Revolution Going underground! 1938 stock in N!

AY Mod

I have put off pre-ordering these because I wanted to see whether Revolution would be able to get the bodies closer to rail level than the motorised EFE 00 gauge model. From the models shown at York it looks like the N gauge versions will indeed be tube trains.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

I have put off pre-ordering these because I wanted to see whether Revolution would be able to get the bodies closer to rail level than the motorised EFE 00 gauge model. From the models shown at York it looks like the N gauge versions will indeed be tube trains.

Unfortunately, these tooling EP samples arrived without wheels so we had to improvise. The production models will sit a little higher, but it’s very marginal. 

Edited by Revolution Mike B
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, CF MRC said:

Any progress? I’m building a layout for them…

Tim

Our project page always has the latest.  The working samples were on display at The International N Gauge Show and GETS.  We may have decorated samples in time for Warley.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Our project page always has the latest.  The working samples were on display at The International N Gauge Show and GETS.  We may have decorated samples in time for Warley.

cheers

Ben A.

Hallo Ben,

My only question on this project is 'when will the early bird prices be closed?' Will it be 2022 or later? It has been an expensive year, so for my wallet, the later the better.

Thanks in advance

es grüßt

pc 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MoonM said:

Any pics of the samples from Gets? Can't believe I missed them! Thanks 

There's a video showing the sample on our Facebook page, plus images on our website, and we will have these samples (or decorated ones, if they arrive in time) on show at Warley.

cheers

Ben A.

On 16/05/2023 at 02:07, Mike Harvey said:

Courtesy of Mike Hale at GETS, I had a look at the underside of a powered car. I am now confident that the tube train will be hugging the rails and, from what I was told, the running tests on smaller radii have shown that the design is reliable.  I think that there is the tiniest compromise in height as a result of using outside bearing axles which means that the bottom of the car side is above the top of the very low profile side frame. This fuzzy picture is cropped from a shot taken through the perspex  of the display cabinet.

20231014_122808_Original.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I was very lucky to have a close look at the ‘38 stick at Warley. It really is very impressive and should be amenable to modification to make ‘35 stock for use on Copenhagen Fields. IMG_8851.jpeg?width=960&height=720&fit=b

The bogies have been cleverly designed to allow the train to negotiate small radius curves and of course there is no buffer locking. 
IMG_8850.jpeg?width=960&height=720&fit=b
N gauge tube modelling will now be a whole lot easier.

Tim

• Like 11

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I was fortunate to get a picture of the paint sample ‘38 stock, looking very sharp and smart. 
IMG_9402.jpeg?width=960&height=720&fit=b

Evidently, the non-motor cars are going to have some extra weight incorporated to improve running. I think these are going to be immensely popular - there is a tremendous amount of interest in the underground, as I found out this weekend at AP. 

Tim

• Like 9
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2024 at 13:25, Steven B said:

I'm still waiting for announcement of a dinosaur livery unit:

50943464421_6a14dff9ca_w.jpg

Dinosaur duo by Jason Rodhouse, on Flickr

I did enquire about commissioning a run of these for the London Transport Traction Group, but unfortunately the costs weren't viable for us as we're of rather limited means! Something to think about in the future perhaps, though.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 5 weeks later...

PXL_20240427_1037442522.jpg.0e90f16db84a70a2c4a6ca4667e91790.jpgLatest decorated sample looking exquisite. One minor suggestion (maybe already planned for) would be to paint the chassis block a matt black rather than keep the grey metal colour - this way it will match the non powered cars a little closer. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Great to see a decorated sample.   Should now be a lot easier to model IOW in full.   IIRC the dino livery was created by a firm on the Island and full detailed info no longer available, creation would only be possible from photos  and some computer time so perhaps eventually.  

but these samples bode well.   I suspect some rule one for liveries running together.  NSE livery was history by time the Island line logoed sets as all by 007 in LT got dino livery or withdrawn.

set "010" which never ran was the all NSE blue boarded up spare and that will be a fun siding filler along withdrawn 03s.      

In other thoughts the uber low chassis will suit 07-16 tampers and other OTM so perhaps this project has further mileage off the Island.  

Edited by Robert Shrives
add detail
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1