RevolutioN to produce OO Gauge TU013A Caustic Soda Tank

MRDBLUE17

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, SHerr said:

I’ve just found this looking for something completely different. I don’t ever recall any references to them working the WHL? Assuming they are the same as the Revolution one?

https://www.jules-merlin27.com/Railways/Loco-hauled-on-the-West-Highland-Railway/i-5n3TTqk/A

Struggling to zoom in on the photo, the third wagon is the type Rainbow have done, the forth is a different diagram (it has a fully coned end). 
The forth looks similar to the TT072H that I’ve 3d printed, but I wasn’t aware of any in blue, so I’m guessing another tta diagram.

2 hours ago, SHerr said:

I’ve just found this looking for something completely different. I don’t ever recall any references to them working the WHL? Assuming they are the same as the Revolution one?

https://www.jules-merlin27.com/Railways/Loco-hauled-on-the-West-Highland-Railway/i-5n3TTqk/A

I can't read the markings at that range.  Is that really caustic soda traffic?  Not a bulk fluid I would naturally associate with the West Highlands.  If I saw a train of tankers there I would have assumed it was another liquid, almost certainly oil.

22 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I can't read the markings at that range.  Is that really caustic soda traffic?  Not a bulk fluid I would naturally associate with the West Highlands.  If I saw a train of tankers there I would have assumed it was another liquid, almost certainly oil.

these appear to be rear three class B fuel oil, pale blue Caib former class S chemical in china clay slurry and the one in front a Tiger TUA almost probably in slurry traffic for Corpach.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I assumed they were clay slurry, I’ve seen photos of Silver Bullets to Corpach but never 4 wheeled tanks.  Unfortunately at present a couple of years late for my mid 80s layout but added benefits to all those other fantastic WHL layouts around for late 80s.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

these appear to be rear three class B fuel oil, pale blue Caib former class S chemical in china clay slurry and the one in front a Tiger TUA almost probably in slurry traffic for Corpach.

C

55 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Caustic soda is used to break down wood fibre when making pulp.

• Informative/Useful 3

55 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

Mark - one of the two Inveresk Clay tanks? https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/inveresktta

And yes, possibly a TUA ex Caustic Acid in China clay slurry traffic. https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/icicausticsodatua/e87e1793f

Paul

• Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

40 minutes ago, 37501 said:

Any news of these please?

Same answer as always: if you want to know the status of any Revolution project just check our project overview page here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/projects/

We don't hold back - if there is news we want to share it will be there if nowhere else.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Revolution Ben said:

Same answer as always: if you want to know the status of any Revolution project just check our project overview page here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/projects/

We don't hold back - if there is news we want to share it will be there if nowhere else.

cheers

Ben A.

Hmmm.  That page is still reporting late last month as the estimated date of delivery to UK for the OO IPAs, albeit also Shipment delayed in transit.  Is Xmas🎄this year going to be very late last month ?

6 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Hmmm.  That page is still reporting late last month as the estimated date of delivery to UK for the OO IPAs, albeit also Shipment delayed in transit.  Is Xmas🎄this year going to be very late last month ?

In the case of the IPAs it states that these are 'shipping from factory to UK'.  I understand that that status is correct and up to date.  They were booked onto a ship scheduled to dock in the UK in 'late September 2022'  and therefore I understand that the expect date is correct.  Revolution have been notified of a delay, so they have added a note to say 'Shipment delayed in transit'.  Presumably they haven't been given a confirmed amended arrival date, so haven't amended the estimated delivery date - the fact that they were expected last month but still haven't arrived is probably as much as Revolution know.  If you look at the 2mm JNA/MMA EALNOS aggregates box wagon, you will notice that the status of these is 'Customs Clearance'.  Presumably Revolution will update the website when the IPAs reach the same status.  Hopefully that will be soon, as I'm waiting for mine.

In the case of the TUA, it states that these and 'in production' and will hopefully be in the UK before the end of the year.  That's all anyone who has purchased these or is thinking of purchasing them needs to know.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Nearly here then.  Just trawled the thread, but we're there any other samples prior to final production? 

Just wondering if there were any ammendments to the colours from the original samples? 

Hi there,

Yes, our feedback did request some alterations to the colours.  The main one being the tank colour for the as-built ICI version has been made slightly 'bluer.'

cheers

Ben A.

4 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi there,

Yes, our feedback did request some alterations to the colours.  The main one being the tank colour for the as-built ICI version has been made slightly 'bluer.'

cheers

Ben A.

Many thanks for the confirmation, as ever look forward to your great products. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

We will update the expected arrival date as soon as we get more info from the factory - they are in the final stages of production.  They won't be here before the end of 2022 now unfortunately.

Sorry!

Mike

Edited by Revolution Mike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, ColinRae said:

News update - OO Gauge TUAs

Production of our TUAs is near complete, however during final checks of production samples we discovered some slight problems with some of the tampo printing (around colour density of some of the printing). Rather than send out a not quite right model Revolution agreed with the factory that they will re-work the liveries on the affected models – this will add a bit of a delay while the models are corrected and we now expect to receive the tanks around April – May (depending on how long the corrections take).

While no one likes a delay we do believe this is the correct decision and not too much longer to wait on what is a cracking model

IMG_1260_Co.JPG

IMG_1287_Co.JPG

So will some still be delivered as planned? 

• Like 1