Palbrick B in OO gauge

Paul.Uni

48 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

Highly unlikely, any painting scheme wouldn’t include the wheel tread as it would have to be cleaned off. 
looks more like a poor specification, if it wasn’t then it’s extremely poor QC to send these out. 

Depends what is being aimed at, the wheels don't need to be conductive so cheaper to leave them like that - or if the wagon is a non runner then the wheels would rust.

Here is a snap of @Jenny Emily 's image of the orignal EP and what was delivered - there is a clearly a toning wash missing that gives us the Dulux tester version.

image.png.faad9bb53947f2890be8a2b037106ffc.png

image.png.5912733b8d56be398ea80ee3ee9504e9.png

The failing here is that QC at the factory let it pass and was it accepted by KR Models and distributed - either by mistake or worse because no-one wanted to bear the cost of putting it right by returning them to the factory and applying the wash.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

applying the wash

Yet they went to trouble of applying some satin varnish as on (parts) of the bodied version.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Simple really - downright amateurism somewhere in the process (or in more than one place) and the end customer carries the can for it.   But I really do wonder why the factory let it go like that?   Very odd as it would involve a big loss of face for them iif they are reminded of the original spec and the accepted livery sample.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

But I really do wonder why the factory let it go like that?

Is it a consequence of having something manufactured on the other side of the world, communications not quite being as they should, a factory taking advantage, knowing legal action would be bl**dy expensive and likely to fail, etc., etc?

Another to add to list of rolling stock not being delivered as specified?

Two that spring to mind are the Accurascale cemflo with short axles and the mis liveried Rapido Ferry vans. (Credit to Rapido for taking action)

2 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Is it a consequence of having something manufactured on the other side of the world, communications not quite being as they should, a factory taking advantage, knowing legal action would be bl**dy expensive and likely to fail, etc., etc?

Another to add to list of rolling stock not being delivered as specified?

Two that spring to mind are the Accurascale cemflo with short axles and the mis liveried Rapido Ferry vans. (Credit to Rapido for taking action)

Lots of things are manufactured thousands of miles away including intricate mobile phones.

This isn't someone taking advantage, it's a mistake that has not been put right.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

But I really do wonder why the factory let it go like that? 

3 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Hi,

I think we are being unfair on the Factory here, the factories in China will make what you ask them to make to the quality you ask them to make it to, there isn't any 'taking advantage'.

My personal view  is that this is entirely down to the way that KR have managed the factory and either they haven't managed the factory (who have then perhaps had to make decisions to the best of their ability) or they are managing them in a totally illogical or extremely poor way.

Simon

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

This isn't someone taking advantage, it's a mistake that has not been put right.

... and those mistakes are made all off the time hence product recalls.

1 minute ago, Porcy Mane said:

... and those mistakes are made all off the time hence product recalls.

And maybe KR will do something about it, however, so far no public response - perhaps they are looking at their options before jumping into the lions den

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

It's only a bloody wagon wheel!

"Pink wheels on my wagon, but I'm still rolling along.

The factory (Chinese), puts us ill at ease,

paint on the tread, should be shiny instead,

but I'm singing this happy song".

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

the Accurascale cemflo with short axles 

That proved to be a PM specification issue, not a china issue :) That PM no longer works here :p

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

It's as if someone has taken the livery details for the comedy wagon from the cad render but as others have said, how on earth was it approved for production and why are retailers not only accepting them but then sending them out to paying members of the public ? 

As I said in an earlier post, with this attention to basics, let alone detail, I have even less confidence in their proposed locos. 

Rob. 

To be honest from the Rail of Sheffield advert you linked to, the customers should not be surprised, the promo shots on the ad show exactly what you are going to get, pink wheels and everything. 

Andy

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, woodenhead said:

The failing here is that QC at the factory let it pass and was it accepted by KR Models and distributed - either by mistake or worse because no-one wanted to bear the cost of putting it right by returning them to the factory and applying the wash.

It needs more than "a wash", dunking in paint stripper would be the best thing for it. What sort of wash is going to fade the blue and darken the grey as per the EP? The base colours just look plain wrong compared with the EP.