Palbrick B in OO gauge

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Last post from me.

Your facts are not facts, they are your deliberate avoidance of the legal situation. Your posts clearly show you don’t care that people give you access to view, but not download, images to help but you deliberately circumvent the protection that they place upon that image. 

I am well aware of the problems of protecting material published on the internet, I just get fed up with people brazenly admitting to being petty thieves and seemingly proud to be so. 

Roy

My last post, too.

'Protection' that is nothing of the sort is no protection - to rely on it is foolhardy.

'My' photo archive is for my own use, and for the occasional assistance of others with specific needs; copyright is attributed where known.

If the 'owners' of the material truly posted it for the assistance of others, they cannot object to my actions, surely?

CJI.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Last post from me.

Your facts are not facts, they are your deliberate avoidance of the legal situation. Your posts clearly show you don’t care that people give you access to view, but not download, images to help but you deliberately circumvent the protection that they place upon that image. 

I am well aware of the problems of protecting material published on the internet, I just get fed up with people brazenly admitting to being petty thieves and seemingly proud to be so. 

Roy

Wake up and join the real world.

John says it as it is.

I have material that I consider to be of no commercial value and I post it on the web. If I think it might have a monetary value then I do not.

When I have carried out research for others I do not post any material unless it has been agreed to do so.

Many years ago I was involved with a discussion with the head of intelectual property at the MOD. They are very strict and you never see their material published on the internet. I can show it to friends, so in principle I could post it to a closed members only group. But I would not do that.

Funnily enough I have a DVD that includes an MOD photo and if you find the film on the web the photo and the details of a person in it have been edited out. A synopsis of the film, also on the web, has a comment about a short break in the film at that point, but no mention as to what has been removed or why. 

I was quite surprised the other day, when looking for details of a particulat building of historic interest, to find one of my photos came up as the top hit. It did give me a credit, but certainly I had never given clearance for any one to use it. I am not bothered, as if I was concerned about it's use I would not have published it.

What the letter of the law might say is one thing, what happens is rather different.

If you value material then do not put it on the web.

Simples

Bernard

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t think it’s already been mentioned in the 6 previous pages, but I spotted one of the Palbrick liner train / freightliner match wagon conversions today in the sidings at whatever they now call “Derby Research”. 
Might be this one, 024974, ex- ADB462740

https://www.departmentals.com/departmental/024794

Edited by eastwestdivide
Info
  • Informative/Useful 1

Still debating whether to buy a pack of the wagons in ‘original’ condition. It seems all three have black stanchions on the adjustable ends, requiring repainting. But for those black ends it would be an automatic choice.

As I already have all the under frame parts including buffers for one wagon, I’m wondering how difficult scratch building a body would be.

It amply proves the ‘5P’s maxim. (And I’m not talking Jubilees here!)

On 31/10/2021 at 20:46, Dunsignalling said:

Good choice of prototype. Quirky but not too rare (while they lasted).

Any chance of loads to go with them as Accurascale have done with their 21t minerals?

I have a couple of Ian's kits but seem to have put them "somewhere safe". :huh: 

John

Only 90 of this pattern (Palbrick B with BR clasp brakes, roller bearings and oleo buffers) were built, Ashford 1959.

Numbered B462707-96

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/02/2023 at 08:09, BlackRat said:

Hopefully not long now till the arrival of the Palbricks, wonder if the stanchion issue has been sorted.

Still it’s an easy enough job to repaint them …………

Easy enough for the manufacturer to get them right as well!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 21/02/2023 at 08:09, BlackRat said:

Hopefully not long now till the arrival of the Palbricks, wonder if the stanchion issue has been sorted.

That'll be a no judging by the new images.

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see the review in the World of Railways email. In short, some issues but still good value for money. This is my KR Models test purchase, and for the money I don't expect perfection, but the compromises taken and the QA will determine whether I commit any more (money) in the future.

Thing is though, do they tell you when orders are despatched or do they just arrive?

• Like 1

Got my pack of three today. They look good - I can overlook the axleboxes. I think they would look better with loads - does anyone make the brick pallets that they carried in 4mm?

KR Models are to be congratulated for making a model of a distinctive and unusual prototype, in contrast to the seemingly endless tide of five and seven plank wagons that has hit us from other manufacturers. 

• Like 1

So mine have arrived this morning. Unexpected, in the sense that no notification was sent in advance branded 'KR Models', just a note from Royal Mail saying that they would be delivering something from 'Multi Channel Logistics'. The packaging has to be the flimsiest I have come across in a model railway context. But having said that nothing is missing, broken or loose so far as I can see from an initial check.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Likewise…..and I have to agree re the packaging.

Still at least they arrived ( in one piece) and apart from the obvious they are really rather nice, look good and run very well.

I would certainly buy more if there’s a second run.

• Agree 1

With rain interrupting my gardening I have had a second look. First thing to say is that one of the jack handles had fallen off in the packaging. So these will merit careful checking before putting into service - they will be a to find if they fall off on track work.

Unlike the BRM review samples none of mine have any printing missing.

As for the 'bowed sides' this seems to mostly affect the side with the jack handles to the left, albeit to varying degrees on the 3 wagons. There is some flexibility in the material so I suspect it can be corrected - e.g. with gentle application of heat. But equally I am not sure how obvious it will be at normal viewing distances.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today as well via an email from the Post Office saying they would be making a delivery from 'Multi Channel Logistics'.

Like others have said the packaging is interesting but my set arrived safely with no bowing evident.

The build quality and weight are certainly impressive.

The grey vacuum cylinders are a bit funky. I have painted these in this evening along with the buffer shanks with Valejo black acrylic.

The wheels have been inked in with a black Sharpie. These small improvements certainly make a difference.

Looking at Rowlands wagon books it looks as if the lettering is not in the correct position.

I will repaint mine. I have ordered a set of Cambridge Custom Transfers BL56 to refinish this trio. 

Overall I am impressed with this set. The build quality is excellent perhaps let down with the presentation and livery application.

Very promising though from KR Models.

Cheers,

Mark 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

With a view to repainting the trio I've just separated the body from the chassis. Two small screws is all it takes.

The chassis is nicely cast in metal so has some weight about it. It may be useful for other wagon diagrams as well no doubt. 

John from Cambridge Custom Transfers notified me to say he was printing the transfer order today so hopefully the Palbricks should be refinished soon.

Cheers,

Mark 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just arrived. Packing could have been better, as the outer box is too easily deformed and easily crushes the internal model box.

The three full framed. One has two of the end triangular support plates adrift. An easy fix. One has severe glue marks on the internal decking. Another has one of the little uprights (from the base of the triangular support) missing. Not sure what they were for?

Perhaps I will see if these can be corrected but overall not a bad model. However any attempt to correct the model voids the warrantee so I will rethink.

The other delivery (open frame type). One wagon has all four of the supports adrift and the end frame broken and bent over.

Another does not have the base glued down fully. These will be going back for a refund.

• Friendly/supportive 2

My delivery of nine has just arrived this morning, have checked them all and are all OK. A superb little wagon and I couldn't build anything like that for the price and finish. Well done KRM!

If another batch is produced I will certainly order some more.