Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EFE Adams O2 tank.

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

No as the LSWR pull push system was mechanical (wire and pulley) and not the air operated system adopted by the SR in the early thirties. 

So am I right in deducing that 205 wasnt wire&pulley fitted, but could be renumbered fairly easily to one that was as there is little difference in appearance? (ie no presence or otherwise of an airpump to worry about) 

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, stephennicholson said:

So am I right in deducing that 205 wasnt wire&pulley fitted, but could be renumbered fairly easily to one that was as there is little difference in appearance? (ie no presence or otherwise of an airpump to worry about) 

A lot of very visible pulley and wire gubbings needed on the cab roof (but no air pump)! 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon Graham,

Is there an ETA please, I couldn't see one on the announcement details posted by Andy AYMod?

Apologies if it is clear elsewhere.

Cheers, Nigel.

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, GMKAT7 said:

Good afternoon Graham,

Is there an ETA please, I couldn't see one on the announcement details posted by Andy AYMod?

Apologies if it is clear elsewhere.

Cheers, Nigel.

Imminent May/June

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Posted (edited)

Hello Graham,

Brilliant, thanks very much.

I can now get my order placed whilst managing my other outgoings 😊

Just need to decide which BR version to go for.

Edit: Order now placed for 30199, it had a year at Eastleigh late on.

Cheers, Nigel.

Edited by GMKAT7
Added info.

Is 30199 showing a welded side tank repair? I don't recall seeing that on these models previously. It's not on my original 30225 (since renumbered to 30200)....

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Afternoon, I am considering getting one of the new Olive Green 02s for my Isle of White fleet but would want to rename it. I have trawled the internet but having no luck so does any one know of anywhere where I could get transfers for for the nameplate surround? I suspect they may not be done as they aren't a set size but maybe someone on here will known different!

Edited by Karl

22 hours ago, Karl said:

Afternoon, I am considering getting one of the new Olive Green 02s for my Isle of White fleet but would want to rename it. I have trawled the internet but having no luck so does any one know of anywhere where I could get transfers for for the nameplate surround? I suspect they may not be done as they aren't a set size but maybe someone on here will known different!

I believe that Alan Gibson does or used to do a complete set of etched plates for all the Isle of Wight locos in 4mm, if that is of any help.

All the best

Ray

Posted (edited)

Had a quick look, but could not find anything, so assume no longer available.

Don't know if anyone else does them.

By the way, my local shop has received the new models today.

Edited by wainwright1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, wainwright1 said:

Thanks for that, and for having a look. Sadly, it's not the nameplate that I am struggling to find. It is if anyone does transfers for the black and white painted surround. I'm guessing not as they are not a standard size being dependant on the name but thought someone may have produced a transfer sheet with a couple of different sizes. Looks like it's a steady hand painting job.

Edited by Karl

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Karl said:

Thanks for that, and for having a look. Sadly, it's not the nameplate that I am struggling to find. It is if anyone does transfers for the black and white painted surround. I'm guessing not as they are not a standard size being dependant on the name but thought someone may have produced a transfer sheet with a couple of different sizes. Looks like it's a steady hand painting job.

May be worth talking to @railtec-models to see if they could do anything? 

1 hour ago, Nick C said:

May be worth talking to @railtec-models to see if they could do anything? 

That's not a bad shout actually. Should've thought about that myself as I've lots of smokebox numberplate from them! Thanks!

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Karl said:

thought someone may have produced a transfer sheet with a couple of different sizes.

You actually only need one long one as it can be cut and then overlaid on the first half to the appropriate length. 

11 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

You actually only need one long one as it can be cut and then overlaid on the first half to the appropriate length. 

That's a good point, but I can't find anyone that does it as a transfer. Nick C's suggestion of contacting Railtec is a good shout I think.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Karl said:

That's a good point, but I can't find anyone that does it as a transfer. Nick C's suggestion of contacting Railtec is a good shout I think.

Steve’s transfers would be good for it too as they are so thin, seeing if he could do a sheet with numbers and even the plates but that would probably mean two separate sheets as I guess the multi layers are a different process. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, wainwright1 said:

Nameplates are available from numerous sources.

247 do all of the IoW O2s and a handful of other names.

http://www.247developments.co.uk/ex_sr_names.html

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

The  real  nameplates  are  in  3  different  lengths,  short,  medium  or  long  depending  on  the  name.  If  you  wish  to  rename   without  altering  the  lining  you  should  be  able  to  choose  a  name  in  the  same  group.  Note:  This  is  as  the  original  full  size  items,  I  dont  know  how  well  the  model  nameplates  are  replicated  and  if  they  follow  this  rule.

Pete

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Posted (edited)

Hi Pete.

Fame at last for you in last weeks programme.

Got my new 02s today. Look good, but will see how well they run.

I see that Kernows have announced the LB&SCR A type open wagons today, with several versions for the IoW. Looking good for an IoW layout.

All the best

Ray

Edited by wainwright1

My LSWR 02 arrived today and I ran it in this evening. It ran very well but I have not fitted the couplings yet as it probably will not go back in the box with the couplings fitted. I am modelling the Swanage Railway and I think that the 02s were in an earlier LSWR livery when they ran on the branch line.

P1030664.jpg

P1030665.jpg

P1030666.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, wainwright1 said:

Would the available tooling allow for 02s in original Adams livery and Drummond livery ?

Possible potential for further issues.

It's got a Drummond boiler, hasn't it? Or at least, Drummond chimney.

640px-London_&_Southwestern_Railway_O2_C

[Wikimedia Commons]

• Informative/Useful 1