RevolutioN to produce OO Gauge TU013A Caustic Soda Tank

MRDBLUE17

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, andythenorth said:

Is this the one you mean (from Paul's site)? https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/icicausticsodatua

Attractive livery, I'd be interested, assuming it's the same diagram wagon (or even if not).

It is an earlier (similar) design, from memory I think the tank barrel is very similar however the suspension is different (an earlier design).   I know of at least one person who is looking at backdating the model to the earlier version.   Looking at mine it wouldnt be too difficult cutting off the suspension units and replacing with Stenson Models or Cambrian parts 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Fatadder said:

It is an earlier (similar) design, from memory I think the tank barrel is very similar however the suspension is different (an earlier design).

Oh I should have spotted, BSC Friction Pedestal vs. Gloucester, if I remember correctly things I learnt 30 years ago 😛 
Brake gear and other chassis arrangements might be different also.

I have a feeling RevolutioN aren't going to be keen on 'near enough' liveries which don't match the wagon diagram. 
Perhaps a new RevolutioN sub-brand is needed? 🙂

Edited by andythenorth
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 03/07/2023 at 19:10, Revolution Mike said:

The white ICI tanks are not quite the same - from a quick look the suspension / brake and discharge gear are different and the sole bars are a bit different. 

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike for that I hadn’t noticed until looking closely at the photos, your TUA is a brilliant wagon, I’ll definitely be getting a few more.

ben

Edited by Ben86
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

The white ICI tanks are not quite the same - from a quick look the suspension / brake and discharge gear are different and the sole bars are a bit different. 

ImaginatioN? 🙂

I'd buy a couple, wrong chassis or not.  

But then again, many fortunes have probably been lost on rmwebbers saying "well I'd buy a couple". 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Waverley West said:

Just spotted a rather grubby TUA passing through Waverley West in a Speedlink rake...

TUAa.jpg.a412fbad258a0ef19f84c2fe2660d4a5.jpg

TUAb.jpg.ae1c68bb262f0552a9a470bb077abe03.jpg

TUAc.jpg.a26cc8ff9125e465e561fa6bd7b2d25d.jpg

This is the first of at least four to be done. I have another ATO-liveried one and a couple of the ICI versions.

Nice one, guys! A big thanks to Mark and everyone else who made this happen.

Now, about those TTA CO2 tankers...

Oh, and then there's the Scottish Distillers grain polybulk too. 

You know you want to really... 😀😀😀

Cheers

Dave

Now you are talking…. The 2axle CO2 tank would fill a big gap in RTR wagon availability. Hmmm…. Scottish Distillers Grain Polybulk, Yes please!!! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 15/07/2023 at 11:57, steve1 said:

Has anyone tried an EM conversion yet?

steve

Hi Steve,

Rodders has EM’d a pre production sample and another was running on Oldshaw when it was at Glasgow so should be fairly straight forward to drop replacement wheel sets in. You will need to move brake gear to align.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Mark

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all. Owing to an unexpected upsurge in demand for clay slurry in my little part of Lincolnshire that shall forever (in my head) be the South Western division of the Southern Region, I ordered a further TUA yesterday morning at about 10.30 AM. By 11.00 AM this morning it had arrived, undergone acceptance checks and been re-equipped with Kadee couplers prior to entering traffic. 24 hours from ordering to entering traffic seems like it ought to be some sort of record?!  'Speedlink' or what? 

Banter aside, I was truly impressed by the service provided, not to mention the quality of the model. Rainbow Railways and RevolutioN, take a bow - and thank you. :-)

Best wishes,

Paul

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a pair of my ECC liveried TUAs on a friend’s layout last night.  We were having a ‘clay session’.  The wagons ran faultlessly.

I need to weather them.  Can anyone point me to photos of weathered ECC wagons.

Any help much appreciated

IMG_2409.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, mevaman1 said:

I need to weather them.  Can anyone point me to photos of weathered ECC wagons.

Any help much appreciated

There are a few photos on Flickr, plus a couple earlier in this thread.  However for mine (needing to be in late 90s condition) I’ve used photos in Cheona Air Braked Stock vol 3. 

2 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

There are a few photos on Flickr, plus a couple earlier in this thread.  However for mine (needing to be in late 90s condition) I’ve used photos in Cheona Air Braked Stock vol 3. 

Cheers

I have the Cheona book.

Thankyou so much.

Andrew

• 6 months later...

Happened to be in Derby today so had a quick visit to the marvellous emporium that is TTC.

Up there on the shelves were a number of Revolution TUAs in various liveries. The owner explained that TTC have a very good relationship with Rainbow Railways, hence why some of these are in an exclusive model shop in central England. 

A beautiful tank wagon, which along with the Hornby TTA, and the various new bogie tanks really brings liquid transport up to a new level of quality. 

Edited by Covkid
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I nearly purchased some of these so many times and never did. Rainbow Railways’ Easter sale finally made me do it and they arrived today, really well packed (thank you). 

They are superb as others have said and I may have to get a couple more. If you have thought about buying some and haven’t yet, go ahead, you won’t be disappointed. 

Roy

• Like 3
  • Agree 5