Hornby 2022 - Wagons

AY Mod

Thanks Tom.

It’s the new ones R60177. the shop I got them is is splitting them into singles did wonder why it said pack of 2 on the box when I got home and the looked here for info on the other wagon numbers available 

Edited by roy h

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, roy h said:

Can anybody confirm that the Drax wagons is two wagons per pack. As have picked up some today and they are single ?

Each wagon is individually boxed and labelled R60176/77 then there's an outer card sleeve that states 'set of 2PXL_20221230_141440507.jpg.407177075026da6c09b099d73b223385.jpg'. If a retailer is splitting them and charging 50 quid a pop then that's dodgy IMHO.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

tier three dealers

Tier one.

Limited but doesn't seem anywhere near as limited as I thought in January where other than some such as myself who were quick to get orders in a lot were restricting to 1 of each pack per person.

KJB models for example showed on their Facebook page half of what they got and I think it was about 40 packs. They did order as many as they could (according to their post) as the wagons pass them daily.

Speculation at one point was that each dealer was only getting a handful.

12 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

KJB models for example showed on their Facebook page half of what they got and I think it was about 40 packs. They did order as many as they could (according to their post) as the wagons pass them daily.

KJB got 100 of each pack - I know that from KJB herself!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

And what are they charging? If it's £50 then that's out of order in my opinion.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Multiple are doing it. Report them to Hornby if thats the case.

Amazing really. You always here “Support your local model shop” only for them to try and rip you off. Two of my locals I have now blacklisted and will refuse to use.

so thats a couple of hundred pounds a month in lost revenue for them from me.

where as KJB, although not local tried their best to help me being caught out by the pre-xmas delivery.

sadly they had all gone - so the hunt continues.

Edited by Awes0mesauce
Early button press!
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

And what are they charging? If it's £50 then that's out of order in my opinion.

Yes they are just had a chat with them on the phone to double check what’s going on and the will check with there Hornby rep as been going there for years so at this moment I’ll take it as a genuine mistake. Thanks for the help gents 

• Like 1

I'm sure given the high demand this won't be the last time ever that Hornby reintroduce Drax Biomass Wagons Packs ,  another run possibly in the next five years. Given the high demand there is for them? That would stop the high prices of £300 - £400 plus, that are currently being asked for them. That was what Simon said about The Clan class locomotives.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, roy h said:

Yes they are just had a chat with them on the phone to double check what’s going on and the will check with there Hornby rep as been going there for years so at this moment I’ll take it as a genuine mistake. Thanks for the help gents 

I would hope any retailer would know how many wagons were delivered and how much they paid for them, but here's hoping anyway. The price did seem rather bizzare for a two pack.

• RMweb Gold

I’ve just been to my local shop to collect my 009 Charles and there was a solitary  biomass twin pack in the shelf whispering ‘buy me’, it would have been rude to refuse really, one for the display cabinet with my GB 60 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 28/12/2022 at 22:33, newbryford said:

If anyone has the original release drax wagons and the new version - is there a difference in weight?

I had my hands (on a weekend loan) on a couple of the originals and they were very light and would try to derail at any opportunity.

I don't have any of the first release to compare but the new ones are very light IMHO so it's hard to imagine them being even lighter orignally. If there are problems I would hope it will be fairly straight forward to add some additional weight given the central hollow fully enclosed shell however.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Awes0mesauce said:

Modelworld UK is another to black list. £120 for a 2 pack. Thats 140% mark up.

they’ve just listed 20 packs on eBay. This is official retailers doing it. Shocking.

I saw this too that two both sets 11 of each have appeared in the last three hours.

I did think about buying one each of them, but I don't think it is right as listed retailers they are selling them over 140% The RRP.

I was thankfully lucky to buy R30231 HM The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee West Country No. 70 ‘Elizabeth ll’ - Era 11 when they were announced. I want to keep mine, I was extremely saddend and some what angry, to see people profiting on them God rest her beautiful soul. God save the King!

What would happen now if Hornby were to suddenly annouce another batch are being produced due to the significant increase in demand? 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RyanN91 said:

I'm sure given the high demand this won't be the last time ever that Hornby reintroduce Drax Biomass Wagons Packs ,  another run possibly in the next five years. Given the high demand there is for them? That would stop the high prices of £300 - £400 plus, that are currently being asked for them. That was what Simon said about The Clan class locomotives.

If there was another run it would be nice to have some in their original livery with Northern Powerhouse decals as they still run in mixed rakes today (recent picture from Flickr).

60026 6E10 Winwick (2)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Awes0mesauce said:

Modelworld UK is another to black list. £120 for a 2 pack. Thats 140% mark up.

they’ve just listed 20 packs on eBay. This is official retailers doing it. Shocking.

Modelworld UK "aim to supply you with the greatest variety of models at extremely competitive prices" - they say so themselves on their website. Clearly their eBay listings must be an embodiment of this......

I might email them about it just for the sake, and see what response (if any) I get. And an email to Hornby about their Tier system - this is an example of a Tier 1 retailer trying to extract as much money out of their customers as they possibly can when we are in the midst of a cost of living crisis. Disgraceful.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Chris116 said:

The sad thing is that Hornby could land up on the wrong side of the law if they try to stop anyone selling items at a particular price so there may be nothing that can be done.

Sure, but they could lower the Tier of a particular retailer, ultimately that is their discretion.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, scouse889 said:

Sure, but they could lower the Tier of a particular retailer, ultimately that is their discretion.

Very true. That would be a way to deal with the situation provided they can justify it for reasons other than prices charged.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

The sad thing is that Hornby could land up on the wrong side of the law if they try to stop anyone selling items at a particular price so there may be nothing that can be done.

Yeah but they already try to control what stuff gets sold for with the 10% max discount for however many weeks after release rule.

Like with a lot of industries, where dealers have an "area" or where stuff "has" to be sold at RRP, whilst they can't stop it legally they can refuse to do business with them.

• Agree 3