Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

19 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

As we await the final pre-production samples from the factory which will include the latest sound file and final speaker setup, the testing of our painted samples has continued. Thanks to Barrow Hill Junction; BR Blue 56008 was given a MGR working very prototypical for the area whilst 56049 was given some mileage on bogie tank wagons.

Link to YouTube video here: 

Please keep an eye out for updates coming soon.

Everything looks and sounds great.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Fantastic layout - wineglass or not! - and supersmooth-operating locomotives.

What about drivers?   Supplied?

Just a thought.

Al.

Drivers to be available separately. We had drivers scanned especially by ModelU. Details to be finalised.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

This is shaping up to be a really superb model. 

Was there any advancements on this e.g. grill styles etc. I'd like to pre-order but want to check this information first:

On 01/05/2023 at 20:45, E100 said:

Has any front/rear artwork been presented anywhere? I'll admit I haven't looked too hard (cavalex website and a few retailers).

On 01/05/2023 at 21:43, E100 said:

An end on shot? As if you were about to be squished.

I.e. this style art work:

CM---56049-Colas-Rail-livery.png?v=16427

but from the first perspective

image.png.b9dac061139e888c66f1bd5490008999.png

(Hope the Accurascale chaps don't mind me placing this here!)

Edited by E100
  • Like 1

What is it that you need to see? All of the models will have the correct grills/cab styles that the prototype had. 049 for instance has different cabs at each end as per the prototype due to crash damage.

1 hour ago, E100 said:

This is shaping up to be a really superb model. 

Was there any advancements on this e.g. grill styles etc. I'd like to pre-order but want to check this information first:

I.e. this style art work:

CM---56049-Colas-Rail-livery.png?v=16427

but from the first perspective

image.png.b9dac061139e888c66f1bd5490008999.png

(Hope the Accurascale chaps don't mind me placing this here!)

Hi E100,

Here are the end views for 56049:

56049-No1end.png.336390c979fa22e034f53ec75a5ce9b7.png

56049-No2end.png.671c6bd378472fa124c4f2554ece368e.png

Hope that helps.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, atom3624 said:

With the 56 so advanced, has there been any consideration for 'future alternatives' to this model?

Perhaps the 69 could be on the agenda?

Al.

Really any point in going head-to-head with Bachmann other then Cavalex spending hard-earned cash?

Roy

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Grimleygrid said:

Hi E100,

Here are the end views for 56049:

56049-No1end.png.336390c979fa22e034f53ec75a5ce9b7.png

56049-No2end.png.671c6bd378472fa124c4f2554ece368e.png

Hope that helps.

Yes, those are absolutely what I was after. Is there somewhere these have been published? If not 56049 was a bad example (for me at least) commendable as it is to get the crash damage right. I'm really interested in seeing 56008/56070/56093/56120 if that's at all possible.

This would be a firm Rule 1 purchase for Fort William but based on our chat at MRS and seeing the way this is shaping up and soft spot I can't resist at least 1 example.

52 minutes ago, E100 said:

Yes, those are absolutely what I was after. Is there somewhere these have been published? If not 56049 was a bad example (for me at least) commendable as it is to get the crash damage right. I'm really interested in seeing 56008/56070/56093/56120 if that's at all possible.

This would be a firm Rule 1 purchase for Fort William but based on our chat at MRS and seeing the way this is shaping up and soft spot I can't resist at least 1 example.

Hi we have the artwork for these but it's a long job extracting them for publication. What is the reason that you need to see these? I really don't understand?

16 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

My bad.

Not realised Bachmann were going ahead with a 69.

Al.

It was one of the last things they announced before moving to their new policy of only announcing items which they expect to appear in the next 3 months.
I suspected they planned to follow it with a 56 (because it is a logical progression & a fairly large class) but who knows?

The Cavalex 56 looks very promising & I am looking forward to getting mine.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

We have no doubt a Bachmann 56 will follow their 69, based on logic alone. However we are still very confident in our model given what we have put into the project and how detailed and accurate the model has turned out to be.

Edited by RBE
  • Like 15

10 minutes ago, RBE said:

We have no doubt a Bachmann 56 will follow their 69, based on logic alone. However we are still very confident in our model given what we have put into the project and how detailed and accurate the model has turned out to be.

If you do decide to do a 69 then I think a number of us will be waiting for those too (unless Bachmann get a move on). 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, RBE said:

Hi we have the artwork for these but it's a long job extracting them for publication. What is the reason that you need to see these? I really don't understand?

I just wanted to see the front end to get a better feel for how the model will look in it's various guises. Don't worry.

20 minutes ago, E100 said:

I just wanted to see the front end to get a better feel for how the model will look in it's various guises. Don't worry.

No problem. We will get some drawings on here tomorrow. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Ive been quite hooked since seeing the Romanian blue one with round buffers.

What's not to like about a Romanian with round buffers?

• Like 2
  • Funny 6

9 hours ago, RBE said:

A little touchy , but see the accurascale threads ....

Make a model and engage in forums/ social media and you'll get a thousand arcane requests and " when's it coming " type posts .

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, newbryford said:

What's not to like about a Romanian with round buffers?

Ohhhh Michael!!

The only fault is the Romanian with round buffers!! is it comes with dangling pipes...🤔 screams a lot....after a good run hot and sweaty inside and a heavy smoking habit oh and many men have had a ride or two!😀

Well that's me banned from rmweb! Queue the woke brigade...

• Funny 6