Mark 2b, By Accurascale and IRM!

• RMweb Premium

There has been no update for a while on these!

Website says (20/10/2023) - https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/nice-2c-progress-mark-2c-decorated-samples-revealed

"With the Mark 2b coaches now almost complete and due to ship from China very soon (look out for an update there in the next week or so!)" and delivery Q4 2023 yet they are still shown as in production!

Any updates for us?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, reddragon said:

There has been no update for a while on these!

Website says (20/10/2023) - https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/nice-2c-progress-mark-2c-decorated-samples-revealed

"With the Mark 2b coaches now almost complete and due to ship from China very soon (look out for an update there in the next week or so!)" and delivery Q4 2023 yet they are still shown as in production!

Any updates for us?

They are in transit, as always, if there is an update, we'll make one :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 23/11/2023 at 09:11, billywhizz said:

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Accurascale announced they are going to do MK2D’s they would be the perfect choice to go with the Deltics. Some nice ScotRail liveried 2D’s would be great as well (hint, hint😜

Just a matter of time before all the Mk2 variants are done the Accurascale way. 

Crying out for a Cross Country Mk2d rake and some Scotrail ones here. :).

• Like 5

Just one question.

The Western Region train description board frames will obviously be a separate item. Are they only going to be included in with the blue and grey stock or will they be in a "non specific" detail pack with all liveries?

Just asking because I'd like to have some extra ones for use with Mk2a and Mk2e stock (although the stock I currently have may well be replaced by alternatives in the future; hint, hint).

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Flood said:

Just one question.

The Western Region train description board frames will obviously be a separate item. Are they only going to be included in with the blue and grey stock or will they be in a "non specific" detail pack with all liveries?

Just asking because I'd like to have some extra ones for use with Mk2a and Mk2e stock (although the stock I currently have may well be replaced by alternatives in the future; hint, hint).

They are included with early-mid 1970’s appropriate coaches. We’ll look into making them available as an accessory should there be enough interest. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 5

Thanks for providing the video, the new coaches look wonderful, but i'm slightly disappointed with the windows, they appear to be suffering the "fish tank" effect, which has afflicted various coach models over the years, especially the old Airfix types, though to a lesser degree here. As can be seen in the video, moulding the windows as thin boxes with clear sides, creates the prismatic or "fish tank" effect. Wouldn't this have been avoided by moulding them as thicker "pebble" type clear windows, as produced by Extreme Etchings for their Mk2 air-con glazing? It's particularly apparent on the shorter van windows, and the coaches in the red-blue research livery.

The Mk2/2A coaches produced years ago by Bachmann, designed by Colin Albright, with help from your's truly,  don't suffer from this problem. Here are some of my stretched Bachmann Mk2B conversions, which illustrate the difference.

20231203_134518.jpg.63c51827b6fa099647dde0245394ac8c.jpg

20231203_134833.jpg.27903e83f1b34f473b3b667ec88a2500.jpg

And just in passing, shown below is one of my stretched and lowered Lima late 2C conversions, these use homemade sheet glazing (actually Peco point packaging chopped-up), with the frames drawn on with a bow pen. I will still be buying an Accurascale rake or two, then I will have three versions running on my layout!

Cheers, Brian Kirby.

20231203_133516.jpg.153d04e7c0f4316ab1617d1c5cc65884.jpg

20231203_133727.jpg.ffa5ab6ee6fb9b4423e88a6f540639e3.jpg

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

Due date now "The coaches are due to end with us in late January, when we will QC them and then post them out to the masses of excited modellers who have been patiently waiting for us to fill this large gap in BR coaching stock."

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/a-close-look-at-our-mark-2b-coaches-with-added-delivery-update

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Bishdurham said:

Are they here yet or passing the Cape of Good Hope?

The coaches are due to end with us in late January, when we will QC them and then post them out to the masses...............off there news section.

• Like 4

On 08/01/2024 at 18:46, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The coaches are due to end with us in late January, when we will QC them and then post them out to the masses...............off there news section.

Has @Accurascale Fran set you on as his common sense PA, each reply you save him gives you Accurascale points to use towards models 🤣

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Hats off to Accurascale . I had forgotten that I had 2 mk2bs on order through Hattons  until I got email from Hattons saying as they were closing down they couldn’t fulfil order . Got in touch with Accurascale and they are now supplying me direct . Absolutely brilliant service . The only reason I used Hattons instead of going direct in first place was because I was a bit late and they’d already sold out at Accurascale 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, XChris said:

Has @Accurascale Fran set you on as his common sense PA, each reply you save him gives you Accurascale points to use towards models 🤣

I doubt hes that desperate but if it gives them a break from is it here,wheres the ship,whats its name and can i have mine first every little helps,they must have the patience of saints.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 1

30 minutes ago, Legend said:

The only reason I used Hattons instead of going direct in first place was because I was a bit late and they’d already sold out at Accurascale 

Presumably, since Hattons will no longer need the Accurascale products which they ordered to cover pre-orders, Accurascale will now have additional stock to sell, either direct to the public or to retailers.

Regards

Roddy

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Roddy Angus said:

Presumably, since Hattons will no longer need the Accurascale products which they ordered to cover pre-orders, Accurascale will now have additional stock to sell, either direct to the public or to retailers.

Regards

Roddy

I think only after dealing with former Hattons customers . I did quote my original Hattons order number . 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Legend said:

I think only after dealing with former Hattons customers . I did quote my original Hattons order number . 

Hopefully that will be the case, it sounds the fairest way.  Presumably those on the waiting list will get the first opportunity to bagsy any left over after existing customer orders are fulfilled.  I am presuming that Hattons will have retained some models for returns, etc, but that may not be the case.

Roddy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

This is indeed the case. We don’t want any Hattons customers missing out on their pre-orders, so are using the stock allocation to Hattons for Hattons customers only for now. This applies to the Mark 2s, Classes 31, 37, 55 and 66 or any other sold out items on our website. Just drop us a line via the website with your Hattons proof of purchase and we will fix you up!

If you have a Hattons pre-order for an item that is still available for pre-order on our website or via our other retailers then just place the pre-order with your choice of supplier as normal.

Any warranty queries for any Accurascale branded model bought from Hattons can contact us via the website, again with proof of purchase.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, GWR 802006 said:

Any updates on when these coaches will be arriving into the UK?

The irish mk2’s are in Dublin and shipping should start tomorrow. 

The accurascale mk2 (and banana van) container is now due in about 8 days thanks to Berth congestion due to traffic jams caused by the Houthi issues. We’ll provide updates as always as we have them. 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1