to model this more comedic scene: 

Also what was the thread title before it got changed?

Edited by 009 micro modeller
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

More aimed at military modellers though.

Don't Dapol make a stocks and pillory set? They weren't exactly a fun thing either despite the idea that people just had rotten fruit thrown at them or their feet being tickled.

Usually used as a prelude to things like having ears removed or being branded.

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/c073-village-stocks-589

• RMweb Gold

To be fair to Dapol, I think the intention of their stocks and pillory kit is to represent preserved items on village greens.  There are a few gibbets still around as well, but not the whole scaffold as per Outland Models. I believe one does still exist at Chelmsford Prison, though.  The iron curtain towers are pretty unequivocal as well.  Disturbing.

14 minutes ago, 009 micro modeller said:

Yes - I would have thought the actual use of them would largely pre-date the railways.

According to Wikipedia, the last use in England (at Newbury) was in 1872.  Quite a few railways around by then!

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

8 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

More aimed at military modellers though.

Don't Dapol make a stocks and pillory set? They weren't exactly a fun thing either despite the idea that people just had rotten fruit thrown at them or their feet being tickled.

Usually used as a prelude to things like having ears removed or being branded.

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/c073-village-stocks-589

Part of the ex Triang Model Land (Real Estate) series.

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, The Johnster said:

To be fair to Dapol, I think the intention of their stocks and pillory kit is to represent preserved items on village greens.  There are a few gibbets still around as well, but not the whole scaffold as per Outland Models. I believe one does still exist at Chelmsford Prison, though.  The iron curtain towers are pretty unequivocal as well.  Disturbing.

Any more disturbing than the Airfix dead soldiers used on WW1 layouts and dioramas since the 60’s / 70’s? I grew up with plenty of varied war comics showing far more graphic scenes of death. 

The OO camp has rather a lot of rail guns thanks to Oxford Diecast, I think that’s a far more ominous advantage. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1