REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

Hi how do I turn off the internal lights. I have fitted my one with a esu sound chip if that make any difference. Thank you

Richard

The internal lights are wired via the wheels/track as there is not enough wires on the internal 8Pin plug (9 Required) to operate them via the decoder. Rewiring them and fitting a separate decoder is the way to go here.

Hi Charlie

I've been brought a 144 for Xmas in addition to sound one I brought. Luckily it has red seats not blue :-D. Which decoder is best.

Cheers

Lenz Standard.   Cheap and work well, overload protection & Lifelong Warranty.   On our Website too!    Honestly, don't even bother with Hornby/Bachmann.  Charlie

• Like 1

Gave my 144012 a run today (It was bought as a Christmas present and I only had a quick look at it before) and noticed it doesnt like going round right hand bends because the front powered axle will only turn left and not right (the other axle is nice and free to turn both ways), the toilet doesnt have a vent above it (neither is the roofpanel split into 3 as seen in all the reviews) and it says York at both ends instead of one of them saying Leeds.

I watched the video earlier and noticed that that 144012 has a vent above the toilet so do I have a bad one or am I missing something.

Gave my 144012 a run today (It was bought as a Christmas present and I only had a quick look at it before) and noticed it doesnt like going round right hand bends because the front powered axle will only turn left and not right (the other axle is nice and free to turn both ways), the toilet doesnt have a vent above it (neither is the roofpanel split into 3 as seen in all the reviews) and it says York at both ends instead of one of them saying Leeds.

I watched the video earlier and noticed that that 144012 has a vent above the toilet so do I have a bad one or am I missing something.

Suggest you give me a ring.  01132 563415.     Charlie

I think ive been caught out with this! I start a 144 model, and someone is gonna release one in RTR form angry.gif all that sanding and cutting gone to waste dry.gif shall look forward to seeing progress on this model though! given me the kick up the backside to do finnish mine now!NL

Keep cutting and filing! Just got my new class144from real track. What a welcome sight it was. But then came the disappointing bit. Unpacking from the plastic liner revealed equipment box from rear under frame had broken off. Turning the unit over revealed a rattle from inside. On closer inspection there was piece of cable sleeving 10mm long and two partition windows loose inside. On checking the trailer more rattling was noticed which came from two partitions and three loose partition windows. After reassembly an attempt at a test run failed because on the power car one axle's pick-up was not sitting on its roller ! On the whole this model is extremely well detailed but let down by its fragility!

Keep cutting and filing! Just got my new class144from real track. What a welcome sight it was. But then came the disappointing bit. Unpacking from the plastic liner revealed equipment box from rear under frame had broken off. Turning the unit over revealed a rattle from inside. On closer inspection there was piece of cable sleeving 10mm long and two partition windows loose inside. On checking the trailer more rattling was noticed which came from two partitions and three loose partition windows. After reassembly an attempt at a test run failed because on the power car one axle's pick-up was not sitting on its roller ! On the whole this model is extremely well detailed but let down by its fragility!

Did you get the unit in the post, if so very sorry about the damage. Most seem to have arrived ok. but we have sent out over 470 via Royal Mail.  Sadly a few are going to get thrown about.

If you want it sorting out, please ring 01132 563415.   Charlie

Decoder Issues on Realltrack Class 144s

Hi there, REALTRACK here!! I sat down some time ago with decoders:

Hornby & Bachmann, Gaugemaster, DCC Concepts. Mixed Results!

TCS, ESU, Zimo. Far better.

Lenz Standard. 100% Result. Everytime perfect.

And at only £20.00 ish including postage from ourselves via our website then no point in my mind using anything else.

The motors in the 144 are a special smaller type to be 'Not Seen' , using the larger Bachmann style would be fine but we had to hide it, we accept the design is not ideal with the circuit board being in a different car to the motor, but we have little room and could not use a 6Pin or 21Pin.

The 8Pin plug & socket has caused issues between the cars, this plug/socket is intentionally sloppy as a 4 wheeled long wheel based unit has enough problems to overcome without adding a tight/fixed 8Pin plug between the cars. The lights issue is odd, normally the problem is that customers connect them incorrectly, IE the bottom 4 male pins put into the top 4 female holes, THEN the lights and other things go haywire!!!!!

ANY issues please contact us directly customerservices@realtrackmodels.co.uk or ring 01132 563415 Mon-Thurs 9am-1pm & 6pm-8pm. Ask for Charlie

A Help section will be on the website in the new year.

HAVE A GOOD 31st EVENING!

Edited by charliepetty

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Was just looking no the Realtrack web site for Lenz decoders, and noticed the Working Scharfenberg Couplers. This sounds very interesting, because its a fair representation of the BSI coupler and works well in N on Dapol Sprinters. 

Hi Charlie,

first chance i have had to run  the 144. this was my christmas present from my wife. I test run it on our club layout and it    :sungum: performed superbly . the guys in the club thought it was a cracking model :O Saving up hard so i can purchase another one.      Well done to charlie and arran  :no:  

cheers joe. fmrc  

• 3 weeks later...

hello everyone

I and anyone want buy realtrack class 143 regional railways

http://www.bdrs70d.co.uk/CT_images/liveries_dmu/dmuLi44.jpg

anyone know or dont know by release due?

thank you

The Arriva Trains Wales & First Great Western ones are first, later this year.  Then we are looking at other liveries, probably Wessex Trains 'Visit Bristol' Livery!

• Like 1

ANOTHER RUMOUR you have now started!!!!

The 'KITS' are to be started on over Christmas, over 80 on order!    January I promise.

Charlie,

How are these orders progressing now its halfway through February?

Other email seems to not get through.

Jeff

(in Aus)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Cheers Charlie.

Its "Model of the year" for me.

Simply stunning, well done.

Jon

A 2nd batch of 150 each Northern Purple/Blue are due here during May as 1st batch now sold out.   NO MORE WILL BE DONE of these numbers. (144012 & 144007)

Congratulations Arran and Charlie, the Class 144 was the winner in the 'oo' gauge multiple unit category in the joint RM Web/MRE/Model Rail Model of the Year poll. It got my vote. Realtrack were also 3rd for the 'oo' gauge manufacturer of the year only beaten by the Blue and Red box. Well done

Congratulations Arran and Charlie, the Class 144 was the winner in the 'oo' gauge multiple unit category in the joint RM Web/MRE/Model Rail Model of the Year poll. It got my vote. Realtrack were also 3rd for the 'oo' gauge manufacturer of the year only beaten by the Blue and Red box. Well done

Have the results been announced haven't seen them on here yet?

• Like 2

Have the results been announced haven't seen them on here yet?

I got them from the April edition Model Rail, which I picked up yesterday from my usual source, Mankim Models in Colchester. They had just received their stock