Hornby 2022 - Diesel/Electric Range

AY Mod

• Moderators

New tooling - 0-6-0 Sentinel

Slide117.JPG

Re-tooled HST power car sets with additional speaker space and revised body-mounted couplings.

Slide54.JPG

Slide55.JPG

Slide56.JPG

Slide57.JPG

Slide58.JPG

Other key points for the D&E market

Re-introduction of the 4-VEP with tooling amendments and 5-pole motor bogie.

Slide65.JPG

Slide66.JPG

Re-introduction of the Class 110 Calder valley units with pole motor bogie.

Slide25.JPG

Slide26.JPG

Reliveries

Slide29.JPG

Slide30.JPG

Slide31.JPG

Slide32.JPG

Slide33.JPG

Slide34.JPG

Slide35.JPG

Slide36.JPG

Slide37.JPG

Slide38.JPG

Slide39.JPG

Slide40.JPG

Slide41.JPG

Slide24.JPG

Slide25.JPG

Slide26.JPG

Slide22.JPG

Slide23.JPG

Slide51.JPG

Slide54.JPG

Slide55.JPG

Slide56.JPG

Slide57.JPG

Slide58.JPG

Slide59.JPG

Slide60.JPG

Slide61.JPG

Slide62.JPG

Slide63.JPG

Slide64.JPG

Slide65.JPG

Slide66.JPG

Slide67.JPG

Slide68.JPG

Slide95.JPG

Slide96.JPG

Slide97.JPG

Slide98.JPG

Slide99.JPG

Slide100.JPG

Slide101.JPG

Slide102.JPG

Slide103.JPG

Slide104.JPG

Slide105.JPG

Slide106.JPG

Slide107.JPG

Slide108.JPG

Slide109.JPG

Slide110.JPG

Slide111.JPG

Slide112.JPG

Slide113.JPG

Slide114.JPG

Slide115.JPG

Slide116.JPG

Slide117.JPG

Slide207.JPG

Slide208.JPG

Slide209.JPG

Slide210.JPG

Slide211.JPG

Slide212.JPG

Slide213.JPG

Slide214.JPG

Slide215.JPG

Slide218.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• AY Mod pinned this topic

Well I am a very happy boy!

image.png.74926d57cc61907d74b1f406cabcd3b1.png

I can't find the TPE 802 on their website though.

Now I need to identify somebody with tier 1 status to get some Biomass wagons ordered!

I am also pleased they have done the 755, not in region but I might still get one as I think they are a cool looking unit.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

3 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

What does "Tier one customer exclusive" mean? I know they put weird tiers in for stockists causing mass pre-order cancellations but now customers are being ranked too?!

Customer being the stockist not us the end user I presume.

2 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Now I need to identify somebody with tier 1 status to get some Biomass wagons ordered!

I am also pleased they have done the 755, not in region but I might still get one as I think they are a cool looking unit.

hopefully, if the 755s sell well, we might get a 745 later on down the line

• Like 1

Was not expecting the flirt. The 0-6-0 sentinel is welcome, as apart from the motor there would be no carry over parts from the smaller one. The retooled HST screams to me that Hornby are making sure no one tries to get in with a better version. All the reliveries are what people have been asking for. And it will be finally public which are tier one now.

As for the VEP, have they corrected the front end? Notice the shots are only side on?

Edited by cheesysmith
Spelling
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

You also need a sympathetic Bank Manager.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, Crisis Rail said:

You also need a sympathetic Bank Manager.

Yes, definitely although a lot of this stuff would displace other things I have that are less regionally relevant to me. I probably won't bite with one or two items on that list immediately (I already have 2 LNER Azumas on order, not sure I need a third but might have the coach pack to make 7 car ones out of both of them)

802, 803 and Biomass are definites for me though.

• Like 1

Well well well, looks like someone has been reading these forums.  21 pin DCC?  Retooled Mk3s? Even Mr K had a reference to the second hand resale values of the old VEP range when announcing the retooled 423.  The FLIRTs are a nice one, hopefully they have designed the tooling to accommodate the detail differences for the Welsh fleet.  Unfortunately Mr K did manage to score an own goal by alleging diesels and electrics are less characteristic than steam, which says a lot, but overall, not too bad.

I might even be tempted to add the large logo 50 to the shopping list.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

As for the VEP, have they corrected the front end? Notice the shots are only side on?

That's was my first thought as well, but it's good to see that they're using the tooling again, even though Southern and SWT liveries are well out of my era. I'm tempted by one in SWT, as one of my last journeys in a slam-door EMU was an SWT 4-Vep.

Also, i'm assuming that the 5-pole motor is a new feature for the VEP motor bogie, in which case, I think there might be a bit of a spares market for them for the old models.

• Like 2

I do want to know if they have corrected the faults in the old 110, but I doubt it. Incorrect bogie spacings and a crease down the side? Am disappointed that they didn't used the same underframe design as used with the 153. A single mould with more details rather than the would box with relief on.

I think if this announcement was a school report it would say good effort but can do better.

• RMweb Gold

Interesting livery variant on the original NSE of 50044. Not seen any pics of it with the wraparound black window surrounds, but I always though that it would look good like that at the time. The only slight problem is that I have become addicted to reprofiling the front on the Hornby 50 and adding the Shawplan screens, so it would affect the lovely paint job, so better for me to buy secondhand to chop about.

My wallet is safe for now.

Lovely to see the VEPs back! CIG next? Haha. 

I do wonder what the tooling amendments are... 

The South Central livery really did suit the VEP, shame only 1 was painted. Odd not to include Connex (South Central and South Eastern), especially as that was very common sight back in the early 2000s! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WestRail642fan said:

I've just noticed the the 755s have two models with the same item numbers
image.png.4063c6d308b3b2a1be2db16cff885a34.png
I'm going to assume that 
R3963A and R3964A will be either DCC Fitted or DCC ready with R3963 and R3964 being the reverse

SK said in the video there would be two of each so I presume they are different running numbers.

Looking at the 110, and the RRP, Hornby only charge £25 for the centre trailer coach. There would be little difference between a centre and a driving coach from a manufacturing point. Are they saying motorized vehicles add £75 to the cost? Hornby can sell me the unpowered cars at £25 notes and I'll motorise them myself. Even the most expensive spares for the Hornby DMU motor bogies are only £25.

And the 4 car IEP for £500 notes?

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Absolutely incredible, just when I had virtually written off today's Hornby, they go and do something like demonstrate that they actually listen to their D&E customers (eventually), well played!

The FGW 'fag packet' HST is something 23 years in the making...and the colourful local VEPs would be rude not to buy, that SWT livery sits oh so well on the unit there!

Hopefully they'll get the grey colours right on the sector '60's and they can get back onto form to match their 2006 grey 'Canisp' release. :good_mini:

Cheers,

James

• Like 8
  • Agree 5

Can't help but think this is a mixed bag. I think the price of the 110 and the HST will see people keep the one they have rather than change or upgrade, especially when the former is just another re-run. Interesting selection of liveries but what do Hornby use to decide what to choose! Why not match these to the releases for the class 91... so that you end up with both which is what anyone running the ECML will be wanting. Instead you have a mix and match that doesn't cover either.

The FLIRT are interesting but I question just how good a move this is - yes its Anglia and modern with an off-shoot to model Wales but this means they don't run alongside much else modern in Anglia and thus don't fit much into layouts already done. Bold choice but just think somehow these will be slow to shift... could that 180 have been better - probably...  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

this means they don't run alongside much else modern in Anglia and thus don't fit much into layouts already done

I think that if somebody modelled ECML in Cambridgeshire then they'd be able to justify one. I think they go to Peterborough for example. One thing I had thought about alongside these, given Bachmann aren't very forthcoming with a Northern 158 was to have an alternative stock of further south (which 800s, 801s and 803s would still suit, along with most of my freight stock) which could involve an EMT 158 and a 755 or two. But that won't be happening soon due to the sheer amount of stuff I  have on order already (and want to order from this range).