Palbrick B in OO gauge

Paul.Uni

Well I think it's quite a pretty livery with it's pink wheels n'all.

It should keep the Woke crowd happy. I think a 4mm model of the Port Merion (prisoner) Mini Moke would be perfect as a prototypical load.

Can't wait to get mine.

Does it come with a free track rubber?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Martin Welch’s Wild Swan book is called the art of weathering.  Looking at the Paul Bartlett photograph that Andy linked to we can see the exact vehicle that was being represented (maybe not the pink wheels).  You can’t weather by numbers.  It is an art.  The prototype has naturally evolved with shades of rust, with faded colours from different periods and dozens of winters and summers you can’t just put some generic colours on an otherwise mint vehicle and expect it to make sense.

Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Well I think it's quite a pretty sexist livery with it's pink wheels n'all. racist

It should keep the Woke crowd happy oxymoron. I think a 4mm model of the Port Merion (prisoner) Mini sizeist Moke would be perfect as a prototypical load.

Can't wait to get mine. elitist

Does it come with a free track rubber? aspirationalist

3/10 P,

Must do better.

Mike.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Must do better.

Thanks. I'm trying but I think you need to get more in touch with your inner pink. Your reply has been recorded...   come the revolution...

Look on the brightside  (not Sheffield). Might see some going cheap shortly. Just the job with a new floor and plasticard sides.

Your Costa Blanca heatwave going to your ed?

Think kink pink.   😕

https://railway-news.com/newag-dragon-2-locomotive-laude-smart-intermodal/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Wow pink wheels.

Has someone upset someone in the factory or something ?

I can’t believe pink wheels would pass Chinese quality control, let alone UK one.

To me that reads like someone sending a message.

Edited by adb968008
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Wow pink wheels.

I can’t believe pink wheels would pass Chinese quality control, let alone UK one.

a6658deaa679285cf2a3aed4d8c2cb06.jpg.c4e182aea0c2921788a1bbbbf79e0e2a.jpg

“Intellectually, this new Palbrick is legitimated by a number of loosely connected ideologies – leftover Marxism, feminism and other sexual identity doctrines, racial and ethnic separatism, various brands of therapeutic gospels and that of environmentalism.“

V.Groovy. 

Chief Designer .

Moon Unit Palbrick. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 6

8 minutes ago, Jenny Emily said:

With a few minutes of weathering it actually looks okay. 

57198669-F65B-44B2-8688-7200543B0730.jpeg.f2ec2bdb6270f20dc10932e42d61de99.jpeg

B9D416DC-C1C5-43AD-8E64-912F7D993AA2.jpeg.1c68df33ca7f7ca144bea6382192a12e.jpeg

Agreed - but since when did model producers sell items that only look acceptable IF the customer weathers them?

It should have been blindingly obvious to KRM that Paul Bartlett's image showed a decrepit wagon that had acquired its final patina during years of use and misuse.

It should also have been apparent that it would be impossible to reproduce this complex appearance of neglect under commercial factory conditions.

...... and that the wheels most certainly were NOT pink!

CJI.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Jenny Emily said:

With a few minutes of weathering it actually looks okay. 

57198669-F65B-44B2-8688-7200543B0730.jpeg.f2ec2bdb6270f20dc10932e42d61de99.jpeg

B9D416DC-C1C5-43AD-8E64-912F7D993AA2.jpeg.1c68df33ca7f7ca144bea6382192a12e.jpeg

I really like that.  personally I would fully embrace the idea of weathering that wagon down.  But, I realise that people have paid good money and shouldn’t have to invest time and resources to make your purchase acceptable.

Andy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Wow pink wheels.

Unless someone had accepted the sample like that and approved for production, then the factory would have to pass it as it was to customer spec. Customer gives wrong spec then manufacturer by contract will supply to that spec.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

It's as if someone has taken the livery details for the comedy wagon from the cad render but as others have said, how on earth was it approved for production and why are retailers not only accepting them but then sending them out to paying members of the public ? 

As I said in an earlier post, with this attention to basics, let alone detail, I have even less confidence in their proposed locos. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

16 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Wow pink wheels.

Something like

'Watch out where the huskies go

and don't you eat the yellow snow' ?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

As I said in an earlier post, with this attention to basics, let alone detail, I have even less confidence in their proposed locos. 

Things are certainly looking a little "glass half empty" at the moment.  Yet it wasn't that long ago when they were half Fell...

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 10

Having watched a few things on painting etc in the past - I wonder if the problem with this wagon is that simply a stage in the weathering process has been completely missed.

You'll often see people paint some odd colours and you think how the heck is that the right colour until they add something on top and you get the ahh moment as you see how the two elements combined give the desired effect.

So perhaps this wagon is still in it's undercoat stage of the weathering process and the final wash had not been applied over the wagon to achieve the desired look and it was simply shipped in it's underwear?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

So perhaps this wagon is still in it's undercoat stage of the weathering process and the final wash had not been applied over the wagon to achieve the desired look and it was simply shipped in it's underwear?

Highly unlikely, any painting scheme wouldn’t include the wheel tread as it would have to be cleaned off. 
looks more like a poor specification, if it wasn’t then it’s extremely poor QC to send these out. 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

Highly unlikely, any painting scheme wouldn’t include the wheel tread as it would have to be cleaned off. 

The  EP shown on the thread over a smidge over a year ago did seem to have have a "toning down mist" applied but looking at the enlarged image, the wheels still looked a  pink. Guess they missed the damaged tensioner/load spreader and droopy oleo..

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Gold

On a more positive note, anyone with a copy of Rear & Jones’ “The Llangollen Line Ruabon to Barmouth” (Book Law/Foxline) should gave a gander at Plate 82.

This inspirational shot shows 4 of these wagons parked in a headshunt at Trevor, at the end of a gated private siding to the nearby Roberts & McGinis’s brick works.  Looks ideal for a bit of exchange shunting on a model railway 😎

Update: The same image appears on the Wrexham History website:

Trevor-Station-1960-768x472.jpg

Edited by franciswilliamwebb
(added photo link)
  • Like 5