• RMweb Gold
On 10/05/2022 at 16:08, Roy Langridge said:

For the cylinder on the roof of the locos, I don't know if anybody said what it is, but I would guess it to be the Cab-Shore Radio (CSR) antenna. On stock that was not built with CSR it was often an addition on the roof like that - certainly it was like that on the Class 205 DEMUs that I worked on.

If you mean the circular appendages on 87101's cab roofs then I also think that could be the reason for them. And thanks for the kind comment on the layout. I'm starting to think about phase 2 which will be an extension to the left - about the same dimensions. I also pondering a long term aim to extend to the back and have a main line section at the higher level, but that is years off so it may change many times!

Tim

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Class 91 ticked off the list. For some strange reason the vertical outer edges of the windscreen recess were white, so I masked them off and painted them black. My heart sank when I first saw the pan which is based on the rubbish class 87 pan, but the middle section seems to be made of a tougher plastic and it is poseable. There is also a thin bit of wire to make it behave a little more like a pantograph.

A lovely model it is and I think it will get denamed and renumbered to 91001.

DSCF0478.JPG

I have one on the way. I’ll keep the number, but will be denaming it. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

I have one on the way. I’ll keep the number, but will be denaming it. 

The original livery is the best. Followed by GNER IMHO, but that's too late. I'm not keen on privitisation apart from that one livery! :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/04/2022 at 06:59, 97406 said:

That looks good and it will be ideal for when the layout goes all around the room as there will be 2 (or more) running lines either in front of the existing depot, or behind it on top of the existing cutting and retaining walls. Or both! 

However at this stage it will be very much a ‘one engine in …err… “steam” ’ layout, even with the initial extension, so the likes of the Gaugemaster Prodigy looks to fit the bill at the moment.

Update to diesel in throb or electric in hum perhaps.

• RMweb Gold

And then there were three. The Gaugemaster decoder in the 86 seems to be locked to 28 (or maybe even 14) speed steps. I can't shift it.

The 37 and 40 have Dapol decoders and the slow running is ace!

DSCF0482.JPG

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 97406 said:

And then there were three. The Gaugemaster decoder in the 86 seems to be locked to 28 (or maybe even 14) speed steps. I can't shift it.

The 37 and 40 have Dapol decoders and the slow running is ace!

DSCF0482.JPG

Legomanbiffo if you fit aftermarket sounds, and use ESU chips if you can

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Legomanbiffo if you fit aftermarket sounds, and use ESU chips if you can

I have a 21 pin class 40 sound chip and megabass speaker on its way as it happens.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

With the Class 86 and its Gaugemaster Ruby decoder, I have zeroed CVs 55, 56 and 57 (back EMF) and the loco can crawl now.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 97406 said:

I have a 21 pin class 40 sound chip and megabass speaker on its way as it happens.

if you want to compare, my last class 90 video has factory and Biffo sounds. I think you’ll be able to tell the difference. I am waiting for his to go into my O gauge 56. I think it’ll scream the house down

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

if you want to compare, my last class 90 video has factory and Biffo sounds. I think you’ll be able to tell the difference. I am waiting for his to go into my O gauge 56. I think it’ll scream the house down

Checking it out. A class 86 and 25 are next in line for sound after the 40. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PjKing1 said:

It’s just the tiny little one supplied with the chip if I remember correctly mate 

I’ve got a big’un on order. I want the ground to shake with a 40 on full thrash! 

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, 97406 said:

I’ve got a big’un on order. I want the ground to shake with a 40 on full thrash! 

I used to fit 5w speakers into my O gauge they were rather loud 😉

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 47606odin said:

then you need to sell everything and go O gauge 

Need some decent AC electrics first. I prefer the former JLTRT class 40 to the Heljan one due to the error in the cab windscreen angle on the latter. It looks really strange from certain angles. That 56 of yours looks mint, though!

4A53B488-BF08-4C90-A4FB-4095CB003F67.jpeg

3 hours ago, 97406 said:

Need some decent AC electrics first. I prefer the former JLTRT class 40 to the Heljan one due to the error in the cab windscreen angle on the latter. It looks really strange from certain angles. That 56 of yours looks mint, though!

I haven’t got my grid yet. It’s being illusive. However this arrived today

B8F1AE66-5B98-4B99-8A32-C949A33F065B.jpeg.2452e3c3d6d7c52d550b0a47c1e14187.jpeg

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 97406 said:

I’ve still got a few O gauge locos to be sell if you want anything 😉

• Funny 1