REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

Have the results been announced haven't seen them on here yet?

The subs copies of the mag should have been out on Monday and the results were going to go out then but I may as well release them now.

A brilliant result for winning the DMU of the year award. I voted for such an outcome as I think its richly deserved and sets the standards for what can be done.

Its also deserved for the work the Realtrack team have put into the project and I only hope its follow up class mates are soon on stream and arrivng here soon to much fanfaire and flange...

• 2 weeks later...

Is it true that Real Track Models won Model of the Year for the Pacer? I voted! 

Hows the Wessex Trains 143 coming? Settled for running numbers and liveries yet?

HI All

The artworks about done for the 143,

Regards Arran

post-530-0-03793100-1395423987_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

HI All

The artworks about done for the 143,

Regards Arran

Looks fantastic, I am actually excited to see the painting fade on this model! (The big manufacture of a Class 150/2 says they cannot do it, good for them to be proven wrong)

When are the 143s due?

Looks fantastic, I am actually excited to see the painting fade on this model! (The big manufacture of a Class 150/2 says they cannot do it, good for them to be proven wrong)

When are the 143s due?

We have not even got a 'youseesoon' response yet, so no idea!

• 1 month later...

I ordered an Northern Rail (Pre 2011 livery) last wednesday and i can't wait for it to arrive the main reason i brought one was because i saw it at the York Model railway show and well i sort of fell in love. how long does it usually take to deliver by royal mail.

Thanks

Jamie D

• RMweb Gold

Hi jamie.dunn, i've just read your post, and I think the answer to your question will rely upon two things. The first is when Realtrack have the new batch of class 144's in stock, and are therefore ready to take orders. Secondly, is posssibly your place in a queue of orders. But if you did select Royal Mail Special Delivery, when the unit is posted, it should arrive the following working day. Hope that this is of some help.

All the best

Market65

Ah ok i know that the Up to date Northern Rail one sold out which is why i ordered the Pre 2011 one. I'll get a chance to go to the bank today at some point so i'll see if any money has been taken i'll know if its been dispatched. Me being me i thought i clicked the special delivery button But i must off missed it :P but aslong as she comes then i'm not too bothered :).

Thanks for the reply market65

Thanks 

Jamie D

Edited by jamie.dunn

It must of been you i talked to on Tuesday Charlie. The only reason i rang was just to make sure I wasn't left in the dark. But i rang up after the times on your website and you still picked up so thank you now i know the situation with the 144. 

thanks can't wait till it does arrive.

Jamie D

• 3 months later...

Good evening ~ My 1st Post so please excuse a potentially dumb question! Does anyone know where the topic of a Class 141 Leyland 2 car 'railbus' went?  It seemed to go quiet despite posts/pictures to DC Kits in 2010.  I for one would welcome re-opening the debate since I am modelling a Dewsbury/Mirfield layout in 4mm and in the 1980s and it would benefit from at least 2 original green/white WYPTE "Torville and Deans".  Always a market for those modelling Iranian Railways also I believe!      

• RMweb Premium

MTK produced the 140 and 141 as kits, but not for the inexperienced modeller! NTK might still have the moulds to produce the kit?

A 141 would be useful, but for a manufacturer they'd need to see the was a market sufficient to recover the costs of research, development, tooling and production.

Its a shame Tower Models didn't produce the proposed long window bay Leyland National kit, because that would give the raw material for the scratch build / cut and shut model. The Hornby 142 body shell and glazing offer the raw material, but the doors need moving and the roof narrowing back to the bus width of 8' 2". Plus still the question of a decent underframe and running gear too. . . . .? Indeed a Realtrack 144 underframes and running gear would at least offer modern running qualities and DCC control / lighting.

Although a very common DMU for anyone modelling rail operations in Yorkshire & Humberside from 1984 to the late 1990s. Or Iranian Railways, or the Weardale Railway!

Edited by richierich

• RMweb Gold

Hi, cactustwirly. I've changed them on my 144. I found that, with the 'BSI' dummy couplers being an 'impossible' fit, that I decided to pare off some of the plastic from the stem. This narrowed it a bit. If I remember correctly - I removed about no more than about 1mm all round - but that was before last Christmas! Anyway, the couplings then just nicely fitted into the slot. I hope that this might be of some help - as always, only remove a tiny bit at a time, it is much easier than trying to add it back!

All the best,

Market65.

Edited by Market65