Mark 2b, By Accurascale and IRM!

I've got about 2 months to replenish my wallet, then the 31 or the 37 might be imminent.  

Will Accurascale be doing a Brake van at some point given the 16 and 21 tonners are coming out/are out? They'd allow an Accurascale locovto haul an Accurascale train with an Accurascale brake on the back. 

Back on topic, the ship should dock with the mk2s today at (I assume Southampton) some point so it's coming. 

Edited by The Evil Bus Driver
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

While looking at my blue /grey sets I realised I had omitted to get the buffet/first set so ordered this morning and the merry dispatch gang have noted it has been dispatched already!  Good to see for IRM that the first sets of bumble bee livery sets sold out.   I can  guess the blue 111/2/3 models will get used now and on our favourite sales sites go through the roof more than normal!   

Robert

• Like 1

Is there any update on the partial.ly payments not showing correctly on the accurascale website? I’ve got a rake of 5 of these on order paid through partial.ly and despite me fully paying back in December, the accurascale website still shows “partially paid” with a remaining balance.

i did contact support about a month ago about it and was told a fix should be made in the next few weeks, however it’s still showing incorrectly. So just wanted to check here if it’s still a known issue or just a me issue at this point.

Just getting slightly paranoid this will affect my order and end up in me missing out. 😅

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

Is there any update on the partial.ly payments not showing correctly on the accurascale website? I’ve got a rake of 5 of these on order paid through partial.ly and despite me fully paying back in December, the accurascale website still shows “partially paid” with a remaining balance.

i did contact support about a month ago about it and was told a fix should be made in the next few weeks, however it’s still showing incorrectly. So just wanted to check here if it’s still a known issue or just a me issue at this point.

Just getting slightly paranoid this will affect my order and end up in me missing out. 😅

Definitely drop support a catch up. 

On 08/02/2024 at 17:30, GordonC said:

Would it help to cancel your orders and be refunded to free up some cash?

I’m gambling on them going for more than I’d get if refunded as they are sold out.  It’s a risky option when I always use 1p no reserve auctions but need to raise as much as I can, really don’t want to lose the car……

Edited by aureol40012
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

I’m gambling on them going for more than I’d get if refunded as they are sold out.  It’s a risky option when I always use 1p no reserve auctions but need to raise as much as I can, really don’t want to lose the car……

I’m not sure i’d do that, retailers have plenty, and previously A/S have held stock back to list later.

Agreed though these will be popular, and think once they land and those not lucky enough to have seen them at Warley etc, there will be a frenzy.

And don’t forget also the exorbitant listing and selling fees. You’ll need to sell them for significantly more than your purchase price to break even. I wish you all the best though, it sounds like you’re going through a rough time. 

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

You are not the only one. My 37405 for which I paid the final instalment in Nov 2023 still only shows as partially paid. I will also contact support on Monday. 

Roy

• Like 1

Update with the partial.ly payment situation.

contacted support this morning (via email this time), and as partial.ly are still having issues a work-around was used. So my original order was cancelled l, with a new duplicate order created and marked as paid so dispatch won’t be affected. Great help as always from Patrick. 

Hopefully we might see these start to ship this week if the timescale hasn’t changed from previous posts in this thread.

• Like 2

On 10/02/2024 at 15:28, Ajax50046 said:

And don’t forget also the exorbitant listing and selling fees. You’ll need to sell them for significantly more than your purchase price to break even. I wish you all the best though, it sounds like you’re going through a rough time. 

I only sell on 80% offer weekends, for example a record I sold for £103 only

cost me £3.06 in fees, a railway turntable that sold for £209.69 only cost £5.67 in fees.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

34 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

I only sell on 80% offer weekends, for example a record I sold for £103 only

cost me £3.06 in fees, a railway turntable that sold for £209.69 only cost £5.67 in fees.

I hope you don't get your turntables mixed up! 🙃

Ed

• Funny 7

On 10/02/2024 at 15:28, Ajax50046 said:

Making use of the listing promotions ebay is the best value way to retain most of the value of anything you sell. Even at full fees you'll keep a lot more on ebay than you ever will through a conventional auction house or sale to a dealer. As for the 'exorbitant' listing fees, they're zero for private sellers.

• Agree 1

On 07/02/2024 at 22:07, aureol40012 said:

Unfortunately fighting a legal battle I didn’t start is going to be costing me a considerable 5 figure sum in solicitors fees and I’ve already started selling records and models I thought I’d have forever.  Even my beloved TR6 owned for 31 years may have to go.

In short, I’m likely to have to sell some or all of the 30 coaches I ordered when announced, so there will be some on eBay, from me at least!

So sorry to hear this. I was in a similar boat 14 years ago.

14 hours ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

Update with the partial.ly payment situation.

contacted support this morning (via email this time), and as partial.ly are still having issues a work-around was used. So my original order was cancelled l, with a new duplicate order created and marked as paid so dispatch won’t be affected. Great help as always from Patrick. 

Hopefully we might see these start to ship this week if the timescale hasn’t changed from previous posts in this thread.

I had the same problem and Patrick resolved this at 10am Sunday, yes Sunday morning! Top notch customer service as always! (I'm sure Patrick never sleeps)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Melton Works said:

So sorry to hear this. I was in a similar boat 14 years ago.

Thanks for your kind words, and I know we will survive and come out the other side stronger, and it’s only money/things, but it’s still heart wrenching.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, Robert Shrives said:

I was thinking long the lines of NIR 904 ..... as well for this body moulding. - it would get two liveries? 

Sure get the NIR Gatwick set of Mk2fs done as well!😁

• Like 1